If you’re looking for a delicious and hearty chili recipe, look no further than this Ninja Foodi southwestern chili. Packed with flavor, this dish is sure to please! Plus, it’s easy to prepare and perfect for a winter meal. Give it a try tonight!
There is nothing better on a cold wintery day than a hot bowl of Ninja Foodi Southwestern Chili. Made with wholesome ingredients and instantly made in my Foodi it provides a great and comforting meal.
If you have never made Chili in your pressure cooker, either the Instant Pot or Ninja Foodi, or another brand, it is amazing. Today, I made a traditional Southwestern Chili using ground beef, black beans, corn jalapenos, and traditional southwestern spices. And came up with one of my family’s favorite soups.
There is nothing better on a rainy or snowy day than a huge bowl of soup, it is so comforting, and it’s a great meal for the entire family to enjoy!
While I made this soup in less than 30 minutes from start to finish, the taste is the same, as if your Grandmother made it over the stove.
If you are looking for even more Ninja Foodi Recipes, some of my favorites are NINJA FOODI RUM RAISIN RICE PUDDING, NINJA FOODI CHICKEN PAD THAI, LOADED NINJA FOODI POTATOES and one of my first NINJA FOODI Recipes NINJA FOODI GRILL STEAK.
WHY MAKE CHILI IN THE NINJA FOODI?
The best reason to make this besides the taste is that it’s so easy. Here are some other great reasons for you to make it today,
- Taste is amazing if it will remind you of homemade, but pressure cooked in less than 15 minutes, dinner never was so delicious and fast.
- One Bowl for clean-up. Using your Instant Pot or Foodi, you only have one bowl to clean at the meal’s end.
- Healthy, this is a relatively healthy meal. If you want to make it even healthier, then change out the ground beef or either ground chicken or ground turkey.
Ingredients Needed For Ninja Foodi Southwestern Chili
- Vegetable Oil
- Diced Onions
- Ground Beef
- Black Beans
- Rotel Diced Tomatoes (with Green Chilies)
- Chicken Broth of Stock
- Spices: Chili Powder, Smoked Paprika, Salt, Cumin, Oregano
- Garnishes: Sour Cream, Jalapeno, Diced Scallions
How To Make Ninja Foodi Southwestern Chili
In your Ninja Foodi or Instant Pot Bowl, add the vegetable oil, press the saute button, allow the oil to heat up for about 1 minute, then add the diced onions. Saute for another 3 to 4 minutes, or until softened.
Add your ground beef, and saute until it’s fully cooked. Add in the rest of the ingredients, and mix well.
Add the top of the Instant Pot or the Ninja Foodi, and set the manual high pressure for 15 minutes. When the time is up, do a natural release.
Garnish with fresh jalapenos, sour cream, and cheese.
Some Time Savings Tricks To Making This Chili Even Faster:
- Use frozen or pre-cut onions, this will make your meal prep extra speedy.
- While the chili is pressure cooking, line up your toppings, and then serve the bowls, and have your family garnish as they wish.
CAN YOU MAKE THIS CHILI RECIPE ON THE STOVETOP?
This is the same recipe my mother used while I was growing up. To make it on the stovetop, add all of the ingredients and simmer for about 20 minutes.
HOW DO YOU STORE LEFTOVER SOUP?
If you have any leftover soup, let the soup cool to room temperature and then place it in an airtight container. Place the airtight container into the refrigerator. The soup will last about 2 to 3 days.
If you want to freeze this soup, prepare the soup as directed in the recipe below.
Let the soup cool to room temperature and place in a freezer container. Seal and place into the freezer; it should last about 1 to 2 months.
To reheat the soup from frozen, place the frozen soup into the refrigerator, and let it thaw. Transfer the thawed soup to a saucepan and simmer for about 10 minutes.
WHAT IS A NINJA FOODI?
This year, a Ninja Foodi is so popular because it combines two appliances: the Pressure Cooker and an Air Fryer. It is very much like the new Instant Pot Lid. It changes out the lid for each function, one lid for the Pressure Cooker and one lid for the Air Fryer.
This is the Air Fryer I used in this recipe–(affiliate link)
Ninja Foodi Southwestern Chili
This is such a healthy and delicious chili. Made with traditional Southwestern Spices and Ingredients, this will soon become one of your family's favorites.
- 1 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 pound lean ground beef (80/20)
- 15 ounces black beans, (canned, drained)
- 10 ounces Rotel Chipotle Diced Tomatoes with Chilies
- 1 cup corn (canned, drained)
- 1 cup Chicken Broth or Stock
- 1/4 chili powder (less if you do not want it spicy)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon dried oregnano
- Optional: Garnish with sliced jalapeno, sour cream, salsa, cheese, etc.
- In your Ninja Foodi or Instant Pot Bowl, add the vegetable oil, press the saute button, allow the oil to heat up for about 1 minute, then add the diced onions. Saute for another 3 to 4 minutes, or until softened.
- Add your ground beef, and saute until it's fully cooked. Add in the rest of the ingredients, and mix well.
- Add the top of the Instant Pot or the Ninja Foodi, and set the manual high pressure for 15 minutes. When the time is up, do a natural release.
- Garnish with fresh jalapenos, sour cream, and cheese.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 384Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 75mgSodium: 937mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 8gSugar: 5gProtein: 32g
ForkToSpoon.com occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although we try to attempt to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.
Leave a Reply