Instant Pot Curried Pumpkin Soup — Pumpkin soup is one of those classic comfort foods that just about everyone loves. But who has time to spend hours stirring a pot on the stove? Not me! With my trusty Instant Pot, I can have this delicious soup ready in minutes. Curried pumpkin soup is perfect for chilly fall days. Give it a try!
Instant Pot Curried Pumpkin Soup is one of the best fall soups! Infused with the flavors of pumpkin, it’s one of my favorite go-to fall soups!
If you have been looking for a GREAT soup Instant Pot Soup Recipe, this is one of the best, and it’s naturally gluten-free, vegetarian, KETO, and even Whole30 Compliant. So everyone can enjoy this delicious soup!
I actually served this last year, at Thanksgiving and everyone left raving about that. Sorry about that turkey!
This is a quick meal, and most of the ingredients can be stored in your pantry until you are ready to use them!
A great weeknight soup, this Instant Pot Curried Pumpkin Soup packs a punch! There is nothing better. In less than 30 minutes, you can get a homemade soup that will match any Panera Soup or the Soup Factory!
And it all starts with canned pumpkin and your Instant Pot!
More of my Instant Pot Soup Recipes to keep you warm this fall and winter are INSTANT POT NEW ENGLAND CLAM CHOWDER, INSTANT POT CHICKEN POT PIE SOUP, INSTANT POT CREAM OF BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP, and INSTANT POT HOMEMADE TOMATO SOUP.
What Is Pumpkin Soup?
Is there anything more comforting than a bowl of pumpkin soup on a cold winter day? This creamy, hearty soup is perfect for warming up your belly and satisfying your hunger.
Pumpkin soup is a deliciously creamy and flavorful soup that’s perfect for fall. This easy recipe is made with pumpkin, broth, garlic, ginger, and seasonings. It’s simple to make and can be customized to your taste. Give this comforting soup a try today!
This is an amazing creamy pumpkin soup recipe!
Ingredients Needed For Instant Pot Curried Pumpkin Soup
- Olive Oil: You can use this for sauting, but you can also use coconut oil.
- Onions: I used yellow baking onions, and diced them finely.
- Minced Garlic: Mince the garlic, and use fresh garlic.
- Ground Ginger: You can also use freshly minced ginger.
- Curry Powder: Adds the curry flavor to the soup!
- Ground Cumin: Adds a lot of flavors.
- Canned Pumpkin: Make sure to use fresh pumpkin or canned pumpkin. Not pumpkin pie filling.
- Vegetable Broth: You can use water as well, look for a good quality vegetable broth.
- Salt and Black Pepper: Also serve with them, for additional seasoning.
How To Make Pumpkin Soup In Instant Pot
Start by adding the olive oil to the Instant Pot. Then press the saute button. Once the oil is heated up (about 30 seconds), add the diced onions, and saute until they are softened.
Then add the garlic, and saute until the onions and garlic are softened and translucent.
Then mix in the ground ginger, curry powder, pumpkin, vegetable broth, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
Add your lid, making sure it’s locked into place and that the vent is turned to a sealed position. Then set the manual high pressure (or soup) for 15 minutes high pressure.
When the time is done, do a natural release. Open the lid and mix well.
Great Toppings For Curried Pumpkin Soup
Today, I topped off my Instant Pot Pumpkin Soup with some pepitas, but you can really top this with various toppings.
Some of my favorites are:
- Tortilla Chips
- Coconut Cream
- Greek Yogurt
- Pistachios or Peanuts
How To Make This Recipe On The Stovetop Pot
- If you do not have an Instant Pot don’t fret, you can make the same soup in a saucepan. Here is how to make it:
- Start by setting the olive oil, onions, and minced garlic. Mix until the onions are tender and translucent.
- Then add the spices, mix well, then pour in your vegetable broth and canned pumpkin. Continue to mix until everything is well combined.
- Reduce and simmer for about 25 to 30 minutes.
What Do You Eat With Instant Pot Pumpkin Soup?
I love eating this with a great big old piece of cornbread or salad. Some of my favorites recipes to pair this with are:
Is Pumpkin Keto Friendly?
Yes, since pumpkin is low in carbs, this is a very KETO-friendly soup. Since the pumpkin is very dense, it’s also very filling and will keep you full until your next meal.
There are about 10 grams of carbohydrates per cup of canned pumpkin but about 4 grams of fiber, making it about 6 net carbs in total. Remember to check your pumpkin to make sure that the label of the pumpkin you are using.
Variations To Pumpkin Soup:
Thai Curry Instant Pot Soup: Instead of the curry powder, replace it with Thai red curry paste.
- Creamer Soup: Add 1 cup of coconut milk, heavy whipping cream, or full-fat milk. All of the milk products will add extra creaminess to the soup!
- Spicy Pumpkin Soup: If you want some added heat to add 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder or 1/2 teaspoon red chili flakes to the soup. Or serve the pumpkin soup with these, so everyone can customize the soup to their own liking!
What To Serve With Pumpkin Soup
The weather is turning colder and the leaves are changing color, which can only mean one thing: it’s almost pumpkin season! Pumpkin soup is a great way to welcome in the fall weather, but what should you serve with it? Here are some ideas to get you started.
More Instant Pot Soup Recipes!
Looking for another soup, after trying my Instant Pot Pumpkin Soup? Here are some of my favorite Instant Pot Soup Recipes!
- INSTANT POT CHICKEN POT PIE SOUP
- INSTANT POT BROCCOLI AND CHEDDAR CHEESE SOUP
- HOW TO MAKE VEGETABLE BROTH IN THE INSTANT POT
- INSTANT POT HOMEMADE TOMATO SOUP
- INSTANT POT CHICKEN AND GNOCCHI SOUP (OLIVE GARDEN COPYCAT)
- EASY INSTANT POT NEW ENGLAND CLAM CHOWDER
- INSTANT POT CREAM OF BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP
Don’t Forget to Pin:
Instant Pot Curried Pumpkin Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup onions, diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups pumpkin, canned
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Start by adding the olive oil to the Instant Pot. Then press the saute button.
- Once the oil is heated up (about 30 seconds), add the diced onions, saute until they are softened.
- Then add the garlic, saute until the onions and garlic are softened and translucent.
- Then mix in the ground ginger, curry powder, pumpkin, vegetable broth, salt, and pepper. Mix well.
- Add your lid, making sure it's locked into place and that the vent is turned to a sealed position. Then set the manual high pressure (or soup) for 15 minutes high pressure.
- When the time is done, do a natural release. Open the lid and mix well.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Instant Pot