Air Fryer Roasted Pepitas are crispy, seasoned perfectly, and make an amazing snack any time of day. This toasted pepitas recipe is fast and easy!
Roasted Pepitas Recipe
Pepita seeds are a healthy snack idea that adults and kids will rave over. They cook in minutes and are great for on the go snacking.
They make great party food too. Plus, making air fried pumpkin seeds aren’t complicated, and even a beginner can whip up a batch.
Simply mix your pumpkin seeds with some simple pantry staples, and you have a delicious snack anytime!
And these are so good to do with the kids after pumpkin carving!
Do you love all things pumpkin? Some of my favorite Air Fryer Pumpkin Recipes are AIR FRYER PUMPKIN SPICE CUPCAKES, AIR FRYER GLUTEN-FREE PUMPKIN BANANA NUT BREAD, AIR FRYER GLAZED PUMPKIN SCONES, and AIR FRYER MUG PUMPKIN COFFEE CAKE.
Why You’ll Love Air Fried Pumpkin Seeds
- Only 6 ingredients
- 15 minutes total time
- Easy to customize
- Great for on the go
- Family friendly
What Are Pepita Seeds?
Pepita seeds are the seed of a pumpkin that is harvested when it has matured. They are often eaten by themselves but can also be roasted and salted to create a tasty snack. There are wide varieties of pumpkins with varying flavors and textures, so explore some new ones this season!
Roasted pepitas have been shown to have many health benefits, including being high in magnesium, zinc, vitamin K, omega-3 fatty acids, and iron.
So, you can use your Pumpkin Seeds right out of the Pumpkin you are carving with your family!
Benefits of Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
Toasted pepitas are high in Omega-3 fatty acids, which can help reduce inflammation and lower cholesterol levels and provide an excellent source of protein.
Air fried pumpkin seeds also provide extra health benefits because they are roasted at a higher temperature than most nuts, making it easier for your body to digest them. The best part about roasting your own pumpkin seeds is that you don’t have to worry about any added preservatives or additives that come with store-bought varieties.
Toasted Pepitas Recipe Ingredients
- Pepitas (Pumpkin Seeds)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Ground Cumin
- Ground Cinnamon
- Black Pepper
How To Make Air Fryer Roasted Pepitas
Step 1: Coat pepita seeds
Preheat air fryer to 250˚F (180˚C) and line basket with foil. Toss pepitas with olive oil, cumin, cinnamon, salt, and pepper in a small bowl.
Step 2: Air fry pepitas
Spread pepita seeds in a single layer in the foil-lined basket of your air fryer (if they don’t all fit in one layer, cook them in batches). Cook for 10 minutes or until deep golden in color, shaking every few minutes to ensure even cooking.
Store in an air-tight container in the pantry.
Tips to make Perfect Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- There is no difference in taste between removing the shell and keeping the shell on.
- Make sure to shake your basket frequently during the cooking process so they get perfectly roasted.
- Line your basket with foil, or parchment paper, so that the pepitas or pumpkin seeds do not fall through the basket.
- Pumpkin Seeds: You can use fresh pumpkin seeds that you dig out of your Jack O Lantern. But you can also use store-bought pumpkin seeds.
- Seasonings: We use a combination of cumin, cinnamon, salt, and pepper, but you can add any of your favorite seasonings to change the flavor.
- Olive Oil: If you do not want to use olive oil, you can use butter or another dairy-free butter alternative. You can also use ghee.
Air Fried Pumpkin Seeds FAQs
What Are The Difference Between Pumpkin Seeds and Pepita Seeds?
Typically they are the same thing. The difference is that pumpkin seeds still have their white shell on, while the pepita seeds already have their shell removed.
You do not need to remove the shell from the Jack O Lantern that you are carving. You can roast them exactly as they are. No shell removal is needed.
How to Clean Pumpkin Seeds?
Pumpkin seeds are a delicious and healthy snack, but they can be a pain to clean. The most common way to remove the stringy bits is by boiling them in water for 10 minutes, but this process also leaves behind any pumpkin flesh or strings that have adhered themselves to the seed’s surface.
Ensure to rinse the pumpkin seeds after boiling them and let them dry before air frying them.
MORE EASY PUMPKIN RECIPES:
- AIR FRYER PUMPKIN SPICE CUPCAKES
- INSTANT POT PUMPKIN BUTTER
- INSTANT POT CURRIED PUMPKIN SOUP
- AIR FRYER GLUTEN-FREE PUMPKIN BANANA NUT BREAD
- AIR FRYER GLAZED PUMPKIN SCONES
- EASY AIR FRYER GLAZED PUMPKIN SCONES
- AIR FRYER MINI PUMPKIN PIES
- AIR FRYER PUMPKIN FRENCH TOAST
Air Fryer Roasted Pepitas
- 1 cup pepitas, pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat air fryer to 250˚F (180˚C). Line with foil.
- In a small bowl, toss pepitas with olive oil, cumin, cinnamon, salt, and pepper.
- Spread pepitas in a single layer in the foil-lined basket of your air fryer (if they don't all fit in one layer, cook them in batches).
- Cook for 10 minutes or until deep golden in color, shaking every few minutes to ensure even cooking.
- Store in an air-tight container in the pantry.
- Air Fryer