Instant Pot Curried Pumpkin Soup is one of the best fall soups! Infused with the flavors of pumpkin, it’s one of my favorite go-to fall soups!
If you have been looking for a GREAT soup Instant Pot Soup Recipe, this is one of the best, and it’s naturally gluten-free, vegetarian, KETO, and even Whole30 Compliant. So everyone can enjoy this delicious soup!
I actually served this last year, at Thanksgiving and everyone left raving about that. Sorry about that turkey!
This is a quick meal, and most of the ingredients can be stored in your pantry until you are ready to use them!
A great weeknight soup, this Instant Pot Curried Pumpkin Soup packs a punch! There is nothing better. In less than 30 minutes, you can get a homemade soup that will match any Panera Soup or the Soup Factory!
And it all starts with canned pumpkin and your Instant Pot!
More of my Instant Pot Soup Recipes to keep you warm this fall and winter are INSTANT POT NEW ENGLAND CLAM CHOWDER, INSTANT POT CHICKEN POT PIE SOUP, INSTANT POT CREAM OF BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP, and INSTANT POT HOMEMADE TOMATO SOUP.
Ingredients Needed For Instant Pot Curried Pumpkin Soup
- Olive Oil
- Minced Garlic
- Ground Ginger
- Curry Powder
- Ground Cumin
- Canned Pumpkin
- Vegetable Broth
- Black Pepper
How To Make Instant Pot Curried Pumpkin Soup
Start by adding the olive oil to the Instant Pot. Then press the saute button. Once the oil is heated up (about 30 seconds), add the diced onions, saute until they are softened.
Then add the garlic, saute until the onions and garlic are softened and translucent.
Then mix in the ground ginger, curry powder, pumpkin, vegetable broth, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
Add your lid, making sure it’s locked into place and that the vent is turned to a sealed position. Then set the manual high pressure (or soup) for 15 minutes high pressure.
When the time is done, do a natural release. Open the lid and mix well.
Great Toppings For Curried Pumpkin Soup
Today, I topped off my Instant Pot Curried Pumpkin Soup with some pepitas, but you can really top this with various toppings.
Some of my favorites are:
- Tortilla Chips
- Coconut Cream
- Greek Yogurt
- Pistachios or Peanuts
How To Make This Recipe On The Stovetop Pot
- If you do not have an Instant Pot don’t fret, you can make the same soup in a saucepan. Here is how to make it:
- start by setting the olive oil, onions and minced garlic. Mix until the onions are tender and translucent.
- Then add the spices, mix well, then pour in your vegetable broth and canned pumpkin. Continue to mix until everything is well combined.
- Reduce and simmer for about 25 to 30 minutes.
What do you eat with Curried Pumpkin Soup?
I love eating this with a great big old piece of cornbread or salad. Some of my favorites recipes to pair this with are:
Is Pumpkin Keto Friendly?
Yes, since pumpkin is low in carbs, this is a very KETO-friendly soup. Since the pumpkin is very dense, it’s also very filling and will keep you full until your next meal.
There are about 10 grams of carbohydrates per cup of canned pumpkin but about 4 grams of fiber, making it about 6 net carbs in total. Remember to check your pumpkin to make sure that the label of the pumpkin you are using.
More Instant Pot Soup Recipes:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Start by adding the olive oil to the Instant Pot. Then press the saute button.
- Once the oil is heated up (about 30 seconds), add the diced onions, saute until they are softened.
- Then add the garlic, saute until the onions and garlic are softened and translucent.
- Then mix in the ground ginger, curry powder, pumpkin, vegetable broth, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Add your lid, making sure it's locked into place and that the vent is turned to a sealed position. Then set the manual high pressure (or soup) for 15 minutes high pressure.
- When the time is done, do a natural release. Open the lid and mix well.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 102Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1037mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 4gSugar: 6gProtein: 2g
ForkToSpoon.com occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although we try to attempt to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.