If you’re a fan of Cracker Barrel’s exceptionally creamy macaroni and cheese, but don’t have the time or budget to head out for dinner often, then this Air Fryer Cracker Barrel Macaroni And Cheese recipe is just what you need!
With just a few simple ingredients and steps, you can easily whip up a batch of delicious homemade Cracker Barrel-style macaroni and cheese right in your own kitchen.
Highlighting convenience as well as flavor, this no-frills dish will satisfy all your cheesy cravings without breaking the bank or wasting any precious time. So forget takeout tonight and put on those oven mitts—it’s time to get cookin’ with this fuss-free Air Fryer mac and cheese
The Best Cracker Barrel Mac And Cheese Recipe
This creamy, cheesy mac and cheese recipe from Cracker Barrel is sure to become a family favorite. With its signature blend of mild cheddar, Monterey Jack, and mozzarella cheeses and a crunchy, buttery topping, it’s the perfect comforting dish for any occasion.
To make this classic comfort food even better, try adding your favorite mix-ins like bacon, diced ham, or diced bell peppers. To take it to the next level, top it with a sprinkle of freshly grated Parmesan cheese before baking. No matter how you customize it, Cracker Barrel’s mac and cheese is sure to be a hit. Serve hot for an instant crowd-pleaser.
If you love this recipe, be sure to try our air fryer mac and cheese bites, it’s so good, and perfect as a snack or appetizer!
Another one to try is my air fryer creamy mac and cheese, it’s so good, and you won’t believe how fast it is to cook!
If you love copycat recipes, one of my favorites is the Air Fryer Taco Bell Crunch Wrap, it’s so good!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Cracker Barrel Macaroni And Cheese Recipe
The smell of melted cheddar cheese combined with a crispy topping is enough to make anyone’s mouth water. Who could resist an irresistibly creamy macaroni and cheese? With Air Fryer Cracker Barrel Macaroni And Cheese, you can enjoy that classic cheesy dish from the comfort of your own kitchen minus all of the mess typically associated with making it in a regular oven!
Gather around as I reveal what you’ll need for this tantalizing dish – let’s start cooking!
Remember the step-by-step directions and full recipe card, which is below in the printable recipe card, at the end of the page.
- Pasta: Use elbow macaroni, that is not cooked.
- Dairy: Use half and half, heavy cream, coconut milk, or almond milk
- Cheese: Velveeta Cheese and Sharp Cheddar Shredded Cheese
- Butter: Use unsalted butter
- Seasonings and Spice: Garlic Powder, Black Pepper, Onion Powder, Cayenne Pepper, and Kosher Salt.
How To Make Cracker Barrel Macaroni And Cheese In Air Fryer
Step One: Prepare The Macaroni and Cheese
Preheat the air fryer to 360°F for 8-10 minutes, using an air fryer setting. While the air fryer is heating.
In a large bowl add the macaroni noodles, half and half, Velveeta, 1 cup of the cheddar, butter, garlic powder, black pepper, onion powder, cayenne, and salt, and mix well to combine.
Step Two: Air Fry The Mac And Cheese
Spray an air fryer baking dish with cooking spray and pour the mixture into the dish. Air fry for 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. Add the remaining cheese and air fry for an additional 2-3 minutes until melted and slightly browned.
Step Three; Serving
Serve with your favorite hot sauce!
Tips For The Best Air Fried Cracker Barrel Macaroni and Cheese
If you are looking for a delicious and healthier version of your favorite comfort food, Air Fried Cracker Barrel Macaroni and Cheese is a perfect choice. Here are some tips to help you make the best version:
- Pasta: Use small pasta, such as below or medium shells, you can also use penne or rigatoni pasta.
- Cheese: Get ready for the maximum flavor experience! Nothing tops freshly grated cheese to spice up your meal – and it’s surprisingly easy. The true copycat version has Colby-jack cheese, but Velveeta Cheese melts so well in the air fryer!
- Season: If you want a spicer flavor, you can add some hot sauce or smoked paprika, or cayenne pepper for serving.
Let any leftover mac and cheese cool to room temperature, and then transfer to an airtight container. The mac and cheese will keep for 2-4 days in the refrigerator.
How To Reheat Macaroni and Cheese In The Air Fryer
The air fryer is a great way to quickly reheat mac and cheese without having to wait for an oven or microwave. The air fryer will give you perfectly crispy cheese on top, while still keeping the pasta moist and delicious. Here’s how to do it:
1. Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Place the mac and cheese in the basket of your air fryer.
3. Close the lid and cook for about 5-7 minutes, checking every few minutes to see if it has finished reheating.
4. Once the macaroni and cheese is hot, remove it from the air fryer and enjoy!
The air fryer is a great way to reheat macaroni and cheese because it’s fast, convenient, and ensures that the cheese stays crispy while still keeping the pasta moist. It’s also easier than using an oven or microwave, as the air fryer requires less time and doesn’t heat up your kitchen.
What To Serve With Cracker Barrel Macaroni & Cheese
This is one of my favorite recipes, whether you serve as a side dish, for the holidays, or at your backyard barbecue, try it with air fryer fried chicken, air fryer keto pork chops, and even air fryer baked ham.
This also makes a great lunch, served with air fryer vegetable recipes or a garden salad.
What Baking Pan Can You Use To Cook Macaroni And Cheese In Your Air Fryer
The Air Fryer Cracker Barrel Macaroni And Cheese was a hit! Everyone loved it and said it was the best macaroni and cheese they had ever had. This dish is definitely one that you will want to make again and again. Thanks for trying it out!
Air Fryer Cracker Barrel Macaroni And Cheese
- 1 1/2 cups dried elbow macaroni
- 1 1/2 cups half and half
- 8 ounces Velveeta Cheese, diced
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- 2 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat the air fryer to 360°F for 8-10 minutes, using an air fryer setting. While the air fryer is heating.
- In a large bowl add the macaroni noodles, half and half, Velveeta, 1 cup of the cheddar, butter, garlic powder, black pepper, onion powder, cayenne, and salt, and mix well to combine.
- Spray an air fryer baking dish with cooking spray and pour the mixture into the dish. Air fry for 15 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. Add the remaining cheese and air fry for an additional 2-3 minutes until melted and slightly browned.
- Serve with your favorite hot sauce!
- Air Fryer
- Baking Pan