Looking for a copycat recipe for Cracker Barrel’s Buttermilk Biscuits? You’ve come to the right place! This air fryer version is easy to make and just as delicious as the original. Plus, you can enjoy them fresh out of the air fryer or freeze them for later. Give this recipe a try today!
The Best Cracker Barrel’s Buttermilk Biscuit Recipe
Cracker Barrel is one of the most popular restaurants in North America. Their focus on classic Southern comfort food has earned them a loyal following over the years, with many people making a point to stop at Cracker Barrel whenever they’re traveling.
One of the things that set Cracker Barrel apart from other restaurants is its delicious biscuits. Their buttermilk biscuits are crispy on the outside and perfectly tender inside, with a savory flavor that’s simply irresistible.
Want to try your hand at baking Cracker Barrel’s famous biscuits yourself, below is the easiest recipe for copycat Cracker Barrels’ Buttermilk Biscuits!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Cracker Barrel’s Buttermilk Biscuits
.Making biscuits from scratch can be intimidating, but with an air fryer, it’s easy! These Buttermilk Biscuits are just like Cracker Barrel’s, but better because you know they are made fresh in your own kitchen. All you need is some basic ingredients and a little bit of time!
- Pancake Mix: Use any of your favorite pancake mix for this recipe, you can also make this recipe gluten-free, by using a gluten-free pancake mix.
- Buttermilk: Use homemade or store-bought buttermilk.
- Sugar: Use granulated sugar or a sugar substitute.
- Butter: Use unsalted, melted butter.
- Flour: Used for rolling out the dough, I used all-purpose flour, for rolling the dough.
How To Make Cracker Barrel’s Buttermilk Biscuits In Air Fryer
Making your favorite Cracker Barrel biscuits at home just got a lot easier with this simple Air Fryer recipe. These delicious, light and fluffy Buttermilk Biscuits can be whipped up in no time at all – without any of the fuss! Plus, they’re perfect for breakfast, brunch, or a tasty snack.
Step One: Prepare Your Batter
In a large bowl mix together the pancake mix, buttermilk, and sugar. Mix until well combined. Mix 1 tablespoon of melted butter into the batter.
Step Two: Knead The Dough
Remove the dough and knead on a flour-covered surface, knead until the dough for about 5 minutes.
Step Three: Roll Out The Dough
Using a rolling pin, roll the dough until it’s 1/2 to 1 inch thick. Use biscuit cutters, and cut the dough out.
Step Four: Air Fry The Biscuits
Place the biscuits into the air fryer basket, and brush them with melted butter. Set the cooking time for 8-10 minutes, at 320 degrees F, using the air fryer setting. Brush the tops of the biscuits, right before serving.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I have to use Bisquick?
No, you do not! You can use any pancake mix that you have on hand. This recipe will also work if you use gluten-free Bisquick, (or another brand) or even a low-carb pancake mix, that’s low-carb and keto friendly!
How To Make Buttermilk With Ingredients On Hand
Don’t have buttermilk, here is a simple recipe to make it with some milk and vinegar.
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 tablespoon of white vinegar
Mix together in a small mixing bowl, and let it sit for 4 to 7 minutes.
My dough came out sticky and hard to work with. Is this normal?
Yes, this is a stick dough, don’t worry about that. Use your flour to coat your biscuit cutters, and hands as you form the dough. Be careful not to overmix the dough, otherwise, the result will be hard biscuits.
How To Store Biscuits
To store biscuits, it is recommended that you use an airtight container. This will help prevent moisture from getting into the biscuits and causing them to become stale or go bad. You can easily make these about 2 to 3 days ahead of time. Great for a holiday dinner!
Another good way to store biscuits is in the freezer. Place them in a resealable plastic bag before placing them in the freezer, which will help keep them fresher for longer.
How To Reheat Biscuits In Air Fryer
A quick and easy way to reheat biscuits in your air fryer is by just placing them into the basket of your air fryer along with other ingredients.
Start by preheating the air fryer for at least 2 minutes, or until it reaches 300°F (150°C). Place your biscuits into the basket, then select the setting that’s appropriate for reheating and baking. You can leave them in there for as long as you need to, depending on how crispy you like your biscuits.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- TRADER JOE’S PASTY PUPS AIR FRYER
- AIR FRYER CHICKEN FRIED RICE RECIPE
- GORTONS FISH FILLETS IN AIR FRYER
- AIR FRYER FRIED HONEY BUNS
- RED ROBIN STEAK FRIES AIR FRYER
Air Fryer Cracker Barrel’s Buttermilk Biscuits
- 2 1/4 cup pancake mix, any type
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted–for the batter
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted–for brushing the tops
- 1/8 cup flour, for rolling the dough
- In a large bowl mix together the pancake mix, buttermilk, and sugar. Mix until well combined. Mix 1 tablespoon of melted butter into the batter.
- Remove the dough and knead on a flour-covered surface, knead until the dough for about 5 minutes.
- Using a rolling pin, roll the dough until it's 1/2 to 1 inch thick. Use biscuit cutters, and cut the dough out.
- Place the biscuits into the air fryer basket, and brush them with melted butter. Set the cooking time for 8-10 minutes, at 320 degrees F, using the air fryer setting. Brush the tops of the biscuits, right before serving.
- Air Fryer