Air Fryer Zucchini Burgers — Looking for a healthier alternative to the traditional beef burger? These air fryer zucchini burgers are perfect for you!
One of the best things about summer is all the fresh produce! Zucchini season has arrived, and this recipe for Air Fryer Zucchini Burgers will show you how to make healthy burgers with zucchini. These are gluten-free and vegan, so they’re perfect for any diet. The best part? They can be made in an air fryer or oven!
Suppose you have been looking for some great Air Fryer Zucchini Recipes. In that case, some of my favorite recipes are AIR FRYER PARMESAN CRUSTED ZUCCHINI CRISPS, AIR FRYER ZUCCHINI BROWNIES, AIR FRYER LOW-CARB (KETO) EVERYTHING BAGEL ZUCCHINI CHIPS, and AIR FRYER ZUCCHINI FRITTERS.
What Are Zucchini Burgers?
Zucchini burgers are a healthy alternative to traditional hamburgers. They are made with zucchini, eggs, bread crumbs, and spices. The mixture is then shaped into patties and cooked in the air fryer. (Basket or Oven Style, or even the Ninja Foodi) These burger patties can be eaten by themselves or used as buns when topped with condiments like mayonnaise or ketchup.
The versatility of these nutritious veggie burgers makes them perfect for lunches, dinners, appetizers at parties, snacks at the office… I could go on! There’s no excuse not to try this vegetarian recipe out because it takes less than 30 minutes from start to finish! So what are you waiting for!
These are so good!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Zucchini Burgers
- Shredded Zucchini
- Bread Crumbs
- Cayenne Peper
- Optional: Hamburger Buns, Brioche Buns, Lettuce, Red Onions, and Tomatoes
How To Make Air Fryer Zucchini Burgers
Use a vegetable peeler or food grater and grate your zucchini. Then spread it over paper towels, sprinkle with some salt, and wait for about 10 to 15 minutes. The water will appear on top of the zucchini. Blot with paper towels to remove the moisture.
In a large mixing bowl, add the zucchini, onions, bread crumbs, eggs, salt, and cayenne pepper. Mix well to form a mixture. If you need more bread crumbs, add them. You want them to stay together.
Shape the zucchini mixture into burger shapes. Spray your Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray, and then add your burgers. (Alternative you can use a silicone air fryer liner) set the temperature to 350 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 7 to 10 minutes. Flip halfway during the cooking process.
How Do I Grate My Zucchini?
The zucchini is the most popular summer squash. It’s so abundant that many people find themselves with too much of it!
If you’re looking to grate your zucchini, here are two ways to do it. First, use a box grater and grate the skin off of the zucchini before grating its flesh. Second, use a food processor or mandolin slicer-grater attachment on your food processor.
How Many Zucchinis Do I Need For 2 Cups of Zucchini?
Depending on the size of the zucchini, you will usually need 1 medium zucchini for every 1 cup of grated zucchini. I always buy 1 extra than the recipe calls for to ensure that I have enough zucchini.
How To Remove The Moisture From The Zucchini?
If you grate zucchini for a long time and want to get all the moisture out before air frying or baking.
For the best results, you should not only peel off any skin but also remove as much excess liquid from inside. To do this, pile your grated squash into a paper towel wrap tightly with another layer on top, so there’s no air can seep in between them; give each one an extra squeeze over the sink while holding onto opposite sides of both paper towels.
How Long Are Zucchini Burgers Good For?
Zucchini Burgers that are not eaten after cooked should be placed into an airtight container and stored in the refrigerator. They will last for about 2 to 3 days.
You can either reheat them in the microwave or the air fryer, heat them until warmed through.
More Air Fryer Vegetable Recipes:
- AIR FRYER SPAGHETTI SQUASH
- AIR FRYER HASSELBACK BACON AND BLEU CHEESE POTATOES
- EASY AIR FRYER ITALIAN STUFFED MUSHROOMS
- AIR FRYER ROASTED CARROTS
- AIR FRYER ACORN SQUASH
- EASY AIR FRYER KETO BACON-WRAPPED AVOCADO BURGER BOMBS
- AIR FRYER STUFFING
- AIR FRYER BUTTERNUT SQUASH
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- ¼ cup diced onions
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt & more for shredded zucchini
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Optional: Hamburger Buns, Brioche Buns, Lettuce, Red Onions, Tomatoes
- Use a vegetable peeler or food grater and grate your zucchini.
- Then spread it over paper towels, sprinkle with some salt, and wait for about 10 to 15 minutes. The water will appear on top of the zucchini. Blot with paper towels to remove the moisture.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the zucchini, onions, bread crumbs, eggs, salt, and cayenne pepper. Mix well to form a mixture. If you need more bread crumbs, add them. You want them to stay together.
- Shape the zucchini mixture into burger shapes. Spray your Air Fryer Basket with cooking spray, and then add your burgers. (Alternative you can use a silicone air fryer liner) set the temperature to 350 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 7 to 10 minutes. Flip halfway during the cooking process.
- Add to a hamburger or brioche bun, and add your toppings.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 245Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 120mgSodium: 809mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 4gSugar: 9gProtein: 11g
ForkToSpoon.com occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although we try to attempt to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.