Note: Affiliate links are included in this post
Saute the mushroom and onions.
Kitchen Items Used:
Pressure Cooker (Instant Pot)-Smothered Pork Chops
Recipe type: Pressure Cooker, Instant Pot, Pork
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 6 pork chops (bone in or boneless)
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 16 ounces of mushrooms, sliced
- 1½ cups of beef stock
- 1 cup of heavy cream
- In a small bowl, mix together the paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, salt, and thyme, and then season your pork chops.
- Then press saute on your Instant Pot, allow the Instant Pot up for about 30 seconds, and then add your olive oil. Give it a minute to heat up.
- Then brown the pork chops, on all sides. About 3 minutes per side.
- Then remove the pork chops, from the Instant Pot.
- Add your onions and mushrooms, beef stock and saute for a couple of minutes.
- Then add in your pork chops.
- Place your lid on the Instant Pot, and make sure it's on sealed.
- Set the manual high pressure for 12 minutes, when the timer beeps, do a natural release.
- Then remove the pork chops, press the saute' button and bring the sauce to a boil, then mix in the heavy cream.
- Bring the cream sauce to a simmer, and stir until it's thickened.
- To serve: Place a pork chop on the plate, and then pour some of the sauce over it.