Air Fryer Squash (Summer Squash/Yellow Squash) is a great and healthy summer dish that you can whip up in the air fryer in minutes!
There is nothing better than a slow-roasted batch of air fryer vegetables. YOu can serve these as a side dish to any real, or you can add them to a pasta sauce. However you use them, they are fabulous!
So, this summer, as you are gathering your summer squash from the garden or the farmer’s market, and you are looking for something amazing to do with it, reach to your air fryer, and come up with an amazing tasty side dish that the entire family loves.
There is nothing better for a summer squash than roasting it since it has a very mild flavor. The posting really brings out the flavor.
If you fall in love with Air Fryer Roasted Vegetables, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER PARMESAN TOMATOES, AIR FRYER FROZEN GREEN BEANS, AIR FRYER ROASTED CANNED CARROTS, AIR FRYER MEXICAN STREET CORN ON THE COB, and AIR FRYER ZUCCHINI BROWNIES.
You’ll love this Summer Squash Air Fryer Recipe because it’s:
- Gluten-Free, KETO, Low-Carb Friendly
- Vegan and Vegetarian Dish
WHAT’S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SUMMER SQUASH AND ZUCCHINI?
This is a question I get asked a lot. The real answer, according to Wikipedia, is that summer squash is a type of squash, and zucchini is one of the types of summer squashes. The other popular ones include Cousa Squash, Pattypan Squash, Tromboncino Squash, Crookneck Squash, Straightneck Squash, and Zucchini (or Courgette) Ridge Gourd Luffa.
Zucchini and Summer Squash are almost the same, except one is green, and the other is yellow. Both of them are mild squashes, and you can change them out in recipes.
WHEN IS YELLOW SQUASH IN SEASON?
Like all summer squashes, yellow squash is in season in the summer. The peak months are June to late August. But in most of the United States, you can find squash all year round.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Squash
- Summer Squash
- Olive Oil
- Black Pepper
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Parsley or Basil
How To Make Air Fryer Summer Squash
Start by cutting your summer squash into 1/2 to 1/3 inch pieces. Then place them into a large bowl. Add the olive oil, salt, black pepper, and dried parsley or dried basil. Mix well to coat all of the summer squash.
Add the squash into the air fryer basket, set the temperature to 400 degrees F, air fryer setting, cook for 10-12 minutes, or until they are golden brown. Shake the basket several times during the cooking process so all of the squash gets perfectly cooked.
Drizzle the shredded mozzarella cheese over them right after removing the squash from her air fryer basket. Sprinkle with fresh herbs.
- This recipe will work in any air fryer, including the Ninja Foodi, Instant Pot Vortex, Instant Pot Crisp Lid, and other Air Fyre Basket and Oven Models. The time may vary.
- Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may have to cook this in batches.
- Try not to crowd the basket, as the squash will not crisp up, and it really needs the hot air floating around the basket, to really crisp up.
- You can interchange the summer squash with zucchini or blend 50% zucchini and 50% yellow summer squash.
- Shake the basket several times during the cooking process so that it all cooks up evenly and perfectly.
- Try to cut all of the summer squash in the same size, so it all cooks up simultaneously. Thickness matters here. The thicker the summer squash is, the longer it will take for the summer squash to air fry.
HOW TO SERVE
This also pairs well with a side of Instant Pot Pasta. It makes for a great addition, with the pasta sauce.
You can also serve it as a KETO and low-carb dish by mixing the air fryer squash in with some cooked chicken or steak.
CAN I MAKE IT AHEAD?
Yes, this dish can easily be prepared ahead of time and then reheated right before serving. Keep it covered and place it into the refrigerator if you wish to make it ahead of time.
Then reheat in the Air Fryer or microwave until heated through. IF you wish to reheat it in the air fryer, place it into the air fryer basket and set the temperature to 350 degrees F, air fryer setting for 4 to 8 minutes.
This Air Fryer Squash will last in the refrigerator for about 1 to 3 days.
Other Great Air Fryer Vegetable Recipes:
- CRISPY AIR FRYER EGGPLANT PARMESAN
- AIR FRYER LOW-CARB (KETO) EVERYTHING BAGEL ZUCCHINI CHIPS
- AIR FRYER SEAFOOD BOIL
- EASY AIR FRYER BACON WRAPPED JALAPEÑO POPPERS
- AIR FRYER TOSTONES FRIED PLANTAINS
- AIR FRYER FROZEN PICKLES
- EASY AIR FRYER SUN-DRIED TOMATOES
- 2 medium-sized summer squash
- 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley or basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Fresh Parsley or Basil
- Start by cutting your summer squash into 1/2 to 1/3 inch pieces. Then place them into a large bowl. Add the olive oil, salt, black pepper, and dried parsley or dried basil. Mix well to coat all of the summer squash.
- Add the squash into the air fryer basket, set the temperature to 400 degrees F, air fryer setting, cook for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown. Shake the basket several times during the cooking process so all of the squash gets perfectly cooked.
- Drizzle the shredded mozzarella cheese over them right after removing the squash from her air fryer basket. Sprinkle with fresh herbs.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 160Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 223mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 7g
ForkToSpoon.com occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although we try to attempt to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.