Everyone uses ground beef, at least once per week in their cooking, I thought it was a great time to talk about how to purchase ground beef, what to look for, and some pointers.
- Ground beef is actually a combination of beef cuts. It usually is a combination of chuck, round, and sirloin. Some labels, at the grocery store, may include the cut of meat that is ground.
- Always purchase ground meat that is bright red. You can tell older ground meat by the color, if it is brown or gray, do not purchase it, as it indicates that it is older.
- For huge savings purchase a family pack of ground beef and then freeze some of the meat for later.
- Look for a tightly wrapped package of meat, avoid a package with loose plastic wrap or a tear.
Here are some guides for purchasing ground beef due to leanness:
- Not less than 73% lean-This is normal just labeled ground beef. This meat is good for chilis, soups, sloppy joes, and pizzas.
- Not less than 80% lean-This meat is used best in meat loves, meatballs and hamburgers
- Not less than 85% lean-This is best used in casseroles
The most important thing to remember when using ground meat is that it is very versatile.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Check Out This Book, everything to get you started and SUCCESSFUL in Air Frying.
DON’T FORGET TO PIN–
Air Fryer, Easy Air Fryer Tacos
This is such an easy way to get Tacos on the table, my kids loved making their own tacos, using a taco bar station, I set up.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 10
- Total Time: 20
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: Mexican
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, diced
- flour or corn tortillas
- Optional: diced tomatoes, sour cream, sliced olives, etc.
- Break up your ground beef and place it in an air fryer safe pan, mix in the taco seasoning.
- Place in your air fryer and set the temperature to 400 degrees F. for 5 minutes after 5 minutes check your beef to see if it was cooked, all the way through, mine was so I removed, if it is not, mix and add another few minutes.
- Drain the fat, before making tacos with the meat. (if needed)
- Lay down a tortilla, (you can heat it up in the microwave or air fryer), then add a few scoops of taco meat, top with cilantro slaw (see the instructions in the notes below), then garnish with diced tomatoes, sour cream, sliced olives, cilantro, etc.
To make the cilantro slaw:
Mix together the cabbage slaw, diced garlic, lime juice, red onion, diced cilantro, and olive oil.
Keywords: can you cook ground beef in an air fryer can you brown ground beef in an air fryer air fryer taco meat air fryer ground beef recipes air fryer stuffed burgers air fryer hamburger recipes frozen hamburger in air fryer air fryer meatloaf