Crispy Air Fryer Beet Chips — Introducing the delightful world of Crispy Air Fryer Beet Chips! 🍠✨ If you’re looking for a healthier alternative to satisfy your chip cravings, you’re in for a treat.
These homemade beet chips are vibrant, visually appealing, and a crunchy, guilt-free snack that’s incredibly easy to make in your air fryer. Get ready to embark on a flavorful journey that combines the earthy sweetness of beets with the satisfying crispiness of chips. Let’s dive into this nutritious and delicious snack adventure! 🌱🤩
What Are Beet Chips
Beet chips are thin slices of beets that are seasoned and roasted or air-fried until they become crispy. These chips offer a delicious combination of earthy sweetness from the beets and a satisfying crunch, making them a popular and healthier alternative to traditional potato chips.
They can be seasoned with herbs and spices to enhance flavor and are often enjoyed as nutritious and colorful snacks. Beet chips are a delightful choice whether you’re looking for a guilt-free munch or a unique side dish.
If you’re looking for even more Fruit or Vegetable Snacks, be sure to check out my AIR FRYER APPLE CHIPS, AIR FRYER PLANTAINS, AIR FRYER BROILED BROWN SUGAR GRAPEFRUIT, of course, my recipe for ROASTED CHICKPEAS!
Are Beet Chips Good For You?
Beetroot chips are a great snack as they are full of nutrients. Beets are not the lowest in carbs but are high in vitamin C and considered nutrient-rich vegetables.
Beets are a root vegetable with many health benefits; making them home helps avoid preservatives, like some bags you buy in-store.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
You’ll love this recipe for beet chips in the air fryer because it combines the natural sweetness of beets with a crispy and satisfying texture. Here are a few reasons why this recipe is a hit:
- Healthier Snack: Beet chips are a nutritious snack option. Beets are packed with vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, making them a wholesome choice for snacking.
- Crispy Perfection: The air fryer ensures your beet chips are perfectly crispy without excessive oil. They have that delightful crunch you crave in a chip.
- Customizable Seasoning: You can season your beet chips to your liking. Whether you prefer a classic touch with salt and pepper or want to experiment with various spices and herbs, the choice is yours.
- Vibrant Color: Beet chips are visually appealing due to their vibrant red or purple hue. They’ll add color to your snack bowl or dinner table.
- Simple Preparation: This recipe is straightforward and requires minimal ingredients. It’s an excellent way to enjoy homemade chips without the hassle of deep-frying.
These beet chips are a tasty, guilt-free snack that’s fun to make and even more enjoyable to eat. Whether you’re snacking solo or serving them as a side, they will surely be a hit!
What Kind of Beets Should I Use?
Red beets are the most commonly used. They have a vibrant color and a slightly earthy flavor that many people enjoy. However, you can also experiment with other varieties of beets, such as golden beets or Chioggia beets, which have a milder and sweeter flavor. The cooking process and instructions remain the same regardless of the beet variety.
Can I Use Canned Beets?
Yes, canned beets make this recipe quick and easy; the result is delicious and crispy. So give it a try today – your taste buds will thank you! The recipe will remain the same, but remember to drain the beets well first. I have also made these using Love Beets or Trader Joe’s Refrigerated Beets.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Beet Chips
Creating crispy and flavorful Air Fryer Beet Chips is easier than you might think, and you’ll only need a handful of simple ingredients to transform fresh beets into a delicious and wholesome snack.
With a touch of olive oil, a sprinkle of salt, and a dash of black pepper, you can enjoy the natural sweetness and crunch of beets in chip form. It’s a delightful and nutritious alternative to store-bought potato chips you’ll love munching on.
Remember the step-by-step directions and detailed ingredient list below, in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post, as well as the nutritional information.
- Raw Beets: Fresh beets are the star of this recipe. They should be washed, peeled, and thinly sliced to create the chips.
- Olive Oil: A small amount of olive oil coats the beet slices. It helps in achieving that crispy texture when air frying.
- Kosher Salt: Salt enhances the flavor of the beet chips and provides that savory contrast to the natural sweetness of the beets.
- Black Pepper: Black pepper adds a touch of spiciness and complements the overall flavor profile. It’s optional but recommended for extra flavor.
