Instant Pot Pork Chops in Mushroom Gravy –Pork chops are a favorite among many, but sometimes you want to mix it up and serve something different. These Instant Pot Pork Chops in Mushroom Gravy will do the trick! With just a few minutes of prep time and then an hour or so cooking time (depending on thickness), this is one dinner your family will love! Give these Instant Pot Pork Chops in Mushroom Gravy a try tonight for your next meal.
One of the most popular Instant Pot recipes is a recipe for pork chops. Pork Chops in Mushroom Gravy are a hearty and delicious meal that will satisfy your whole family.
It takes less than thirty minutes to prepare, and it’s gluten-free with no added sugar. This dish is perfect for any night of the week! The Instant Pot cooks these pork chops perfectly, so they come out juicy on the inside and crispy on the outside. Enjoy this dish tonight!
If you have been looking for some great meals that you can make right in your Instant Pot or Ninja Foodi, this is one of the best! And it’s full of flavor!
INSTANT POT PORK CHOPS WITH MUSHROOM GRAVY
This recipe is for all you cooks out there who are looking to make something new and delicious. If you’re not sure what it’s like to cook with an Instant Pot, then this is the perfect opportunity for you! We want to share some of our best recipes that can be made in just minutes using your Instant Pot. This one takes only minutes total prep time, including cooking time! It’s so easy and quick – we bet you’ll get addicted after trying it once. Let us know how it goes by leaving a comment below 🙂
Ingredients Needed For Instant Pot Pork Chops in Mushroom Gravy
- Olive Oil
- Pork Chops, Bone-In or Boneless
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Black Pepper
- Dried Thyme
- Beef Stock
- Heavy Cream
How To Make Instant Pot Pork Chops in Mushroom Gravy
Mix the paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, salt, and thyme in a small bowl, and then season your pork chops. Then press saute on your Instant Pot, allow the Instant Pot up for about 30 seconds, and add your olive oil. Give it a minute to heat up. Then brown the pork chops on all sides—about 3 minutes per side.
Then remove the pork chops from the Instant Pot. Add your onions and mushrooms, beef stock, and saute for a couple of minutes.
Then add in your pork chops. Place your lid on the Instant Pot, and make sure it’s sealed. Set the manual high pressure for 12 minutes. When the timer beeps, do a natural release.
Then remove the pork chops, press the saute’ button, bring the sauce to a boil, and mix the heavy cream. Bring the cream sauce to a simmer, and stir until it’s thickened. To serve: Place a pork chop on the plate, and then pour some of the sauce over it.
- In general, thinner pieces will not have as much tasty goodness, so opt for thicker ones that have been thinned out on both sides – this gives them more surface area where there’s potential flavor from each cutlet while also helping deliver quicker cooking times too.
- The gravy browner will add more depth of color and an extra layer between your guests’ taste buds, with a richly satisfying flavor all its own. A few tablespoons go surprisingly far in creating the perfect patina for any Thanksgiving or special dinner entree – especially if you’re looking to darken it up!
- This recipe was tested in an Instant Pot 6qt Duo. However, adjustments may be needed for different sizes of pressure cookers as well!
- If you’re using frozen pork chops, allow the Instant Pot longer than usual to come up with pressure.
How long to cook Pork Chops in the Instant Pot
The best way to judge if any meat is fully cooked before removing it from the Instant Pot is to use a meat thermometer. The USDA recommends that the meat is fully cooked when it reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees F.
For Bone-In Pork Chops:
The average time is about 15 to 18 minutes, depending on how thick the pork chops are;
For Boneless Pork Chops:
The average time is 8 to 10 minutes for medium-sized pork chops. It is not recommended that you use thin pork chops because they will become dried out.
What to serve with Pork Chops
The perfect accompaniment to pork chops is something hearty and filling, like mashed potatoes or rice. But what if you need a lighter dish? And if pork chops are the star of the meal? Meat-free options for side dishes include green beans with almonds, asparagus with butter and Parmesan cheese, roasted Brussels sprouts with bacon bits, or other crispy fried vegetables.
Some of my favorite Instant Pot Side Dishes are:
- INSTANT POT MASHED POTATOES
- INSTANT POT BAKED POTATOES
- EASY INSTANT POT PORK FRIED RICE
- INSTANT POT STUFFING
- INSTANT POT CHICKEN AND RICE
- EASY INSTANT POT FARRO
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 6 pork chops (bone in or boneless)
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 16 ounces of mushrooms, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups of beef stock
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- Mix the paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, salt, and thyme in a small bowl, and then season your pork chops.
- Then press saute on your Instant Pot, allow the Instant Pot up for about 30 seconds, and add your olive oil. Give it a minute to heat up.
- Then brown the pork chops on all sides—about 3 minutes per side.
- Then remove the pork chops from the Instant Pot.
- Add your onions and mushrooms, beef stock, and saute for a couple of minutes.
- Then add in your pork chops.
- Place your lid on the Instant Pot, and make sure it’s sealed.
- Set the manual high pressure for 12 minutes. When the timer beeps, do a natural release.
- Then remove the pork chops, press the saute’ button and bring the sauce to a boil, then mix in the heavy cream.
- Bring the cream sauce to a simmer, and stir until it’s thickened.
- To serve: Place a pork chop on the plate, and then pour some of the sauce over it.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 524Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 177mgSodium: 571mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 45g
ForkToSpoon.com occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although we try to attempt to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.