Looking for a new and delicious way to enjoy your air fryer? Try this Air Fryer Grilled Panzanella Salad! This salad is packed with flavor and perfect for a summer meal. Plus, it’s easy to prepare so that you can have a delicious dinner on the table in no time. Don’t wait – give this recipe a try today!
I really wanted to give you a great salad with summer coming so that you could add some grilled (or air-fried) protein on top and get a fabulous salad. One of my favorites is Air Fryer Grilled Panzanella Salad.
Panzanella Salads are excellent. You get all of a salad’s flavors with homemade crusty bread (think homemade croutons). It’s usually served with a light and easy vinaigrette dressing. Once you have this salad, you will be in love; this will become one of your favorite summer dishes.
If you are looking for other great and easy summer-inspired recipes, here are some of my favorites, AIR FRYER CHEESY BROCCOLI, AND RICE
What is Panzanella?
If you have ever gone to a Tuscan Italian restaurant, they probably had an offering of Panzanella Salad. It really refers to a recipe for tomatoes and bread—two of the most important staples in a traditional Italian household (besides pasta).
Panzanella combines two words in Italian: Pane (bread) and zanella (soup bowl). So loosely translated, it means a bread bowl.
In a traditional Panzallea salad, you have the most common ingredients: crusty bread, tomatoes, onions, fresh basil, cucumbers, and olives, and then tossed with an easy homemade salad dressing.
Air Fryer Grilled Panzanella Salad
Summertime is the perfect time to get outdoors and enjoy all of the delicious food that comes with it. This Grilled Panzanella Salad is a great way to take advantage of summer produce while using your air fryer. The salad is easy to make and can be tailored to your liking. So, gather your ingredients and fire up your air fryer – it’s time to enjoy a tasty salad!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Grilled Panzanella Salad
Panzanella salad is a classic Italian dish that usually consists of bread, tomatoes, and fresh herbs. But sometimes it can be a little bit boring. Luckily, the air fryer can help turn this Classic Italian dish into an irresistible Grilled Panzanella Salad! Keep reading to find out what ingredients you’ll need for this delicious salad.
- Crusty Bread
- Red Onions
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Olive Oil
- Minced Garlic
- Salt & Black Pepper
How To Make Air Fryer Grilled Panzanella Salad
Start by making the bread croutons. Cut the baguette in half, and then brush the bread with olive oil, salt, and black pepper. Set the bread into the air fryer for 4-5 minutes at 350 degrees F, air fryer setting. Just long enough that the bread is toasted.
While the bread is toasting up, make the vinegarette add the olive oil, red wine vinegar, minced garlic, salt, and black pepper, and mix well.
Then when the bread is done, let it rest before you cut it up. Cut it up into about 1-inch pieces.
Cut the tomatoes in half, dice up the olives, slice the red onions, and cut the cucumber. In a large bowl, mix the tomatoes, olives, and red onions, and toss in the cut bread. Then drizzle with the homemade vinegarette.
Toss the salad before serving.
What to Serve with Panzanella Salad?
This is a great dish to serve with anything; I usually pair this off with a simple protein; here are some of my favorites:
- AIR FRYER PARMESAN RANCH CHICKEN TENDERS
- AIR FRYER CHICKEN PARMESAN
- EASY AIR FRYER, PANKO CRUSTED FRIED HADDOCK
- AIR FRYER FISH RECIPE (AIR FRYER TILAPIA)
Air Fryer Grilled Panzanella Salad
- 1 Baguette
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 English or Persian Cucumbers
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 cup pitted olives
- 8 ounces grape tomatoes
- 1/8 cup diced red onions
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Start by making the bread croutons. Cut the baguette in half, and then brush the bread with olive oil, salt, and black pepper. Set the bread into the air fryer for 4-5 minutes at 350 degrees F, air fryer setting. Just long enough that the bread is toasted.
- While the bread is toasting up, make the vinegarette add the olive oil, red wine vinegar, minced garlic, salt, and black pepper, mix well.
- Then when the bread is done, let it rest before you cut it up. Cut it up into about 1-inch pieces.
- Cut the tomatoes in half, dice up the olives, slice the red onions, and cut the cucumber. In a large bowl, mix the tomatoes, olives, red onions, toss in the cut bread. Then drizzle with the homemade vinegarette.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray
- Parchment Paper