This is one of my kid’s favorite recipes for the winter vegetables, roasted butternut squash. The flavor is amazing, but who has time to cut and then peel the butternut squash. This is one of the easiest recipes, you will make in your air fryer. And what’s better it has a better flavor than boiling it, and it’s a lot easier.
I topped mine off with olive oil and spices, but you can omit that, but we really love our buttery butternut squash, but if you just want to use a few spritzes of olive oil, go ahead, it will make it a truly healthy vegetable dish.
I start off by cutting the squash in half, use a sharp knife.
Use a large spoon, to remove the seeds.
Now, for this recipe, I cut up the butternut squash in about 1-inch pieces, then add olive oil, sage, thyme, salt, and pepper.
Place the butternut squash in the air fryer basket or air fryer tray.
Set the temperature to 390 degrees F, for 10 minutes (the exact time is going to depend on how big your butternut squash is,
and what type of air fryer you have) so keep on checking it, until it’s fork-tender. My total time was less than 12 minutes.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget To Pin–
Air Fryer-Roasted Butternut Squash with Sage and Thyme
This is a really great and easy recipe for a healthy side dish. You can change out the spices for almost anything, but the sage really gives it a great flavor, as it seems to complement the roasted squash well.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 12 minutes
- Total Time: 17 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Vegetable
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 1 2 pound butternut squash
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sage (fresh)
- 1 teaspoon thyme (fresh)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Start by preheating your air fryer to 390 degrees F.
- Then peel and seed your squash, and then cut into chunks or slices. (You have to cut it in half diagonal and half vertically)
- Then in a large bowl, place the cut squash and add the olive oil, sage, thyme, salt, and pepper. Coat the squash. ( I used my hands, to really coat the squash)
- Place your coated squash in the air fryer basket. Set the timer for 10 minutes, then after 10 minutes, flip, and cook for another 2-5 minutes. This is going to depend on the air fryer you own and the wattage of the air fryer, as soon as it is fork-tender, remove.
- Let cool slightly, then plate and serve.
Keywords: butternut squash and sage bake roasted butternut squash with sage and parmesan sage butternut squash pasta sage butternut squash ravioli roast whole butternut squash in air fryer grilled butternut squash slices thin sliced butternut squash sage butternut squash soup