Air Fryer Zucchini Fritters — This recipe may be called zucchini fritters, but there’s no frying involved. This is a healthy and easy way to get your family to eat their veggies with little fuss. Zucchini can be bland, so we’re adding some flavor using herbs like basil and parsley. These are great served alone or as an appetizer for any meal! This is The Best Air Fryer Fritter Recipe!
Air Fryer Zucchini Fritters are one of my husband’s favorite lunches. If you are looking for a great and easy cake, this is a great one, I served it with a creamy dressing on the side, and they are perfectly air fried.
When zucchini season comes, this is one of my favorite zucchini recipes, made within minutes and beautifully crisped up in the air fryer.
There is nothing better than a great Air Fryer Zucchini! Garnished with sour cream, it becomes a great treat! Serve it as an appetizer, side dish, or appetizer, and I guarantee that everyone will love it.
What Are Zucchini Fritters or Zucchini Cakes?
They are air fryer zucchini cakes if you have never had a zucchini fritter before. Shredded zucchini from the garden is a great way to make air fryer squash fritters!
Nothing more than either air fryer zucchini cakes or air fryer zucchini patties made with freshly grated zucchini mixed with flour, egg, and scallions, making a great meal or appetizer with very few ingredients. The star ingredient is Zucchini. You can not go wrong.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Zucchini Fritters
- Shredded Colby Jack
- All-Purpose Flour
- Bread Crumbs
- Onion Powder
- Black Pepper
- Minced Onion
Essential Notes on Making Zucchini Fritters or Zucchini Cakes
One of the best things about this recipe is that it is easy to make, and they crisp up amazingly well in the air fryer. But the inside stays moist and delicious.
The hardest part of this recipe is shredding the zucchini. The most important thing I learned about this recipe is that you need to drain the zucchini well. So, after you grate it, roll it up in paper towels and squeeze as much of the excess liquid out as you can.
How To Make Zucchini Fritters In The Air Fryer
Clean and shred the zucchini. Please place them in a bowl lined with a paper towel to absorb more of the water. With another paper towel, pat the shredded zucchini to get the excess water out as best as you can.
Next, add the cheese, flour, breadcrumbs, salt, onion powder, ground black pepper, dry basil, and minced onion to the zucchini. Mix until all is combined.
Finally, add in the beaten eggs, and you will have to mix the dough with your hands until it forms into a sticky dough that is easy to manipulate.
Use a cookie scoop (I like using a medium OXO 1 ½ tablespoon) and scope up some zucchini mixtures and form it into balls. You should have 12 zucchini fritter balls.
Use your hand and flatten each zucchini fritter ball into a small but thick pancake.
Place four zucchini fritters in the Air Fryer basket in one cooking. You don’t want to overcrowd the basket for more evenly cooking.
Air Fry, the zucchini fritters on a manual setting at 360 degrees F for 9 minutes, then flip them and cook for an additional 8 to 9 minutes or until the zucchini fritters become golden brown.
Once the zucchini fritters are cooked, take them out of the air fryer basket and place them on a cooling rack. Let them cool off for 5 minutes. Serve with sour cream, and enjoy!
Can You Make Air Fryer Zucchini Fritters Become Crispy?
Yes, I sprayed them with some cooking spray that helped them crisp up. The best part about making zucchini fritters in the air fryer is that the outside gets crispy but warm and tender inside.
The best part about using an air fryer for Zucchini Fritters is that the air circulates the food, causing it to be crisp. Everyone wants a batch of crispy zucchini fritters!
What To Serve With Zucchini Fritters
If you have been wondering what to eat with zucchini fritters, you can serve this with whatever you have. It goes with dinners, including chicken and steak, or eat it alone as an appetizer or light lunch.
My kids love eating them as a mid-day snack. Serve them with anything. I usually serve them with sour cream or a ranch dressing.
Do Zucchini Fritters Store Well
Unfortunately, they will not store well. Since you serve them crispy, as they get older, the crisp goes away. But don’t worry; these will be the Best Air Fryer Zucchini Fritter Recipe, and you will want to make them repeatedly.
If you have any leftovers, let them cool to room temperature, place them into an airtight container, and put them in the refrigerator.
To reheat, either place in the microwave or air fr to reheat, and heat until warm.
Do You Take Off The Skin Before Making Zucchini Fritters In Air Fryer?
This is an easy recipe, and you can leave the skins or take them off. It is a personal preference. So, if you want to leave them on for the minerals, that is fine.
They add many colors, so leave them on if you are making these for a party. If not, take them off.
What Air Fryer Can I Make These In?
How Do You Serve Zucchini Cakes?
You can serve zucchini fritters with any of your favorite dipping sauces. I love serving these with either sour cream or ranch dressing. Both compliment the shredded zucchini well.
How Do I Store Air Fryer Zucchini Patties?
Let the zucchini patties cool to room temperature, and then place them into an airtight container. They will last for about 2 to 3 days.
You can always reheat them in the microwave or the air fryer, heating until warmed through.
- 4 cups shredded zucchini (3 zucchinis)
- 1 cup shredded Colby Jack
- 2/3 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dry basil
- ½ teaspoon minced onion
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Clean and shred the zucchini. Please place them in a bowl lined with a paper towel to absorb more of the water. With another paper towel, pat the shredded zucchini to get the excess water out as best as you can.
- Next, add in the cheese, flour, breadcrumbs, salt, onion powder, ground black pepper, dry basil, and minced onion to the zucchini. Mix until all is combined.
- Finally, add in the beaten eggs, and you will have to mix the dough with your hands until it forms into a sticky dough that is easy to manipulate.
- Use a cookie scoop (I like using a medium OXO 1 ½ tablespoon) and scope up some of the zucchini mixtures and form it into balls. You should have 12 zucchini fritter balls.
- Use your hand and flatten each of the zucchini fritter balls into a small but thick pancake.
- Place 4 zucchini fritters in the Air Fryer basket in one cooking. You don’t want to overcrowd the basket for more evenly cooking.
- Cook the zucchini fritters on a manual setting at 360 degrees F for 9 minutes, then flip them and cook for an additional 8 to 9 minutes or until the zucchini fritters become golden brown.
- Once the zucchini fritters are cook take them out of the air fryer basket and place them on a cooling rack. Let them cool off for 5 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream and enjoy!
- Colby Jack can be substituted with your favorite kind of cheese
- Plain breadcrumbs can be substituted with panko crumbs or any seasoned breadcrumbs of your choice.
- The spices can be substituted with your own favorite blend
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 180Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 60mgSodium: 337mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 9g
ForkToSpoon.com occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although we try to attempt to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.
Don’t Forget To Pin