Ninja Foodi Grilled Shrimp –Ninja Foodi Grilled Shrimp is a mouthwatering dish that’s incredibly easy to prepare.
This recipe combines the convenience of the Ninja Foodi Grill with the delicious flavors of perfectly grilled shrimp. The result is succulent, tender shrimp with a delightful charred exterior that’s hard to resist.
You can serve this Ninja Foodi Grilled Shrimp as an appetizer, on a salad, or as part of a seafood feast. It’s a quick, tasty, and healthy dish that will impress your taste buds and dinner guests alike.
Can you cook shrimp on the Ninja Foodi Grill?
Yes, you can definitely cook shrimp at the Ninja Foodi Grill. The Ninja Foodi Grill is a great appliance for cooking shrimp because it can quickly and evenly cook it while giving it a delicious, golden brown exterior.
This might be the best method for an easy recipe for juicy shrimp!
What do you need for Ninja Foodi Grilled Shrimp?
Savor the taste of the sea with this delectable Ninja Foodi Grilled Shrimp recipe. Whether planning a summer barbecue or a quick weeknight dinner, these succulent and perfectly grilled shrimp will steal the show.
Marinated in a blend of zesty lemon, garlic, and spices, these shrimp are a burst of flavor with every bite. So fire up your Ninja Foodi Grill, and let’s dive into making this irresistible seafood delight
Remember the step-by-step directions are below in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page, as well as the nutritional information.
- Raw Shrimp: Choose large, deveined, and peeled shrimp for convenience. You can use fresh or thawed frozen shrimp.
- Melted Butter or Olive Oil: Olive oil is used for marinating the shrimp, adding flavor, and preventing sticking to the grill.
- Garlic: Fresh minced garlic brings a wonderful savory depth to the marinade.
- Lemon Juice: Freshly squeezed lemon juice adds a bright, zesty kick to the shrimp.
- Paprika: Paprika lends a subtle smoky flavor and a hint of spiciness to the shrimp.
- Cayenne Pepper: For those who enjoy some heat, cayenne pepper provides a little kick to the marinade.
- Salt and Pepper: These seasonings are essential for enhancing the overall flavor of the shrimp.
- Wooden Skewers: For wooden skewers, soak them in water for about 30 minutes before threading the shrimp to prevent burning on the grill.
- Fresh Herbs (optional): Garnish with chopped fresh herbs like parsley or cilantro for freshness and color.
How To Cook Shrimp On The Ninja Foodi Grill
Grilled shrimp is a delightful dish that’s quick to prepare and flavorful. Whether hosting a barbecue or simply craving a tasty seafood dinner, cooking shrimp on the Ninja Foodi Grill is a fantastic choice.
With the right marinade and grill settings, you can achieve amazing flavor; this is the perfect recipe to cook your shrimp. Let’s dive into the simple steps to make this mouthwatering dish right on your Ninja Foodi Grill
Preheat your Ninja Foodi Grill to high heat (around 450 degrees F/230°C).
In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, minced garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice, paprika, salt, and black pepper. Mix well to create a flavorful marinade.
Add the peeled and deveined shrimp to the marinade, ensuring they are well-coated. Let them marinate for about 10-15 minutes to absorb the flavors.
If you’re using wooden skewers, thread the marinated shrimp onto the skewers, leaving a small gap between each shrimp to ensure even cooking.
Once the grill is preheated, place the shrimp skewers directly onto the grill grates or in the grill basket if you prefer. Place the shrimp in a single layer.
Set the cooking time for 2-3 minutes on each side or until they turn pink and opaque. Be careful not to overcook, as shrimp can become rubbery if left on the grill for too long.
Remove the grilled shrimp from the Ninja Foodi Grill and let them rest for a minute before serving
Cooking Tips for Making Ninja Foodi Grilled Shrimp
Grilling shrimp at the Ninja Foodi Grill is a breeze, and these tips will help you achieve perfectly grilled, flavorful shrimp every time:
- Choose the Right Shrimp: Opt for large shrimp or jumbo shrimp, as they are meatier and hold up better on the grill. You can use fresh or thawed frozen shrimp. Smaller shrimp tends to dry out, as the shrimp cooks.
- Devein and Peel: Before marinating or seasoning, devein and peel the shrimp. Leave the tails on for easy handling.
- Marinate for Flavor: Marinating the shrimp adds depth and flavor. Consider using olive oil, minced garlic, cajun seasoning, lemon juice, herbs, old bay seasoning, BBQ sauce, and spices. Allow them to marinate for at least 15 minutes or longer for a more flavorful infusion.
