Instant Pot Southern Deviled Eggs — The Instant Pot is a kitchen appliance that can cook food way faster than any other cooking method. It’s perfect for those of us who don’t have much time to cook and still want healthy, delicious meals. With this recipe, you’ll learn how to make Southern Deviled Eggs in your Instant Pot!
This dish comes together quickly and easily- all you need are eggs, mayo, mustard, salt & pepper, paprika (optional), green onions (optional), and pickles (optional). The best part about these deviled eggs? You can customize it with whatever toppings you like or have on hand! So go ahead and get started – everyone will love this quick breakfast treat.
This article is for all of you Southern cooks out there. One of the essential items in any cook’s kitchen is eggs, and this recipe will show you how to make perfect Instant Pot Southern Deviled Eggs. This dish is a staple in many kitchens, but it can be tricky to make them! If your family enjoys deviled eggs as much as mine does, then this recipe is for you!
If you have been looking for some great Instant Pot Appetizers, some of my favorite recipes are INSTANT POT BBQ MEATBALLS, PRESSURE COOKER, INSTANT POT-CINNAMON-SUGAR ROASTED PECANS.
What Are Deviled Eggs?
Who doesn’t love a little protein in the morning? Deviled eggs are the perfect breakfast food, but what exactly is it, and how do I make them? Read on to learn all about this delicious dish!
Deviled eggs are an egg salad sandwich that you can eat for breakfast or as an appetizer. They’re made by boiling hard-boiled eggs until they reach desired consistency and then filling the inside with mayonnaise, mustard, salt, and pepper. It’s vital to use ingredients that complement each other such as Dijon mustard, if you’re using vinegar or paprika using cayenne pepper. You can also add things like relish, capers, or olives for some extra flavor!
WHY ARE DEVILED EGGS SO POPULAR?
Why do I love deviled eggs? They are delicious! No knives or forks are required.
As if we needed another reason to stuff my face with them, they make great finger food that you can pick up and eat!
WHY ARE THEY CALLED DEVILED EGGS?
Deviled eggs are a popular appetizer and party food, but did you know that the name “deviled” comes from the word “devil”?
Yes, it does. However, these deviled eggs don’t contain any actual devils or demons. They’re just tasty! Back in the 1780s, any food that was considered spicey was associated with the devils.
Ingredients Needed For Instant Pot Southern Deviled Eggs
- Hard-Boiled Eggs
- Sweet Pickle Relish
- Black Pepper
- Optional: Sweet Gherkin
How To Make Instant Pot Southern Deviled Eggs
Start by placing 1 cup of water in your Instant Pot bowl. Then add the trivet into your Instant Pot. Set the eggs onto the trivet. Add your lid, and make sure it’s sealed. Set the timer for 5 minutes at high pressure. When the timer beeps, after 5 minutes, do a quick release.
Then place the eggs in ice water. Either place the eggs in the refrigerator to cool. Then cut the eggs in half and scoop out the yolk, place the yolks into a bowl. Once you remove all of the yolks from the eggs, mash the yolks up using a fork.
Add the mayonnaise, mustard, relish salt, and pepper, and stir until well combined and smooth. Once the yolk mixture is smooth, add it to a piping bag and pipe it into the empty white shells. Then add a dash of paprika and a slice of gherkin.
MORE EASY INSTANT POT RECIPES:
- INSTANT POT ITALIAN WEDDING SOUP
- INSTANT POT PORK CHOPS IN MUSHROOM GRAVY
- EASY INSTANT POT PORK FRIED RICE
- INSTANT POT PASTA AND MEATBALLS
- COPY CAT PANERA MAC N CHEESE IN THE INSTANT POT
- INSTANT POT COCONUT JASMINE RICE
- 6 eggs (hardboiled, as in directions)
- 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon of mustard
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- paprika, for garnishing
- sweet gherkin, for garnishing
- Start by placing 1 cup of water in your Instant Pot bowl.
- Then add the trivet into your Instant Pot.
- Set the eggs onto the trivet.
- Add your lid, and make sure it’s sealed.
- Set the timer for 5 minutes at high pressure. When the timer beeps, after 5 minutes, do a quick release.
- Then place the eggs in ice water. Either place the eggs in the refrigerator to cool.
- Then cut the eggs in half and scoop out the yolk, place the yolks into a bowl.
- Once you remove all of the yolks from the eggs, mash the yolks up using a fork.
- Add the mayonnaise, mustard, relish salt, and pepper, and stir until well combined and smooth.
- Once the yolk mixture is smooth, add it to a piping bag and pipe it into the empty white shells.
- Then add a dash of paprika and a slice of gherkin.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 130Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 189mgSodium: 271mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 7g
ForkToSpoon.com occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although we try to attempt to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.