There is something amazing about a plate of air fryer roasted snow peas. And they are so simple to make. My kids love them as a quick snack, and they make an amazing side dish. And if you are following a low-carb or keto-friendly diet, they are perfect for you!
Air Fryer Snow Peas are amazing! If you are looking for a great Air Fryer Roasted Vegetables, this is one of my favorites.
The spring is all about green, so why not make a quick batch in your Air Fryer? Everyone loves snow peas, and if you are looking for a speedy but healthy vegetable dish for your next meal, pick up a few bags. And come home and roast them in your air fryer.
Today, I coated the snow peas with some olive oil, added some lemon juice, and sprinkled some lemon garlic salt. Perfect and delicious.
If you are looking for even more Air Fryer Vegetable Recipes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER CORN ON THE COB, AIR FRYER BLOOMING ONION, AIR FRYER BACON WRAPPED JALAPEÑO POPPERS and AIR FRYER BROCCOLI.
What Are Snow Peas?
I will be honest with you, I get snow peas and snap peas mixed up. To me, they look almost the same in the packages. Green long pods.
Snow peas, I found out, are also called Chinese Pea Pods. The entire pod is edible. Snow Peas are usually found in stir-fries, which is how the nickname Chinese Pea Pod got its name.
They are highly nutritious; they both are very low in calories (this would make for a great Weight Watcher’s Snack) and have a high amount of your Daily Requirement for Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, and folate.
Air Fryer Roasted Snow Peas
Snow Peas Air Fryer are amazing! They have the perfect balance of sweet and savory. Depending on what sauce you put on the snow peas.
Usually, if you are sauteing them you can put some chili garlic sauce, for an amazing flavor. Some people actually roast them in the air fryer to make snow pea chips! That is a great substitute when you are doing low-carb!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Snow Peas
- Snow Peas: Clean your snow peas, below is how to clean snow peas!
- Olive Oil: You can also use any high smoke point oil, such as avocado, coconut oil or even grapeseed oil.
- Lemon Juice: Provides some great acidity to the dish.
- Lemon & Garlic Salt: Or use your favorite seasonings.
How To Make Air Fryer Snow Peas
In a large mixing bowl, mix the Snow Peas, olive oil, lemon juice, and lemon and garlic salat. Use a pair of tongs to toss the snow peas.
Pour the snow peas into the Air Fryer Basket, and set the temperature to 350 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 6 to 10 minutes. Shake the basket frequently, so they all cook evenly.
How To Store
If you have any leftover Air Fryer Snow Peas, let them cool to room temperature, and then place them in an airtight container. Place the container into the refrigerator.
They will last between 2 to 3 days.
To Reheat: Place the leftover Air Fryer Snow Peas into the Air Fryer Basket, set the temperature to 340 degrees F, air fryer setting, and heat until warmed through.
How To Trim Snow Peas Before Cooking
Trader Joe’s and other grocery stores sell snow peas that are already trimmed and washed, but if you find yourself buying these at a grocery store, you may want to wash and trim them yourself.
Here is how to trim them:
- Start by washing your snow peas.
- Using a pair of scissors or a sharp knife trim the ends, removing the stems on both sides.
Are Snow Peas Keto?
Yes, there are only 3.1 g of net carbs per serving. This makes snow peas an excellent keto-friendly vegetable!
How To Make Air Fryer Snow Pea Chips
If you have been wondering if you can make snow pea chips in your air fryer, the answer is yes!
Prepare your snow peas as in the recipe, and then place them into the air fryer. Either use the dehydrator button or temperature of 120 degrees and cook for 5 to 8 hours. During this time, flip your snow pea chips frequently.
Remove when the chips are dried out.
Health Benefits Of Snow Peas
Snow peas are a great source of antioxidants and vitamins A, C, and K. They have anti-inflammatory properties and may help to protect against cancer. Snow peas are also a good source of dietary fiber, which can help to regulate digestion. Eat snow peas for their many health benefits!
If you are looking for even more ways to season Snow Peas, for the Air Fryer, some of my favorites are:
- Butter and Lemon
- Lemon, Sesame Oil, Sesame Seeds, Salt, and Black Pepper
- Olive Oil and Italian Seasoning, and Lemon Juice
- Coconut Oil, Soy Sauce, Sesame Oil and Sesame Seeds
What To Serve With Roasted Snow Peas
You can eat roasted air fried snow peas with anything, they go really well with any rice dish, and I often serve them ins some salads, some easy dinner options, to serve these with:
- AIR FRYER MINI TACO BOWLS
- FROZEN BEEF AND BROCCOLI IN AIR FRYER
- AIR FRYER SIRLOIN STEAK WITH PARSLEY-GARLIC SAUCE
- AIR FRYER STEAK FAJITAS
- 24 OF THE BEST AIR FRYER CHICKEN TENDERS YOU’LL EVER MAKE
- BBQ AIR FRYER CHICKEN BREAST
- AIR FRYER BUTTERMILK CHICKEN TENDERS
More Air Fryer Vegetable Recipes:
If you love this sauteed snow peas recipe try out some of my other air-fried vegetable recipes:
- AIR FRYER BROCCOLI
- AIR FRYER CORN ON THE COB
- Easy AIR FRYER BEET CHIPS
- AIR FRYER FROZEN VEGGIE BURGERS
- AIR FRYER CARROT FRENCH FRIES
Don’t Forget To Pin-
Air Fryer Snow Peas
- 1 pound snow peas, trimmed and washed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teapoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon and garlic salt
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the Snow Peas, olive oil, lemon juice, and lemon and garlic salat. Use a pair of tongs to toss the snow peas.
- Pour the snow peas into the Air Fryer Basket, and set the temperature to 350 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 6 to 10 minutes. Shake the basket frequently, so they all cook evenly.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
- Air Fryer