Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie Soup is amazing! It’s true comfort food! If you love chicken pot pie, you will absolutely love this! It’s the perfect fall meal, great on those busy weeknights!
Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie Soup is a great and delicious soup recipe, made in the Instant, and it’s so filling. It is one of my favorite recipes and true comfort food.
Who doesn’t love chicken pot pie? Today, I changed it up and made a traditional pot pie into a creamy and delicious soup.
If you have ever made chicken pot pie, you know how delicious it is, creamy, rich, and one of the best comfort foods you can make, and today, I added milk to the recipe and added some traditional spices to come up with one of the BEST Instant pot Soups, I have ever eaten.
If you love Soups made in the Instant Pot, my favorites are INSTANT POT CREAM OF BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP, INSTANT POT FRENCH ONION SOUP, INSTANT POT BROCCOLI AND CHEDDAR CHEESE SOUP, and INSTANT POT HOMEMADE TOMATO SOUP.
Easy Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie Soup Recipe
Winter is in full swing, and what better way to warm up than with a delicious bowl of chicken pot pie soup? This easy Instant Pot (Pressure Cooker) recipe takes less than 30 minutes to make and is perfect for a cozy night in. The best part? There’s no need to slave over a stovetop – the Instant Pot does all the work! So why wait? Grab your ingredients and get cooking!
Why You Will Love This Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- It is such an easy recipe!
- It is so delicious.
- Using the Instant Pot, you will have a tasty and delicious dinner on the table quicker than takeout.
- Best comfort food.
- It’s an excellent Dump Meal, add all of the ingredients, one bowl, and hardly any clean-up for you!
What Ingredients Are Needed For Easy Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- Chicken: Either use boneless skinless chicken breasts or boneless, skinless chicken thighs. A great idea is to use shredded (leftover chicken) rotisserie chicken.
- Chicken Broth or Stock: Look for low-sodium, or use chicken broth or chicken stock.
- Onions: Use white chopped onions!
- Frozen Vegetables: A great time saver!
- Milk: Use a dairy free alternative, coconut milk or heavy cream.
- Cornstarch: This will help thicken your soup!
- Spices and Seasonings: Thyme, Fennel Seed and Poultry Seasoning
How To Make Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie Soup
Step One: In your Instant Pot, place the chicken, broth, and onions. Set the manual high pressure and cooking time for 15 minutes, secure the lid, make sure the pressure valve is sealed, and do a quick release after 10 minutes.
Step Two: Transfer the chicken to a bowl, and shred the chicken. Skip This step if you are using rotisserie chicken (leftover chicken breasts)
Step Three: Then place the shredded chicken back into the Instant Pot, add the frozen vegetables, and stir.
Step Four: Then add the milk, press the saute button, and heat until hot. Stir in the cornstarch. Ladle into bowls.
- Frozen Onions: You can use frozen onions for this recipe; check in your frozen food aisle.
- Pasta: If you want, add noodles to the recipe; when you add the milk, add the noodles or pasta.
- Dairy: You can make this recipe by using dairy-free milk. I have used Almond Milk, Coconut Cream, and even Lactaid-free options.
- Seasonings: You can add some garlic powder, fresh thyme, black pepper, bay leaf, Italian seasoning, or fresh herbs for added flavor.
- Gluten Free: This recipe is naturally gluten-free, just remember to check your labels
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use When Making This Soup?
This recipe is very adaptable, and you can use any Instant Pot you own. Although this recipe was not tested with the 3 quarts, you would have to divide the recipe in half.
How do you make chicken pot pie soup with biscuits?
The biscuits are prepared on the side. Make them per the oven instructions, or air fry them up! YOu can also make puff pastry, cook it in the oven, and then place it on top when you are ready to serve your pressure cooker chicken pot pie
What To Serve With Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie Soup?
This is a one-pot meal; you do not need to serve it with anything. You have the shredded chicken and vegetables. And of course a biscuit, or noodles in the soup.
It’s a comforting meal; I sometimes serve it with a garden salad.
How To Store
This is the perfect comfort food and perfect for the next day! If you have any leftover Creamy Chicken Pot Pie Soup, let it cool to room temperature and place it in an airtight container. It will last for 2-3 days in the refrigerator.
If you want to freeze the soup, you can ladle the room-temperature soup into freezer-safe containers. Where it will last for 3-4 months.
How To Reheat
Add any leftover soup to a large saucepan and heat over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until warm.
What To Serve With Delicious Chicken Pot Pie Soup
I love serving this delicious recipe with either homemade biscuits or puff pastry biscuits with cream of chicken soup, it’s fantastic and a complete meal that the entire family will love!
More Instant Pot Soup Recipes
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- 1 pound chicken
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup onions, peeled and diced
- 16 ounces vegetables, frozen
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
Serve with Biscuits
- In your Instant Pot, place the chicken, broth, and onions. Set the manual high pressure for 15 minutes (make sure the vent is sealed) and do a quick release after 10 minutes.
- Then transfer the chicken to a bowl, and shred the chicken.
- Then place the shredded chicken back to the Instant Pot, add the frozen vegetables and spices, and stir.
- Then add the milk, press the saute button, and heat until hot. Stir in the cornstarch.
- Ladle into bowls.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Instant Pot, or Ninja Foodi