Do you love air fryer recipes as much as I do? If so, this cheesy broccoli and rice is going to be your new favorite! It’s simple to make and perfect for any night of the week. Plus, the cheese makes it extra delicious. Give it a try today!
Air Fryer Cheesy Broccoli and Rice (Air Fryer Broccoli Casserole) is the perfect air fryer side dish. This dish goes with everything, from a simple air fryer hamburger to a simple breaded chicken breast dinner.
If you love a great rice dish with a baked creamy sauce loaded with fresh broccoli, this is the dish for you. I happened to love savory side dishes. If you have picky kids, this is a great dish to encourage them to eat their vegetables.
Today, I used regular white rice that was leftover from my Sweet and Sour Chicken dinner. I had some fresh broccoli florets in the refrigerator and thought, why not? I am always looking for ways to stretch my grocery dollar.
Air Fryer Cheesy Broccoli and Rice
I don’t know about you, but I could definitely go for some cheesy broccoli and rice right now. And I happen to know just the appliance to make it in—an air fryer! This recipe will show you how to make a quick and easy version of this classic casserole dish that’s perfect for any time of day. So get your air fryer prepped and ready because we’re about to cook up some deliciousness.
The ingredients for this dish are simple; I want to mention that if you are looking to substitute white rice for brown rice, that will totally work in this recipe. I would recommend using fresh broccoli since frozen broccoli with ends up being too watery for this dish.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Cheesy Broccoli and Rice
- Cooked Rice: The rice must be cooked.
- Fresh Broccoli Florets: Frozen will make this casserole dish too watery.
- Cream of Cheddar Cheese Soup-You can also use cream of mushroom soup.
- Seasonings and Spices: Onion Powder, Salt, and Black Pepper
How To Make Air Fryer Cheesy Broccoli and Rice
Start by steaming the broccoli. You can either do this in a saucepan or in the microwave. I added the diced broccoli florets to a microwave bowl and added 3 tablespoons of water. Set the broccoli into the microwave for 4 to 6 minutes.
Once the broccoli is steamed, mix the broccoli with the cooked rice, and mix in the onion powder, salt, and black pepper. Then mix in the cheddar cheese soup. Mix well, so all of the rice is covered.
Layout four pieces of aluminum foil and spray them with cooking spray. Then scoop the rice broccoli mixture onto the prepared aluminum foil. Fold up the foil packets, and pinch the ends of the foil pocket together. Place the packets into the air fryer at 330 degrees F for 5 to 8 minutes.
Does The Rice Need To Be Cooked?
Yes, you can use any cooked rice that you want for this recipe. I have made it with white rice, Knorr Cheddar Broccoli Rice, and even using my Instant Pot Chicken Broccoli Rice. The recipe will work the same.
This is a great way to spruce up plain old rice.
How To Prep Ahead Of Time
This is a great recipe if you are bringing air frying camping, and you can easily make your rice packets ahead of time. Prepare them, as directed below, and then place them into the refrigerator.
When you are ready to cook them, place them into the air fryer. Add a couple of minutes to the cooking time, since they are cold.
How To Store Broccoli and Rice
Let the rice cool to room temperature, then place the leftovers into a plastic resealable bag. Place the bag into the refrigerator. The rice will last about two days.
To Reheat: To reheat the leftover rice, place the leftover broccoli and cheese rice into a foil packet, and then place it in the air fryer basket. Set the temperature to 340 degrees F for 5 to 8 minutes.
Check to make sure that the rice is hot, before removing it.
More Air Fryer Recipes:
Looking for even more easy air fryer recipes, some of my favorites are below. They make for amazing side dishes, that the entire family will love!
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Air Fryer Cheesy Broccoli and Rice
- 2 cups rice, must be cooked
- 1 cup broccoli florets, fresh
- 21 ounces Cream of Cheddar Soup
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Start by steaming the broccoli. You can either do this in a saucepan or the microwave. I added the diced broccoli florets to a microwave bowl and added 3 tablespoons of water. Set the broccoli into the microwave for 4 to 6 minutes.
- Once the broccoli is steamed, mix the broccoli with the rice, and mix in the onion powder, salt, and black pepper. Then mix in the cheddar cheese soup.
- Mix well, so all of the rice is covered.
- Layout four pieces of aluminum foil spray them with cooking spray.
- Then scoop the rice broccoli mixture onto the prepared aluminum foil.
- Fold up the foil packets, and pinch the ends of the foil pocket together.
- Place the packets into the air fryer at 330 degrees F for 5 to 8 minutes.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer
- Aluminum Foil