Nothing is better than your batch of Air Fryer Mini Taco Bowls on Taco Tuesday. Filled to the brim with ground beef or chicken and a plethora of fresh vegetables, finished with a homemade cilantro-lime sour cream.
If you were looking for something fun for the entire family on Taco Tuesday, this is it, made with wholesome ingredients. You can now skip the drive-thru and make your own!
Whether you call them taco bowls or basket burritos, you get the same amazing taste, and no one can resist their creation. So make a huge taco bar and have the family fix their toppings. This is perfect for even the pickiest eater in your house!
If you are looking for some more kid-friendly and family-friendly air fryer recipes, some of my favorites are HOW TO MAKE MEATLOAF IN YOUR AIR FRYER, AIR FRYER SOUTHWESTERN SHRIMP TACOS, AIR FRYER GENERAL TSO’S CHICKEN RECIPE, and my kid’s favorite, AIR FRYER PAD THAI CHICKEN EGG ROLLS.
Air Fryer Taco Bowls
These are so easy to prepare with the help of the air fryer.
Today, while I used ground beef, you can easily change the protein to anything from a vegan option to grilled chicken.
You can easily make your own taco bowls using a special fluted tortilla shells maker, available at most big-box retailers and Amazon (affiliate link).
These taco bowls are available at my local American Grocery Stores; Ortega or Old El Paso manufactures them.
As soon as my son saw them, he was in love. I mean, what is better than making your taco bowl?
And the air fryer does an amazing job at crisping the taco bowls up!
How To Make Mini Taco Bowls Recipe
Discover the joy of bite-sized goodness with our Mini Taco Bowls recipe! These adorable, miniaturized versions of the classic taco are a fun and easy way to enjoy all your favorite taco fillings in a convenient, edible bowl.
Whether you’re looking for a creative spin on Taco Tuesday, planning a party, or want a meal that’s as playful as it is delicious, these Mini Taco Bowls are the perfect solution. Using tortillas molded into a muffin tin and filled with your choice of delicious ingredients, you’re just steps away from a fantastic Mexican fiesta. Read on to learn how to whip up these mini marvels!
Ingredients Used For Air Fryer Mini Taco Bowls:
- Shredded Iceberg Lettuce
- Shredded Mexican Cheese
- Ground Beef
- Mini Taco Bowls
- Pico De Gallo or Salsa
- Fresh Cilantro
- Homemade Taco Seasoning
- Cilantro Lime Sour Cream
- Olive Oil
How To Make Air Fryer Mini Tacos
Brown Ground Beef: Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and swirl to coat. Place ground beef into the pan and break it up into small pieces. After 1 minute, add the taco seasoning. Continue to break up and brown the beef for 5 minutes. Pour in the Sofrito and lower heat to a simmer for 5 minutes.
Preheat the air fryer to 390 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 5 minutes. Fill the taco bowls: Add about 3 tablespoons of taco meat to the taco bowls. Top with a pinch of cheese.
Place taco bowls into the air fryer (in a single layer) and cook for 5 minutes.
Remove tacos from the air fryer. Top with shredded lettuce, Pico de Gallo, and cilantro lime sour cream. Garnish with cilantro, and enjoy!
What To Put In A Taco Bowl:
There are so many options that the possibilities are endless. Today, I used a simple ground beef mixture (classic tacos), but you can really make a huge variety of these. Some great ideas are:
- Cheese: Use Cheddar, Mexican, or grated Sharp Cheese.
- Sour Cream: You can use homemade sour cream, cilantro-lime sour cream, or anything you like.
- Vegetables: Use sliced avocados, diced fresh tomatoes, lime zest, etc.
- Rice: Use a copycat version of Chipotle’s Cilantro and Lime Rice
Turn it into Meal Prep!
These are amazing for meal prepping with your air fryer.
Make all of your fillings, brown your meat on the weekends, and then all you need to do is reheat when you are ready to eat your Air Fryer Mini Taco Bowls.
You can even cut your vegetables. Just remember to keep them in an airtight container until ready to use.
How to Store Taco Bowls
Since you are crisping up the taco bowls, I would only suggest making as many as you can eat.
Since they only take a few minutes to crisp up, make them as you go. If you need more, add more to the air fryer basket.
How to Reheat Mini Tacos In Air Fryer
If you made too many, place them into an airtight container, then reheat them in either the microwave or place them back into the air fryer for a couple of minutes at 300 degrees F, air fryer setting, until heated.
You may want to add some fresh toppings after you reheat for the best results.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- AIR FRYER STEAK FAJITAS
- FROZEN BEEF AND BROCCOLI IN AIR FRYER
- AIR FRYER QUARTER POUNDER WITH CHEESE
- AIR FRYER PATTY MELT
Air Fryer Mini Taco Bowls
- 1 cup Iceberg Lettuce, Shredded
- ½ cup Mexican Cheese, Shredded
- 1 lb Ground Beef, Lean
- ¼ cup sofrito
- 2 boxes mini taco bowls, 12 bowls per box
- Pico de gallo, or salsa of choice
- Cilantro, garnish, fresh
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 cup Cilantro-Lime Sour Cream
- Brown Ground Beef. Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add 1 tbsp of olive oil and swirl to coat. Place ground beef into the pan and break it up into small pieces. After 1 minute, add the taco seasoning. Continue to break up and brown the beef for 5 minutes. Pour in the sofrito and lower heat to a simmer for 5 minutes.
- Preheat the air fryer to 390 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- Fill taco bowls. Add about 3 tbsp of taco meat to the taco bowls. Top with a pinch of cheese.
- Place taco bowls into the air fryer (in a single layer) and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove tacos from the air fryer. Top with shredded lettuce, pico de gallo, and cilantro lime sour cream.
- Garnish with cilantro, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray
- Parchment Paper, optional