There is nothing better than a rich, creamy, and delicious bowl of Instant Pot New England Clam Chowder. And with the Instant Pot, it takes less than 20 minutes from start to finish! so, when you are looking for an amazing and hearty meal, this is one of the best!
Instant Pot New England Clam Chowder is one of my favorite Instant Pot Soups. This is a great take on a homemade version of a traditional New England Clam Chowder.
If you are looking for a great and comforting soup on a cold, blustery day, this is a great one, and with the Instant Pot, it’s so easy! There is nothing better than a soup that comes together without much intervention or work on your part!
If you have been looking for a great way to use your new Instant Pot or Ninja Foodi, there is no other better recipe than a homemade Instant Pot Easy New England Clam Chowder.
If you become soup obsessed, there are so many great Instant Pot or Ninja Foodi Soup recipes that you can try!
Some of my favorite Instant Pot and Ninja Foodi Soup Recipes are INSTANT POT CHICKEN POT PIE SOUP, INSTANT POT FRENCH ONION SOUP, INSTANT POT CREAM OF BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP, and INSTANT POT BROCCOLI AND CHEDDAR CHEESE SOUP.
What Is New England Clam Chowder?
New England Clam Chowder, also known as Boston Clam Chowder, is always white since one of the ingredients is milk or cream.
This is very different from Manhattan Clam Chowder, where the waiter will serve you a red soup. Since the star ingredients in Manhattan Clam Chowder is either tomato juice or tomato paste.
My kids actually became obsessed with this soup with Panera Clam Chowder Recipe!
Ingredients Needed For Instant Pot New England Clam Chowder
- Olive Oil: You can also use any high-heat oil, such as grapeseed oil, avocado oil, or even coconut oil.
- Vegetables: Onions and Potatoes
- Vegetable Broth This is the base of your soup
- Clams: Canned clams or fresh, clam is so easy for this reipe.
- Clam Juice: You can either use clam broth vs clam juice!
- Half and Half: This is how to thicken clam chowder
- Seasonings: Salt, Black Pepper, and Minced Garlic
How To Make Instant Pot New England Clam Chowder
Start by adding the olive oil to the Instant Pot Bowl. Press the sauté button, allow the oil to heat up for about 30 seconds, and then add the onions, sauté for about a minute, occasionally stirring, so the onions do not burn.
Then add the cubed potatoes, salt, pepper, clam juice, and vegetable broth. Place your lid on the pressure cooker, and then set manual high pressure for 10 minutes. Make sure that your vent is in the sealing position.
When the display shows L000, do a quick release. Mix in the half and half clams, minced garlic, and mix well. Plate, serve and enjoy!
Pro Tips For Instant Pot Clam Chowder:
- Preparation Time: Since the Instant Pot Soups cook up so quickly, you really want to cut all of your vegetables ahead of time, so you can add them in as you need them.
- Constantly Stir: This way, you do not get a burn notice as your soup cooks. The Burn notice usually means that an ingredient, usually an onion or potato, is stuck on the bottom of your Instant Pot Bowl and has gotten too hot!
- Valve Closed: Make sure your steam valve is closed. Otherwise, you will soon need a paint job in your kitchen.
What is the Instant Pot Soup Setting?
Since there are so many different types of Instant Pot on the market and available, if you have a soup setting, you can use it, but if you do not, you can use the manual high-pressure setting.
The soup setting is a great way to get a great bowl of soup on the table as it slowly simmers your soup.
How do you reheat soup in your Instant Pot?
If you already prepared your soup and would like to reheat the soup leftovers in your Instant Pot, pour the soup into the Instant Pot.
Then press the saute button, which will rehat your soup. Heat until warmed through, remembering to stir as the soup heats up.
What Can You Use For the Vegetable Broth?
Today, I used simple canned vegetable broth.
What To Serve Instant Pot New England Clam Chowder With?
Traditionally this soup is served with either Saltines or Oyster crackers. That makes for a great crunch as you dive into your soup.
My family’s favorite is serving this Instapot clam chowder in a bread bowl. Which you can purchase at either Panera or even at Walmart!
More Instant Pot Soup Recipes!
If you love this recipe for Instant Pot Clam Chowder, check out this recipe. They are fabulous. And remember you can also make Ninja Foodi Clam Chowder using the same recipe!
- INSTANT POT CHICKEN POT PIE SOUP
- INSTANT POT CREAM OF BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP
- HOW TO MAKE VEGETABLE BROTH IN THE INSTANT POT
- INSTANT POT BROCCOLI AND CHEDDAR CHEESE SOUP
- INSTANT POT HOMEMADE TOMATO SOUP
- NINJA FOODI SOUTHWESTERN CHILI
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 3 cups peeled and cubed potatoes
- 8 ounces clam juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups half and half
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 (6.5 ounces) minced clam (found in the same aisle as the tuna)
- Start by adding the olive oil to the Instant Pot Bowl. Press the sauté button, allow the oil to heat up for about 30 seconds, and then add the onions, sauté for about a minute, occasionally stirring, so the onions do not burn.
- Then add the cubed potatoes, salt, pepper, clam juice, and vegetable broth.
- Place your lid on the Instant Pot, and then set manual high pressure for 10 minutes. Make sure that your vent is in the sealing position.
- When the display shows L000, do a quick release.
- Mix in the half and half clams, minced garlic, and mix well.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 346Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 58mgSodium: 705mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 3gSugar: 8gProtein: 13g
ForkToSpoon.com occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although we try to attempt to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.
Don’t Forget To Pin