Air Fryer Parmesan Crusted Zucchini Crisps are so good! If you have been looking for the perfect recipe to use your garden zucchini, this is a great place to start!
I love zucchini and Parmesan cheese, so today, I wanted to combine the two and came up with this recipe for Air Fryer Parmesan Crusted Zucchini Crisps.
I love a great batch of zucchini, and this might be one of the BEST ways to prepare it. The chips or crisps come out crispy and delicious.
Serve with a homemade Ranch Dressing; this is a great appetizer or side dish your entire family will love!
If you want to use your summer bounty or even a great batch that you found in the grocery store, some of my favorite Air Fryer Zucchini Recipes are AIR FRYER LOW-CARB (KETO) EVERYTHING BAGEL ZUCCHINI CHIPS, AIR FRYER ZUCCHINI BROWNIES, AIR FRYER ZUCCHINI BACON CHEDDAR SCONES, and AIR FRYER ZUCCHINI CRISPS.
The Best Parmesan Crusted Zucchini
Indulge in the irresistible combination of tender zucchini and a golden, crispy Parmesan crust with this recipe for the best Parmesan-crusted zucchini. This delightful dish takes simple zucchini slices and elevates them to a whole new level of flavor and texture. With each bite, you’ll experience the natural sweetness of the zucchini mingling with the savory Parmesan coating, creating a delicious symphony of tastes.
Whether served as a side dish or appetizer, these Parmesan-crusted zucchini slices will surely be a hit at any gathering or a satisfying addition to your everyday meals. Prepare to savor the perfect balance of tender zucchini and a satisfying crunch in every bite.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Parmesan Crusted Zucchini Crisps
Are you looking for a unique and flavorful recipe to make with your air fryer? If so, our Air Fryer Parmesan Crusted Zucchini Crisps is perfect! Not only is it simple and delicious, but it’s also incredibly healthy. All you need are some zucchini, parmesan cheese, garlic powder, breadcrumbs – plus any additional herbs or spices that tickle your fancy – and an air fryer.
The result will be crunchy on the outside yet light and creamy on the inside chips that you won’t be able to get enough of! Read on to discover how easy it is to whip up this tasty treat.
- Panko Breadcrumbs: For a keto option, use pork rinds that have been crushed.
- Grated Parmesan Cheese: Freshly grated cheese works best.
- Zucchini: Grab ripe zucchini or summer squash
- All-Purpose Flour: For a gluten-free treat, use gluten-free all-purpose flour.
- Eggs: Use large room-temperature eggs.
- Seasonings and Spices: Garlic Powder, Paprika, Oregano, Kosher Salt, and Black Pepper
How To Make Air Fryer Parmesan Crusted Zucchini Crisps
Do you love the crispy crunch of deep-fried food but not all the fat and calories that come with it? If so, then air fryer parmesan-crusted zucchini crisps are for you! This delicious dish is a healthier, lower-calorie alternative to greasy potato chips or French fries.
It is incredibly light on calories, and these air fryer zucchini crisps provide a fantastic flavor balance between Parmesan cheese, fresh herbs, garlic powder, paprika, and other spices. They are perfect as a snack or appetizer and also great in salads and even wraps! Read on to find out how to make this tasty treat at home – including step-by-step instructions and tips for perfect results every time.
Line a large cooking sheet with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, combine breadcrumbs, parmesan, and spices. Adjust seasonings to taste. Set aside.
Slice the Zucchini into ¼-inch thick slices.
Dip each Zucchini slice first in flour to thoroughly coat, then shake off the excess flour. Next, dip the floured slice in the beaten egg, shaking off the excess.
Finally, dip the slice in the breadcrumb mix, coating the slice completely. Put coated Zucchini slice onto the prepared cooking sheet. Repeat until all the Zucchini slices are done.
Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F, air fryer setting, and spray the basket with cooking spray.
Put coated Zucchini into the air fryer basket in a single layer and spray lightly with cooking spray. Cook for 8-10 mins, until golden and crispy.
Serve warm with marinara sauce or other dipping sauce of choice.
- If your air fryer is smaller, you must cook in batches. Do not overcrowd the air fryer. I have made this in several air fryers, including the Ninja Foodi. Whether you use an Air Fryer Basket or Oven Model, the recipe will remain the same.
- For extra spice, add some red pepper flakes to the breadcrumb mix.
- Try to slice the zucchini to about the same thickness for best results. This way, they all cook up at the same time.
