There is nothing better for lunch or dinner than a creamy bowl of Air Fryer Macaroni & Cheese, perfectly cooked in the Air Fryer!
If you are looking for great Air Fryer Side dishes that you can prepare in the Air Fryer, this is one of my favorites, and it does beautifully in the air fryer!
Is there any better comfort food than Macaroni and Cheese? My kids have always loved it, and I love a great Copycat Recipe for Kraft Mac & Cheese, made in the Instant Pot.
But then everyone asked me if I could make Marconi and cheese in the air fryer, and after a few attempts, I came up with the perfect recipe!
If you are looking for even more easy Air Fryer Side Dish Recipes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER WEIGHT WATCHERS RED POTATO RECIPE, LOADED NINJA FOODI POTATOES, AIR FRYER GARLIC BUTTER HASSELBACK POTATOES, and AIR FRYER SPICY FRENCH FRIES.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Macaroni & Cheese
- Elbow Macaroni
- Heavy Cream
- Sharp Cheddar cheese
- Dry Mustard
- Black Pepper
- Garlic Powder
How To Make Air Fryer Macaroni & Cheese
For the full recipe, make sure you scroll down to the recipe card below, but here is a brief overview of how to make Air Fryer Macaroni & Cheese
In a large bowl, mix the macaroni, water, heavy cream, about 3/4 of the cheese, dry mustard, salt, black pepper, and garlic powder. Mix well to combine.
Pour the mixture into an air-fryer-safe pan. Set the pan into the air fryer, set the temperature to 360 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 15-20 minutes.
When the macaroni and cheese is about halfway done cooking, stir in the rest of the cheese.
Remove and let cool, slightly before serving.
Can you cook Stouffer’s mac and cheese in an air fryer?
This is one of the most requested questions I get asked, and you can actually cook frozen macaroni and cheese in the Air Fryer.
To Do It Correctly: Remove the frozen pasta, and put it in an air fryer safe pan, and heat at 300 degrees F, air fryer setting for about 3 to 5 minutes, mix well, and continue to cook, and stirring until fully cooked.
Some Pro Tips For Making The Best Batch Of Air Fryer Macaroni & Cheese
- While today, I used shredded sharp cheese, you can really use any of your favorite cheese.
- Stir a few times during the cooking process, so that everything cooks up evenly.
- Adding cheese, when it’s halfway done really creates a creamy macaroni and cheese. You can also sprinkles some cheese on top.
- This recipe will work in any air fryer, I have made the same recipe in my Instant Pot Vortex, Ninja Foodi, and Instant Pot Crisp Lid. The timing will be about 2 to 3 minutes different.
What do I serve with this Air Fryer Mac & Cheese?
You can serve this with anything from a garden salad, to a hot up of soup. My kids are huge fans of Air Fryer Grilled Cheese & Macaroni and Cheese!
Some Great Ways To Change Up Air Fryer Macaroni & Cheese
While everyone loves a classic recipe for Macaroni and Cheese, there are so many ways to spice it up. Here are some of my family’s favorites:
- Sliced Hot Dogs
- Can of Tuna
- Cup of Fresh or Frozen Peas
- Diced Cooked Ham
Some Other Great & Easy Air Fryer Side Dishes-
- AIR FRYER SWEET POTATO CHIPS
- AIR FRYER SYRACUSE SALTED POTATOES
- BREAKFAST POTATOES IN THE AIR FRYER
- AIR FRYER LOADED POTATO SKINS
- AIR FRYER CHEESY HASSELBACK POTATOES
- 1 1/2 cup elbow, or small macaroni
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large bowl, mix the macaroni, water, heavy cream, about 3/4 of the cheese, dry mustard, salt, black pepper, and garlic powder. Mix well to combine.
- Pour the mixture into an air-fryer-safe pan. Set the pan into the air fryer, set the temperature to 360 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 15-20 minutes.
- When the macaroni and cheese is about halfway done cooking, stir in the rest of the cheese.
- Remove and let cool, slightly before serving.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 386Total Fat: 30gSaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 90mgSodium: 641mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 17g