- Preheat the Grill: Preheat your Ninja Foodi Grill on the high grill setting for 10 minutes. A hot grill grate ensures quick and even cooking.
- Skewer or Use a Grill Basket: To prevent shrimp from falling through the grates, use skewers or a grill basket. If using skewers, soak wooden skewers in water for about 30 minutes before threading the shrimp to prevent them from burning.
- Brush with Oil: Before grilling, lightly brush the shrimp with oil to prevent sticking and promote that beautiful grilled crust.
- Grill Quickly: Shrimp cook quickly, typically with a coko time of 2-3 minutes per side. Avoid overcooking, as they can become rubbery.
- Grill Marks: For those appealing grill marks, rotate the shrimp halfway through cooking to achieve an even sear.
- Use a Thermometer: If you’re uncertain about the doneness, you can use an instant-read thermometer to ensure the internal temperature reaches 145°F (63°C).
- Serve Right Away: Shrimp tastes best when served immediately, so have your side dishes ready.
With these tips, you’ll master the art of grilling shrimp on the Ninja Foodi Grill and enjoy delicious, succulent results every time.
How To Serve Grilled Shrimp
Grilled shrimp can be served in various ways, depending on your preference and the occasion. Here are some ideas:
- As an appetizer: Grilled shrimp is excellent for parties and gatherings. Serve them with a dipping sauce, such as cocktail sauce or garlic butter, and some lemon wedges on the side.
- In a salad: Add grilled shrimp to a salad for a delicious and filling meal. You can use a variety of greens and vegetables and dress the salad with a simple vinaigrette or creamy dressing. For an easy recipe,e make shrimp skewers and serve them over a salad.
- In a pasta dish: Toss grilled shrimp with cooked pasta, garlic, olive oil, and your favorite herbs for a simple and flavorful pasta dish. You can add vegetables, such as cherry tomatoes or bell peppers, to the pasta for added nutrition and flavor.
- As a taco filling: Grill some shrimp and serve them in soft or crispy shrimp tacos with avocado, salsa, and shredded lettuce for a tasty and easy-to-make meal.
- With rice and vegetables: Serve grilled shrimp with steamed rice and sautéed or roasted vegetables, such as asparagus, zucchini, or broccoli, for a healthy and satisfying meal.
No matter how you serve grilled shrimp, enjoy them while they are still warm and juicy for the best taste and texture.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use frozen shrimp on the Ninja Foodi Grill?
While it’s best to thaw shrimp before grilling for even cooking, you can grill frozen shrimp. Just be mindful of the cooking time, as frozen shrimp may take a bit longer to cook.
How do I prevent shrimp from sticking to the grill grates? To prevent sticking, make sure your grill grates are well-oiled before placing the shrimp. You can also brush the shrimp with a light coat of oil before grilling.
How do I prevent the shrimp from sticking to the grill grates?
To prevent the shrimp from sticking to the grill, make sure to preheat the grill and brush the grilling grate with oil before placing the shrimp on it. You can also use non-stick cooking spray to help prevent sticking.
How do I know when the shrimp are done?
Shrimp are done when they turn pink and opaque. Cook for about 2-3 minutes per side. You can also use an instant-read thermometer to check that the internal temperature reaches 145°F (63°C).
Can I grill shrimp with the shells on?
Yes, you can grill shrimp with the shells on, but they may take longer to cook. Make sure to clean the shrimp thoroughly before grilling, and use kitchen shears to cut down the back of the shell to make it easier to remove before eating.
Can I grill other seafood on the Ninja Foodi Grill?
Absolutely! The Ninja Foodi Grill is versatile and can grill various seafood, including fish fillets, scallops, and lobster tails.
More Ninja Foodi Grill Recipes
Ninja Foodi Grill Shrimp
- 1 pound shrimp, raw
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 poblano pepper, sliced
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon seasonings
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the sliced poblano peppers, diced red onions, and olive oil. Mix well, so all of the peppers/onions are coated.
- Turn the Ninja Foodi Grilli on, press the Grill Function, allow the air fryer to preheat, and then add the peppers. Set the timer for 5 minutes, mixing about halfway during the grilling process.
- Mix your shrimp with seasonings, and then toss on top of the pepper and onion, grilling for another 5-7 minutes.
- Fill your tortilla and top it with your favorite toppings.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Ninja Foodi Grill