Do not crowd your basket. Otherwise, the Air Fryer Parmesan Crusted Zucchini Crisps will not cook up correctly.
- Air fryer temperatures vary between brands, so cooking times may vary.
- Leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 3 days
- To reheat, preheat the Air fryer to 375°F and cook for 2-3 mins.
Frequently Asked Questions Parmesan Crusted Zucchini Air Fryer
Can I make Parmesan-crusted zucchini in an air fryer?
Absolutely! Parmesan-crusted zucchini can be made in an air fryer for a healthier and crispy result. The air fryer cooks the zucchini with hot air circulation, creating a delicious and golden crust without the need for deep frying.
What temperature and time should I set the air fryer for Parmesan-crusted zucchini?
Preheat your air fryer to a temperature of around 375°F (190°C). Cook the Parmesan-crusted zucchini in the air fryer for approximately 10-12 minutes, flipping halfway through or until the coating is golden brown and crispy and the zucchini is tender. Cooking times may vary depending on the thickness of the zucchini slices and your specific air fryer model, so keep an eye on them and adjust as needed.
Can I use different types of cheese instead of Parmesan for the crust?
While Parmesan cheese is commonly used for the crust, you can experiment with other cheeses if you prefer. Grated cheeses like Pecorino Romano or a blend of cheeses can provide delicious variations. Remember that the melting and browning properties may differ, so adjust the cooking time accordingly.
Can I use gluten-free breadcrumbs for Parmesan-crusted zucchini?
Absolutely! If you prefer a gluten-free option, you can use gluten-free breadcrumbs or crushed gluten-free crackers as a substitute for traditional breadcrumbs. This allows you to enjoy the delicious Parmesan crust while accommodating dietary restrictions or preferences.
What dipping sauces pair well with Parmesan-crusted zucchini?
Parmesan-crusted zucchini pairs well with a variety of dipping sauces. Classic marinara sauce is a popular choice, offering a tangy and flavorful complement. Other options include garlic aioli, ranch dressing, or a creamy herb dip. Feel free to explore different sauces to find your favorite flavor combination.
Can I make the Parmesan-crusted zucchini ahead of time?
While Parmesan-crusted zucchini is best enjoyed immediately after cooking, you can make the coating mixture and prep the zucchini slices in advance. Store the coated zucchini slices in the refrigerator covered, and air fry them just before serving to ensure the freshest and crispiest results.
How To Store Leftover Parmesan Crusted Zucchini Crisps
If you have any leftovers, you can easily store them. Let them cool to room temperature, and then place them into an airtight container. They will last for about 2 to 3 days in the refrigerator.
To Reheat Them: Place them into your air fryer, and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes at 375 degrees F, air fryer setting. You can spray them with cooking spray to help them re-crisp.
Best Dipping Sauces To Serve With
Today, I served mine with a simple homemade blue cheese dressing. Still, some other great options are GREEK YOGURT BBQ SAUCE, CILANTRO-LIME SOUR CREAM CREMA, OUTBACK BLOOMIN ONION SAUCE, or TGIF CREAMY CUCUMBER-WASABI RANCH DIP.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- AIR FRYER ZUCCHINI BROWNIES
- AIR FRYER LOW-CARB (KETO) EVERYTHING BAGEL ZUCCHINI CHIPS
- EASY AIR FRYER ZUCCHINI CHEDDAR SAVORY MUFFINS
- AIR FRYER ZUCCHINI BACON CHEDDAR SCONES
- AIR FRYER ZUCCHINI CRISPS
- EASY AIR FRYER ZUCCHINI BREAD
- AIR FRYER ZUCCHINI PUMPKIN QUICK BREAD
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Air Fryer Parmesan Crusted Zucchini Crisps
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- Line a large cooking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine breadcrumbs, parmesan, and spices. Adjust seasonings to taste. Set aside.
- Slice the Zucchini into ¼-inch thick slices.
- Dip each Zucchini slice first in flour to completely coat, then shake off the excess flour.
- Next, dip the floured slice in the beaten egg, shaking off the excess.
- Finally, dip the slice in the breadcrumb mix, making sure to coat the slice completely. Put coated Zucchini slice onto the prepared cooking sheet. Repeat until all the Zucchini slices are done.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F and spray the basket with cooking spray.
- Put coated Zucchini into the air fryer basket in a single layer and spray lightly with cooking spray. Cook for 8-10 mins, until golden and crispy.
- Serve warm with marinara sauce or other dipping sauce of choice.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray
- Parchment Paper