Air Fryer Breaded Pork Chops – The best breaded pork chops are made in the air fryer. Air fryers are perfect for cooking food evenly, which means that your breading will be crispy on all sides of the chop. This recipe is simple and can be made in 20 minutes, with no need for frying or oil!
Why I Love Old Fashioned Breaded Pork Chops
Breaded pork chops are a really easy meal to make in the air fryer. They only take about 20 minutes from start to finish. This is one of the easiest dinners you can make in the air fryer, and it’s a popular dish with kids, just serve it alongside a dipping sauce.
The air fryer does a great job of keeping the outside light and crispy while keeping the juiciness of the pork chop. This is a really light breading made with panko bread crumbs and cornflakes and a few spices.
The secret to the crispiness of this dish is the egg. The egg really does a great job of coating the pork chops, before the breading.
If you are looking for even more Air Fryer Pork Chop Recipes, some of my favorite recipes are AIR FRYER PORK TENDERLOIN, AIR FRYER TERIYAKI PORK TENDERLOIN, AIR FRYER GINGER PORK DUMPLINGS, and AIR FRYER PORK RIB TIPS.
Ingredients for Breaded Pork Chops
Most of these items can be found in your pantry. As with most of my recipes, I am not looking for you to go to a hundred stores, to create one meal. All of these ingredients can be found in your pantry or at your local grocery store.
These tender breaded pork chops can go with anything, serve it with a simple salad, or some roasted potatoes. Anything that you have on hand. It’s a blank slate for your meal.
- Pork Chops – Bone-In or Boneless, both work perfectly fine.
- Egg – this is what helps all the crispiness stick to the pork chop.
- Bread Crumbs – I love Panko bread crumbs for this dish as they’re lovely and light, however if you can’t find them, regular breadcrumbs will work.
- Cornflake Crumbs – This is what gives us the real crunch the the breaded pork chops. If you don’t want to but the crumbs, you can blend or smash up some ordinary cornflakes!
- Sweet Paprika – This isn’t spicy, it’s a little bit fruity, a little bit tart, and perfectly sweet. If you do like it hot n spicy, you can always add some chili powder!
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
- Chili Powder
- Black Pepper
How to Make Air Fryer Breaded Pork Chops
Start by seasoning the pork chops with salt and pepper. Then in one bowl, crack the egg and beat it.
In another bowl, mix together the panko bread crumbs, cornflake crumbs, sweet paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and chili powder.
Then dredge your pork chop into the egg. And then into the seasoning mix.
As you coat the pork chops with the seasoning mix, place them on a sprayed tray or basket (either non-stick cooking spray or olive oil). Use olive oil and spray your coating mix, otherwise, your coating will end up dry and with white or brown spots.
Place your tray or basket in the air fryer, and set the temperature to 360°F, for 6 minutes, after 6 minutes, flip the pork chop, spray again with olive oil, and set the timer for another 6 minutes.
How Long to Cook Breaded Pork Chops in Air Fryer
The time will vary based on what you are using for pork chops, either bone-in or boneless. And the air fryer that you are using.
The average time is about 12 to 18 minutes. Make sure to flip halfway during the cooking process.
How to Make Oven Baked Breaded Pork Chops
Prepare the recipe as directed below, and then place the prepared pork chops in a preheated oven at 375°F for 20-25 minutes.
How to Cook Pork Chops Without Drying Them Out
There are two ways to make sure that you get perfect pork chops from the air fryer. The first is to coat the pork chops breading with cooking spray. This helps the coating become crispy!
The other is to watch your pork chops as they cook up. For pork chops to be tender, you must remove them when the internal temperature reaches 145°F.
Yes, make a batch of Air Fryer Breaded Pork Chops and then place them into an airtight container. Set in the refrigerator, they will last for about 2 to 3 days.
Reheat in the microwave or air fryer. Heat until warmed through.
Yes, you can freeze Air Fryer Breaded Pork Chops once cooked.
For best results, let the pork chops thaw in the refrigerator overnight before reheating in the air fryer or microwave. Heat until warmed through.
No, you need to keep plenty of space around each chop to let the air circulate so the panko breadcrumb coating can crisp up properly.
The secret for the best way to cook pork chops
For a great and juicy air fryer pork chop. Spray the pork chops with cooking spray after coating them, this will help perfectly crisp up the pork chops.
What is the correct Internal Temperature for pork chops?
The best way to tell if meat is fully cooked in the air fryer or oven is to use a meat thermometer. When the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F, remove the meat from the air fryer.
Breaded Pork Chop Side Dishes
These are some of my favorite side dishes that I like to pair with this recipe for air fryer breaded pork chops.
- AIR FRYER BACON AND BLUE CHEESE POTATOES
- INSTANT POT LOADED POTATO SKINS
- AIR FRYER PARMESAN CRUSTED POTATOES
- AIR FRYER ROASTED BAKED POTATOES WITH SOUR CREAM AND CHIVES
- EASY AIR FRYER HOBO ROASTED POTATOES WITH ONIONS AND GARLIC
- AIR FRYER GARLIC PARMESAN TRUFFLE POTATO WEDGES
- AIR FRYER ROSEMARY ROASTED POTATOES
- EASY AIR FRYER BAKED SWEET POTATOES
DON’T FORGET TO PIN:
Air Fryer Breaded Pork Chops
This is an effortless homemade boneless or bone-in pork chop coating mix that you can make in your own home. Most of the items you will readily have on hand. They are great and easy to make and give the pork chops an excellent coating.
- 4 bone-in or boneless pork chops
- 1 egg
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2/3 cups cornflake crumbs
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Start by seasoning the pork chops with salt and pepper.
- Then in one bowl, crack the egg and beat it.
- Then, mix the panko bread crumbs, cornflake crumbs, sweet paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and chili powder in another bowl.
- Then dredge your pork chop into the egg.
- And then into the seasoning mix.
- As you coat the pork chops with the seasoning mix, place them on a sprayed tray or basket (either non-stick cooking spray or olive oil).
- Use olive oil and spray your coating mix. Otherwise, your coating will end up dry and with white or brown spots.
- Place your tray or basket in the air fryer, and set the temperature to 360°F, air fryer setting, for 6 minutes; after 6 minutes, flip the pork chop, spray again with olive oil, and set the timer for another 6 minutes.
- Then plate, serve, and enjoy!
Pork chops are done when the internal temperature reaches 145°F.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 502Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 149mgSodium: 990mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 43g
ForkToSpoon.com occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although we try to attempt to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.
Leave a Reply