This is a really easy and healthy recipe, they are a take on my mother’s famous Italian Stuffed Mushrooms that she makes for every holiday. My kids love them, as do I, she sometimes adds ground sausage to them. These a snatch to make the in the air fryer, and you can make 1 or 100, it doesn’t matter. These make for a great snack or appetizer.
Here are some tips for purchasing mushrooms:
- Look for mushrooms that are firm, and have a shiny outer appearance.
- Look for mushrooms that are dry, but don’t appear to be dried out
Here are some tips for storing mushrooms:
- Do not place near other fruit.
- Keep mushrooms in a brown paper bag, if you aren’t going to use immediately.
- Most mushrooms will keep about a week in the refrigerator.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget To Pin—
My family loves these, they are a take on my mother's classic Italian ones, that are usually stuffed with Italian sausage.
- 1/2 cup Italian Bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan grated cheese
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 25 white mushrooms
In a large mixing bowl mix together the bread crumbs, grated cheese, minced garlic, parsley, olive oil, and salt and pepper.
Destem the mushroom, and then scoop the filling into the mushroom cap. Place them on a greased air fryer basket or on an air fryer tray, as you make them.
Spray them generously with olive oil, set the temperature to 340 degrees F. for 5 minutes.
Plate, serve and enjoy!