Note: Affiliate links are included in this post
This is one of my favorite things to make in the Instant Pot, especially since I am always rushing around. It’s is so effortless, and warm and comforting all at the same time.
This makes for a very easy, healthy and hearty dinner, especially in the winter months. It’s also a great dish in the summer months when all of the fresh vegetables are available.
Now, that I have my Instant Pot, I’m all set to create some wonderful, healthy and delicious meals.
Add the spices, garlic, broth and rice. Mix well. Continue with the directions in the recipe,
When done, add the cooked broccoli.
Then mix in the cheese.
Things Used In This Recipe:
Don’t Forget To Pin:
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 2 pounds of chicken, boneless and skinless chicken breast, cut up
- 1 teaspoon of garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic (more if you like garlic)
- 1 and 1/3 cup of rice (long grain)
- 1 and 1/3 cup of chicken broth
- 1 cup of steamed broccoli (already cooked)
- 1 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- Start by pressing the saute ‘button on your Instant Pot, then add the butter, saute’ the butter, until it’s melted, then add the onions and chicken and saute’ until the onions are translucent (about 4-5 minutes)
- Then add the rice, chicken broth, spices, garlic and mix well.
- Then add your lid, make sure that the vent is sealed.
- Set the manual high pressure for 5 minutes. When the timer beeps do a quick release.
- Then add the previously steamed broccoli (look for it in the produce department in a steamer bag, you can just place in the microwave)
- Mix it in, then add the cheese, continue to stir until all of the ingredients are mixed well.