- Optional Seasonings: You can get creative with seasonings. Add herbs like rosemary or thyme or spices like paprika or garlic powder to customize the taste.
These simple ingredients create a delightful and healthy snack or wonderful side dish perfect for munching any time of the day.
How To Make Beet Chips In Air Fryer
Making homemade beet chips in the air fryer is a breeze, resulting in a crunchy, nutritious snack perfect for munching. Here’s how to do it:
Step 1: Prepare the beets
Start by selecting fresh beetroot. Wash and peel them to remove any dirt or skin. Thinly slice the beets into rounds using a sharp knife or mandoline slicer. Aim for uniform thickness to ensure even cooking.
Season the Beet Slices: In a large bowl, drizzle the beet slices with a small amount of olive oil, just enough to lightly coat them—season with salt and pepper to taste. You can add other seasonings like garlic powder, paprika, or dried herbs for extra flavor if desired.
Toss and Coat: Gently toss the beet slices to ensure they are evenly coated with the oil and seasonings. This step helps each chip get crispy and flavorful.
Step 2: Air fry
Spread the coated beet chips in the air fryer tray or basket. Set the temperature to 310 degrees F for 10 minutes, and flip the beets with tongs every 3 minutes.
When the timer goes off, remove the air fryer beet chips from the basket and allow them to cool before enjoying.
Step 3: Serving
Check for Doneness: Beet chips are ready when they turn crispy and slightly browned around the edges. They should also be dry to the touch. If they’re not quite crispy enough, you can continue cooking for an additional few minutes.
Cool and Serve: Remove the beet chips from the air fryer and let them cool on a wire rack. They will continue to crisp up as they cool down. Once cooled, enjoy your homemade beet chips as a tasty and nutritious snack!
These Air Fryer Beet Chips are a healthier alternative to traditional potato chips, and they’re perfect for satisfying your snack cravings. Plus, they’re a great way to enjoy the natural sweetness and vibrant color of beets in chip form.
While basic salted and peppered beet chips are delicious, you can get creative and try various flavor variations to customize your air fryer beet chips. Here are some tasty recipe variations to explore:
- Parmesan Herb Beet Chips: After tossing the beet slices with oil, season them with grated Parmesan cheese, dried Italian herbs, and a pinch of garlic powder. The result is a savory and cheesy beet chip with a hint of herbaceous goodness.
- Spicy Beet Chips: If you like a little heat, add some chili powder, cayenne pepper, or smoked paprika to the seasoning mix. These spices will give your beet chips a spicy kick that pairs perfectly with the natural sweetness of the beets.
- Rosemary and Sea Salt Beet Chips: Elevate the flavor of your beet chips by adding fresh rosemary leaves and a sprinkle of sea salt before air frying. The combination of earthy rosemary and the crunch of sea salt creates a delightful contrast.
- Lemon Pepper Beet Chips: Zest up your beet chips by incorporating lemon zest and cracked black pepper into the seasoning. The citrusy brightness of lemon complements the earthiness of the beets.
- Cinnamon and Sugar Beet Chips: For a sweet twist, dust your beet chips with a mixture of ground cinnamon and granulated sugar before air frying. These sweet beet chips make for a unique and satisfying dessert or snack.
- Balsamic Glaze Beet Chips: Drizzle your beet chips with a balsamic glaze after air frying. The tangy and slightly sweet glaze adds depth and richness to the flavor of the beet chips.
- Sesame Soy Beet Chips: Create an Asian-inspired flavor by mixing sesame oil and soy sauce into your beet slices before air frying. The combination of nutty sesame and savory soy creates a delightful umami taste.
Feel free to experiment with different seasoning combinations to find your favorite flavor profile for air fryer beet chips. With these variations, you can enjoy a variety of delicious and wholesome snacks.
Pro Tips Delicious Air Fryer Beet Chips
To ensure your air fryer beet chips turn out perfectly crispy and delicious, here are some pro tips to keep in mind:
- Choose Fresh Beets: Start with fresh beets that are firm and free from blemishes. The fresher the beets, the better the flavor and texture of your chips. You can use red beets, golden beets, and any raw beet will work.
