Air Fryer Spaghetti Squash — Your life is about to get a lot better, thanks to this easy and delicious spaghetti squash recipe. With just five ingredients (spaghetti noodles are optional), you can have an aromatic dinner in 25 minutes or less!
If you’ve never had spaghetti squash before, I highly recommend that the first time is in an air fryer. It can make even a simple meal like this one feel delicious with all those crispy edges!
This is an excellent way to perfectly roast your Air Fryer Spaghetti Squash! It is so good! And if you are following a Keto or Low-Carb Diet, you can even make spaghetti squash noodles in the Air Fryer! Oh, so good!
Some of my favorite reasons and why you will love making Air Fryer Spaghetti Squash are:
- This is one of those recipes that’ll make you feel full and light on your feet!
- Easy to prepare! Like a breeze, slice it in half and toss it into your air fryer. No need to fuss with this side dish! A perfect holiday side dish! One less thing to worry about!
- This is not your grandma’s pasta! A perfect alternative to the wheat variety, this vegetable dish will have you craving more. With a flavor-rich, roasted flavor, it’s comfort food at its finest!
- You can’t have a pasta dinner without this surprisingly versatile staple. Toss it with some roasted veggies, mix in homemade pesto sauce or alfredo for a fantastic flavor that will make any dish pop!
What Is Spaghetti Squash?
Spaghetti squash is a popular winter squash that has an unusual appearance. When cooked, the flesh of this squash becomes stringy and can be used to replace pasta in dishes like spaghetti or lasagna. This summer vegetable is low in calories but high in fiber and vitamin C! Explore our blog for more information on cooking with spaghetti squash.
How To Pick Spaghetti Squash
I want to share with you some tips on picking a spaghetti squash. You can find them in the grocery store from September through December, but they are usually available year-round at most grocery stores.
Here are some great tips for choosing an excellent spaghetti squash:
- The best way to pick one is by looking for firm, heavy fruit and make sure it doesn’t have any wrinkles or soft spots.
- Its skin color should be an even yellow shade and not too dark.
- Pick one that, when cut in half it will fit inside your air fryer.
Why Air Fry Spaghetti Squash?
What is the best way to enjoy spaghetti squash? We think it’s air-fried! Air fryers are a great way to cook without adding fat or oils. It doesn’t matter what you’re cooking, but air frying will offer uniformity and crispiness in your food.
The best part about this method is that the heat circulates the food giving it a crunchy texture on all sides. You can feel like an Iron Chef when you prepare these dishes for family and friends!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Spaghetti Squash
How To Make Air Fryer Spaghetti Squash
Cut the squash in half. Use a spoon and scoop out the seeds.
Use olive oil and coat the inside of the squash and then season with salt and pepper.
Place the squash in the air fryer. Set the temperature to 360 degrees F for 25-35 minutes (the time will depend on how big your squash is and the type of air fryer you own)
How To Store
Spaghetti squash is a great way to get your pasta fix without the extra calories. It can be stored in an airtight container for one week or frozen up until 3 months, making it perfect if you plan on cooking more than one meal with these veggies!
To Freeze: Let the spaghetti squash cool to room temperature, and then place it into a freezer bag.
Reheating: You can reheat the leftover spaghetti squash in the microwave or air fryer, heat until warmed through.
What Model Of Air Fryer Will Work For This Recipe?
This recipe will work in either an Air Fryer Basket or Air Fryer Oven Model. This recipe will also work in a specialty air fryer, such as the Ninja Foodi, Instant Pot Vortex, Instant Pot Crisp Lid, or Mealthy LId.
Remember that the larger air fryer will allow you to cook a larger Spaghetti Squash than a smaller one. But you can always cut your spaghetti squash to fit your air fryer.
How To Cook Spaghetti Squash In The Oven
If you don’t have an air fryer or even make a large spaghetti squash, you can easily follow the recipe and cook it in the oven.
Prepare the recipes as directed, place them into a preheated 400-degree oven, and cook for 40 to 45 minutes or a fork-tender.
MORE AIR FRYER VEGETABLE RECIPES:
- AIR FRYER HASSELBACK BACON AND BLEU CHEESE POTATOES
- AIR FRYER ITALIAN STUFFED MUSHROOMS
- EASY AIR FRYER ROASTED CARROTS
- AIR FRYER ACORN SQUASH
- AIR FRYER PARMESAN CRUSTED ZUCCHINI CRISPS
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the squash in half.
- Use a spoon and scoop out the seeds.
- Use olive oil and coat the inside of the squash and then season with salt and pepper.
- Place the squash in the air fryer. Set the temperature to 360 degrees F for 25-35 minutes (the time will depend on how big your squash is and the type of air fryer you own)
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 103Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 78mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 1g
ForkToSpoon.com occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although we try to attempt to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.