Yummy! How about some Air Fryer, Chinese Take Out Sweet and Sour Chicken
Here is a great recipe, which is a twist on a basic air fried chicken dish, before I had my air fryer, I would use the grill to make all of my chicken dishes, and my kids loved it so, I decided to try it in the air fryer. You know what, I think chicken does better in the air fryer than on the grill.
There is a great secret to your chicken, so if you have been coming up with chicken that is dried or with white spots. The secret, which most experience air fryer people would tell you is to spray, spray and spray your chicken. Always, spray your chicken before and after you flip your chicken. This will ensure a moist and delicious chicken dish.
This chicken was a huge hit with my kids, and it was an easy meal. And isn’t it easy, when the entire family east the same meal?
This chicken dish can be made ahead of time, just cover it with aluminum foil, depending on how long dinner is, from the time you make it until you eat it. If it’s a long time, remember to keep it in the refrigerator, until ready to eat.
Here are some tips for air frying chicken:
- Seasoning your chicken is important.
- Most chicken dishes can be rubbed and then set into the refrigerator ahead of time. So, when you come home from work/errands/kids, etc., you can just place it in the air fryer, spray it with olive oil spray and air fryer.
- Spraying the chicken with olive oil spray is one of the keys. I spray the heck of out of, and I always get no white spots and tender (way juicy) chicken.
- Always flip the chicken halfway, and then spray again. This way both sides are nice, light and tender.
- Because eating uncooked chicken is unhealthy and can you sick, invest in a meat thermometer.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
- Instant Pot Vortex Air FryerJ.A. Henckels 6-Inch High Carbon Stainless Steel Chef’s Kitchen Knife Stainless Steel Measuring Cups, 5 Piece SetHudson Essentials Stainless Steel Measuring Cups Set-6 Piece Stackable Set with SpoutAnchor Glass Measuring Set–This is one of the handiest tools in the Kitchen
Don’t Forget to Pin—
This is a great and classic Chinese Food pleaser, my kids love ordering these from the Chinese restaurant. They make a great light lunch, serve along your favorite dipping sauce, or make homemade sweet and sour sauce.
- 2 pounds boneless breast of chicken
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon five spice
Start by cutting the chicken into 1-inch pieces
Once you finished chopping the chicken, move on to make the dipping stations.
In one bowl mix the cornstarch, salt, pepper, and five-spice, mix well.
In another bowl beat the egg, and add the sesame oil, mix until well incorporated.
Spray the basket with olive oil spray.
Dip the chicken into the cornstarch mixture. Then into the egg mixture and then back into the cornstarch mixture.
As you batter them place them in your air fryer basket. Spray very generously with olive oil spray. Set the temperature to 370 degrees for 5 minutes, after 5 minutes flip and spray with olive oil (completely covering them, so the batter gets crispy) Air fry for another 5 minutes.
Serve with your favorite sweet and sour sauce and enjoy!