here is nothing quite like a meat and potato meal. It is one of the most classic meals, you have in America.
Everyone loves potatoes! And good to know that there are hundreds of ways to cook them. Whether you want to use the Instant Pot (Pressure Cooker), air fryer or just make them in your oven, they all full of flavor. The key to a great dish is spices, you need to use lots of different spices in your potato dish until you find one that you really like on potatoes. I used to hate salt on my potatoes, but my son loves them, so one day, I let him season them. I realize that good old salt and pepper, applied in LARGE quantities, really seasoned the potatoes well, so after that, I used to add more than I usually did, and everyone complimented me on my potato dishes. So, experiment, find out what spice you like and adapt it to any potato recipe.
Another great reason for using potatoes as your side dish is that they are so budget-friendly, these are usually on sale at the grocery store, at least twice a month, so take that time and grab yourself a package/bundle. You can literally turn one package of potatoes for about $3.00 for a 5-pound bag, into about 3 dishes. So, that’s a real budget saver.
- Store potatoes in a cold, well-ventilated area.
- Never store potatoes in the refrigerator, any temperature lower than 50 degrees F, changes the texture of the potato and will affect the taste of the potato dish.
- If you do choose to store potatoes in the refrigerator, let them slowly come to room temperature, before you cook the potatoes.
- Paper bags work amazingly when you are storing potatoes
- Do not wash potatoes, before storing them.
- If your potatoes have started to sprout, do not despair, just simply cut the sprout off, they are still safe to eat.
- If your potatoes have turned green, this is due to a chemical called Solanine, which means that the potato should be discarded, note: eating them in large quantities can cause you to get ill, so it’s best to throw away.
Add the olive oil and salt (you can add any other spices too, anything you want)
Use your hands to coat the potatoes.
Lay them out on the air fryer tray or basket. Being careful not to crowd them. Set the temperature to 340 degrees F (air fryer setting) for 5 minutes.
After 5 minutes flip the sweet potatoes chip, and spray if needed (they need to be coated with olive oil) and air fry for another 5 minutes.
I did my potato chips in three batches, my kids were sprinkling them with salt and then taking a handful. (this is real life at my house, LOL)
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
DON’T FORGET TO PIN–
These are so simply to make. Serve with any type of dip. Today, I paired it up with homemade guacamole.
- 3 russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Cut the potatoes with a Madeline slicer, this one I picked up last week on Amazon.
- Put the slices of potato into a small bowl.
- Add the olive oil, and salt (other spices too, anything you want)
- Use your hands to coat the potatoes.
- Lay them out on the air fryer tray or basket. Being careful not to crowd them.
- Set the temperature to 340 degrees F (air fryer setting) for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes flip the potato chips, and spray if needed (they need to be coated with olive oil) and air fry for another 5 minutes.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: air fryer potato chips no oil quick air fryer potato chips ninja air fryer potato chips nuwave air fryer potato chips air fryer potato chips seasoning air fryer potato fries air fryer recipes cooks essentials air fryer potato chips