Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie Soup is a great and delicious soup recipe, made in the Instant, and it’s so filling. It one of my favorite recipes, and it’s true comfort food.
Who doesn’t love chicken pot pie? Today, I changed it up and made a traditional pot pie into a creamy and delicious soup.
If you have ever made chicken pot pie, you know how delicious it is, creamy, rich, and one of the best comfort foods you can make, and today, I added milk to the recipe and added some traditional spices to come up with one of the BEST Instant pot Soups, I have ever eaten.
If you love Soups made in the Instant Pot, some of my favorites are INSTANT POT CREAM OF BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP, INSTANT POT FRENCH ONION SOUP, INSTANT POT BROCCOLI AND CHEDDAR CHEESE SOUP and INSTANT POT HOMEMADE TOMATO SOUP.
Why You Will Love This Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- It is so easy.
- It is so delicious.
- You will have a tasty and delicious dinner on the table quicker than takeout by using the Instant Pot.
- True comfort food.
Ingredients Needed For Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie Soup
- Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Chicken Broth or Stock
- Frozen Vegetables
- Thyme, Fennel Seed and Poultry Seasoning
How To Make Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie Soup
In your Instant Pot, place the chicken, broth, and onions. Set the manual high pressure for 15 minutes (make sure the vent is sealed) and do a quick release after 10 minutes.
Transfer the chicken to a bowl, and shred the chicken.
Then place the shredded chicken back to the Instant Pot, add the frozen vegetables, and stir.
Then add the milk, press the saute button, and heat until hot. Stir in the cornstarch. Ladle into bowls.
Some Pro Tips:
- You can use frozen onions for this recipe, check in your frozen food aisle.
- If you want you can add noodles in the recipe, when you add the milk, add the noodles or pasta.
- You can make this recipe by using dairy free milk. I have used Almond Milk.
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use When Making This Soup?
This recipe is very adaptable, and you can use any Instant Pot that you own. Although this recipe was not tested with the 3 quarts, I believe you would have to divide the recipe in half.
How do you make chicken pot pie soup with biscuits?
The biscuits are prepared on the side. Make them per the oven instructions, or air fry them up!
What To Serve With Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie Soup?
This is truly a one-pot meal, and you do not need to serve it with anything. You have the shredded chicken and vegetables. And of course a biscuit, or noodles in the soup.
It’s a comforting meal, I sometimes serve with a garden salad.
Some Other Great Instant Pot Soup Recipes
Don’t Forget To Pin-
- 1 pound of chicken
- 2 cups of chicken broth
- 1/2 cup of diced and peeled onion
- 16 ounces of frozen vegetables
- 2 cups of milk
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- Prepared Biscuits for serving
- In your Instant Pot, place the chicken, broth, and onions. Set the manual high pressure for 15 minutes (make sure the vent is sealed) and do a quick release after 10 minutes.
- Then transfer the chicken to a bowl, and shred the chicken.
- Then place the shredded chicken back to the Instant Pot, add the frozen vegetables and spices, and stir.
- Then add the milk, press the saute button, and heat until hot. Stir in the cornstarch.
- Ladle into bowls.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 320Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 80mgSodium: 490mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 4gSugar: 5gProtein: 25g