Breaded pork chops are a really easy meal to make in the air fryer. They only take about 20 minutes from start to finish. This is one of the easiest dinners you can make in the air fryer, and it’s a popular dish with kids, just serve it alongside a dipping sauce.
The air fryer does a great job of keeping the outside light and crispy while keeping the juiciness of the pork chop. This is a really light breading made with panko bread crumbs and cornflakes and a few spices.
The secret to the crispiness of this dish is the egg. The egg really does a great job of coating the pork chops, before the breading.
Ingredients for the Breaded Pork Chops–
Most of these items can be found in your pantry. As with most of my recipes, I am not looking for you to go to a hundred stores, to create one meal. All of these ingredients can be found in your pantry or at your local grocery store.
These pork chops can go with anything, serve it with a simple salad, or some roasted potatoes. Anything that you have on hand. It’s a blank slate for your meal.
How to Air Fry Breaded Pork Chops–
The simple truth about breading anything is that you need to set up your stations, usually a wet bowl and a dry bowl.
In today’s recipe, we set up two bowls, one with the beaten egg.
In the other bowl, we mixed a combination of panko bread crumbs, cornflake crumbs, sweet paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and chili powder.
The secret is to completely cover the pork chop with the egg mixture and then dredge it into the dry mix. I usually use my hands, and really make sure the pork chop is coated.
As you coat them, place them into the air fryer basket or tray, which needs to be sprayed with olive oil, prior to laying your pork chops in them.
The secret to crisping up any bread batter in the air fryer is to generously coat the entire bread product with olive oil. Without olive oil, your breading will never crisp up.
Here Are Some of My Other Tried & True Air Fryer Recipes–
Don’t Forget to Pin–
Air Fryer, Breaded Pork Chops
This is a really easy homemade boneless or bone-in pork chop coating mix, that you can make in your own home. Most of the items, you will easily have on hand. They are great and easy to make and give the pork chops a great coating.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 12
- Total Time: 17
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 4 bone-in or boneless pork chops
- 1 egg
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2/3 cups cornflake crumbs
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Start by seasoning the pork chops with salt and pepper.
- Then in one bowl, crack the egg and beat it.
- Then in another bowl, mix together the panko bread crumbs, cornflake crumbs, sweet paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and chili powder.
- Then dredge your pork chop into the egg.
- And then into the seasoning mix.
- As you coat the pork chops with the seasoning mix, place them on a sprayed tray or basket (either non-stick cooking spray or olive oil).
- Use olive oil and spray your coating mix, otherwise, your coating will end up dry and with white or brown spots.
- Place your tray or basket in the air fryer, and set the temperature to 360 degrees F, for 6 minutes, after 6 minutes, flip the pork chop, spray again with olive oil, and set the timer for another 6 minutes.
- Note: Pork chops are done when the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F.
- Then plate, serve, and enjoy!
Keywords: breaded bone in pork chops in air fryer fried pork chops in air fryer with flour air fryer pork chops with flour air fryer pork chops no breading keto air fryer pork chops air fryer bone in pork chops no breading stuffed pork chops in air fryer pork chops in air fryer oven