- Uniform Slicing: For consistent cooking, slice the beets into thin, even rounds. You can use a mandolin slicer or a sharp knife to achieve uniform slices.
- Thoroughly Dry the Beets: Paint the beet slices dry with paper towels after slicing. Excess moisture can hinder the crisping process, so make sure they are as dry as possible.
- Evenly Coat with Oil: Toss the beet slices with a small amount of oil to ensure even cooking and crispiness. Too much oil can make them greasy, so use it sparingly.
- Seasoning Is Key: Season the beet slices generously with your chosen seasonings. Don’t be afraid to experiment with different flavors to find your favorite.
- Avoid Overcrowding: Arrange the beet slices in a single layer in the air fryer basket, ensuring they don’t overlap. Overcrowding can lead to uneven cooking.
- Check and Shake: It’s essential to check on the chips and shake the basket or flip them halfway through the cooking time. This ensures even browning.
- Monitor Cooking Time: Keep a close eye on the chips in the last few minutes of cooking. They can go from perfectly crispy to burnt quickly, so be vigilant.
- Cool Before Serving: Allow the beet chips to cool for a few minutes after cooking. They will continue to crisp up as they cool down.
- Storage: If you have leftovers, store them in an airtight container to maintain their crispiness. Reheat them in the air fryer for a few minutes to restore their crunch.
With these pro tips, you’ll master the art of making delicious air fryer beet chips that are both healthy and satisfying. Enjoy them as a guilt-free snack or a tasty side dish!
Faq’s Air Fryer Beet Chips Recipe
Can I use different seasonings for my beet chips?: Absolutely! Experiment with various seasonings to suit your taste. Common choices include sea salt, black pepper, garlic powder, paprika, or cinnamon for a sweet twist.
How do I store leftover beet chips?: Store any leftover beetroot chips in an airtight container at room temperature for a day or two. If you want to keep them crispier for longer, consider using a vacuum-sealed bag or a container with a sealing feature.
Can I prepare beet chips in advance for a party or event? Yes, you can prepare beet chips in advance. They can be made a day or two ahead and stored in an airtight container. However, for the best texture and flavor, serving them within a day is recommended.
Are beet chips a healthy snack option?A4: Yes, beet chips are nutritious. Beets are rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Baking them in an air fryer with minimal oil makes them a healthier alternative to traditional potato chips.
Can I use different types of beets for making beet chips? Yes, you can use different types of beets, including red, golden, or Chioggia (candy cane) beets, to make beet chips. Each type will have a slightly different flavor and appearance, adding variety to your snacks.
Can I make beet chips without an air fryer? While an air fryer is convenient for making beet chips, you can also bake them in a traditional oven. Follow a similar process, but be mindful of the oven temperature and cooking time to achieve the desired crispiness.
Are beet chips gluten-free and suitable for a gluten-free diet? Yes, beet chips are naturally gluten-free, making them a safe option for those with gluten sensitivities or following a gluten-free diet.
How Do You Dehydrate Beets In The Air Fryer? The best way to eat dehydrated beets in the air fryer is by cooking them at a very low temperature until they are dry enough. By the way, some air fryers have a button for dehydrating!
More Air Fryer Recipes
- AIR FRYER BOSTON BROWN BREAD
- AIR FRYER HOMEMADE PIZZA ROLLS
- AIR FRYER COPYCAT DUNKIN DONUTS MAPLE BACON CROISSANTS
- AIR FRYER SMOKED CREAM CHEESE
- AIR FRYER SUPER PRETZEL BITES
- Air Fryer Kale Chips
- Air Fryer Veggie Chips
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Chips
Beet Chips in the Air Fryer
- 2 large whole beets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons sea salt
- Start by peeling the beets.
- Use a Mandoline and cut the beets, between 1/2 and 1/3 inches thick. Add in the olive oil and salt and coat the beets.
- Spread the coated beets on the air fryer tray or in the air fryer basket.
- Set the temperature to 310 degrees for 15-25 minutes, flip the beets with tongs every 3 minutes. If they need additional time, continue air frying and flipping every three minutes until they are done. They will crisp up as they cool down.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray
- Parchment Paper, optional