This is the recipe for the people, that wanted to eliminate the chicken. I never got so many requests. And, I’m truly sorry, that I haven’t responded, as I have gotten over 600 Facebook messages.
Here are the simple steps to make it in your own Instant Pot, because it’s a keeper and my kids loved it, and I served it with some homemade crab rangoon.
Don’t Forget To Pin–Print
This is a really easy recipe for copycat Chinese Vegetable Fried Rice. It’s so easy to make, and the use of frozen vegetables make it a pantry ready meal. It’s kid-friendly and a family favorite.
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons of garlic
- 1 egg
- 1 cup of uncooked basmati rice
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- 1 1/2 cup of vegetable broth or stock
- 1/2 cup of mixed frozen vegetables
- In your Instant Pot, place the oil, then press the saute setting. When the oil heats up, add the onion and garlic, saute for about 1 minute.
- Then add the egg, and scramble it for another minute.
- Add the rice, soy sauce, broth, and mix well.
- Set the rice option for 10 minutes, making sure that the vent is closed.
- When the rice is done, release the steam.
- Remove the lid, mix well, and then add the frozen vegetables.
Keywords: vegetable fried rice, rice, vegan