Air Fryer Zucchini Bread is the perfect summer recipe, guaranteed to make a delicious loaf. Made with simple ingredients and crunchy walnuts, zucchini bread is an easy snack or breakfast option — ready in under an hour!
Air Fryer Zucchini Bread
I love getting my summer bounty of zucchini, so I can come up with delicious and easy zucchini recipes — the first being a perfect loaf of Air Fryer Zucchini Bread.
Tender, moist, and lightly sweet, this air fryer bread recipe truly delivers on texture and flavor with such simple ingredients.
Plus, zucchini bread is an easy way to get the kids to eat a great big plate of veggies without them even knowing it! Add a slab of butter to each slice, and your kids will be coming back for more and more.
If you are looking for even more Air Fryer Zucchini Recipes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER ZUCCHINI CHEDDAR SAVORY MUFFINS, AIR FRYER ZUCCHINI BACON CHEDDAR SCONES, AIR FRYER PARMESAN ZUCCHINI FOIL PACKETS, and AIR FRYER ZUCCHINI PIZZA BOATS.
Why You’ll Love This Air Fryer Bread Recipe
- Simple Ingredients
- Easy to Make
- One Bowl Recipe
- Can be customized
What Is Zucchini Bread?
It’s a quick loaf made by folding grated zucchini into a traditional quick bread batter. It will often contain nuts and sometimes chocolate chips.
The key to making sure your zucchini bread recipe is moist and fluffy is to really grate the zucchini well. I’ll give you a few tips below on how to get the best zucchini bread, whether you bake it or air fry it.
Ingredients Needed For Zucchini Bread in Air Fryer
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Vegetable Oil
- Granulated Sugar
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Grated Zucchini
- Spices: Ground Cinnamon, Ground Nutmeg, Allspice
- Optional: Diced Walnuts
How to Grate Zucchini for Zucchini Bread
Clean the surface of the squash with cool water, then dry thoroughly. There’s no need to peel it first — just run the whole thing over the largest holes of your grater.
Spread the grated zucchini onto a layer of paper towels to let some of the moisture drain. I usually leave it for about 20 minutes. Then, fold up the ends of the paper towels and squeeze to get even more moisture out of the shreds.
This is key to the best results for your zucchini bread recipe — moist but fluffy and evenly baked through.
How to Make Zucchini Bread Easy
Step 1: Make the batter
In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, and allspice.
In a separate bowl, mix together the vegetable oil, eggs, vanilla extract, and sugar.
Then, pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture, mixing well. Fold in the grated zucchini and diced walnuts.
Step 2: Bake zucchini bread in air fryer
Pour the batter into a greased loaf pan that is safe for the air fryer. Set the pan in the air fryer, then set the temperature to 320 degrees F for 20-30 minutes.
When done, remove the air fryer zucchini bread and allow to cool before slicing.
Tips for a Zucchini Bread Recipe That Is Moist
- Mix carefully. Be sure to pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, not the other way around. Mix just until there are no more streaks of flour.
- Fold in the zucchini and walnuts. This prevents the batter from being overmixed. Use a spatula to lift the batter over the mix-ins repeatedly until they are evenly distributed throughout.
- Use the toothpick test. When the time is up, place a toothpick in the center of the air fryer zucchini bread — it should come out clean. If not, air fry for another 5 minutes.
- Cool before slicing. Allow the loaf to cool in the pan, but don’t leave it in there for too long! After 5-10 minutes, slide it out onto a wire rack and finish cooling there. Otherwise, it will end up drying out.
Storage and Freezing
Proper storage ensures that this zucchini bread recipe is moist until the loaf is gone! Store the loaf in an airtight container or wrap it in plastic wrap. It will keep for 2-4 days on the counter or longer in the refrigerator.
Zucchini bread is easy to freeze as well, so you can double or triple this air fryer bread recipe if you have a LOT of veggies to use up. You will just need to cook it in batches.
Let it cool to room temperature, wrap it up in saran wrap, and then wrap it in foil. Freeze the whole loaf or individual slices for 2 to 3 months.
Thaw on the counter, then reheat zucchini bread in the air fryer for a toasty treat!
What Can I Add to Zucchini Bread?
You can really add anything that you think goes well with zucchini bread. Some of my favorites are chocolate chips, blueberries, dried cranberries, or raisins.
Another popular option is shredded coconut flakes!
What Does Zucchini Bread Taste Like?
Zucchini bread usually is a bit sweet and very tender. Since zucchini bread is a mild-tasting vegetable, you generally do not taste it in the loaf.
If you add some walnuts or diced pecans to the batter, it provides another great texture.
How Many Zucchinis Equal 2 Cups Grated?
This air fryer bread recipe calls for 2 cups of grated zucchini, so if you hit the market, you are probably wondering how many zucchini to purchase!
I’ve found that 1 medium-sized zucchini equals about 1 1/4 cups, so you will need to purchase and grate 2 medium-sized zucchini to be safe.
What Pans Should I Use For Zucchini Bread?
While the shape is traditionally a loaf pan, I find that mini pans cook better in the air fryer. Here are some of my favorites (affiliate link included):
More Easy Air Fryer Zucchini Recipes
- AIR FRYER ZUCCHINI BURGERS
- VEGAN ZUCCHINI FRIES AIR FRYER
- AIR FRYER ZUCCHINI PUMPKIN QUICK BREAD
- AIR FRYER BEST EVER GRILLED ZUCCHINI
- AIR FRYER ZUCCHINI ONION PIE
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup of vegetable oil
- 2 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 cup diced walnuts
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, and all-spice.
- In another bowl, mix the vegetable oil, eggs, vanilla extract, and sugar mix well.
- Then pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture, mixing well.
- Mix in the grated zucchini and diced walnuts.
- Pour the batter into a greased air fryer-safe pan.
- Set the pan into the air fryer, and set the temperature to 320 degrees F for 20-30 minutes. (air fryer setting)
- When the time is up, place a toothpick in the pound cake, and check to see that the toothpick comes out clean. If not add another 5 minutes.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 754Total Fat: 38gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 33gCholesterol: 70mgSodium: 513mgCarbohydrates: 96gFiber: 3gSugar: 58gProtein: 10g