How about that, a huge batch of Air Fryer Sun-Dried Tomatoes and they are so amazing, and you can use them in so many recipes, but they are perfectly roasted with the help of your air fryer.
This homemade air fryer recipe for Sun-Dried tomatoes is amazing, and they come out perfectly. If you have never made homemade sun-dried tomatoes before, do not let that stop you. This is one of the easiest recipes you could ever make.
Tomato season will be here before you know it, so today, I slowed it down, and roasted a huge batch of cherry tomatoes, and made a huge batch of Sun-Dried tomatoes. While you can use the oven to roast these, when tomato season occurs, who wants to heat the entire house?
This is what I made with the sun-dried tomatoes, pasta with olive oil, seasonings, fresh basil leaves and of course sun-dried tomatoes.
If you are looking for other ways to use your summer garden vegetables, some of my favorite recipes are AIR FRYER ZUCCHINI CHEDDAR SAVORY MUFFINS, AIR FRYER ZUCCHINI PIZZA BOATS, AIR FRYER, ROASTED TOMATOES, AND ZUCCHINI FLATBREAD and AIR FRYER, SKILLET TORTELLINI, WITH GRILLED TOMATOES, ZUCCHINI, AND RED PEPPERS.
Air Fryer Sun-Dried Tomatoes
What Do You Need to Make Air Fryer Sun-Dried Tomatoes:
- Cherry Tomatoes (Or Whole Tomatoes)
- Olive Oil
How To Make Air Fryer Sun-Dried Tomatoes
Start by cutting the tomatoes (cherry) in half, and then add the olive oil and salt, mix well. Coating all of the tomatoes.
Toss them into the air fryer basket and set the temperature to 240 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 40-45 minutes. Shake the basket frequently.
HOW TO MAKE SUN-DRIED TOMATOES IN THE OVEN
You can easily make these in the oven, if you want to do a huge batch, or just don’t wabt to use the oven, here is how to make them:
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half, and then toss with the olive oil and salt.
- Spread the coated tomatoes over a baking sheet, set the temperature to 250 degrees F for about 2 to 3 hours. I would use a pair of tongs and flip them several times during the cooking process.
POSSIBLE SEASONINGS IDEAS
While today, I used a very simple salt and black pepper, there are actually many ways to change them. The only limitation to the seasoning ideas is your imagination. Here are some of my favorites:
- Add some Italian seasoning to the mix; this is a perfect addition if you will toss them with a pot of pasta. I would recommend that you use dried herbs, as fresh herbs will burn. Some suggestions are Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion powder, crushed red chili flakes, basil, oregano, etc.
- Fire Roasted Tomatoes: One of the most popular ways to purchase them in the grocery store. After the tomatoes have cooked, to make your own batch, mix them with olive oil, oregano, and chili powder, for a great batch of Mexican Style Sun-Dried Tomatoes.
HOW TO STORE SUN-DRIED TOMATOES:
While I know many, you will think about the batch you bought in the grocery store, sitting in the pantry.
I would strongly recommend that you place them in an airtight container and place them into the refrigerator. Fill the container with olive oil, and keep the sun-dried tomatoes under the olive oil to not dry out.
They will last about a week in the refrigerator.
HOW TO FREEZE SUN-DRIED TOMATOES:
If you want to make a HUGE batch during the summer, the Freezer is an excellent way to store them.
Make them as directed in the recipe card, then get them ready for the freezer. Spread them over a baking sheet, and pop the baking sheet into the freezer. When they are individually frozen, remove them and place them into a freezer bag.
They will last about 2 to three months in the freezer.
HOW TO USE AIR FRYER SUN-DRIED TOMATOES:
There are so many ways to use sun-dried tomatoes; My mother used to pop them into soups, salads, pasta dishes, and pasta sauces.
You can even just pop them into your mouth as a quick and healthy air fryer snack.
SOME OTHER GREAT AND EASY AIR FRYER VEGETABLE IDEAS:
- AIR FRYER FRIED OKRA
- AIR FRYER TACO BELL COPYCAT NACHO FRIES
- Tik-Tok AIR FRYER BAKED FETA CHEESE
- NINJA FOODI CHICKEN PAD THAI
- AIR FRYER BROCCOLI AND CHEESE CASSEROLE
- AIR FRYER SALSA
- 2 Pints Cherry Tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Start by cutting the tomatoes (cherry) in half, and then add the olive oil and salt, mix well. Coating all of the tomatoes.
- Toss them into the air fryer basket and set the temperature to 240 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 40-45 minutes. Shake the basket frequently.
You can easily substitute larger tomatoes for this recipe, although the time might be a bit longer.