Air Fryer Copycat KFC Biscuits are amazing! If you have not made them yet, you need to make them really soon, and my kids absolutely loved them!
Light, tender and flaky is the best words to describe them. And truthfully, is there a better biscuit than KFC? They make a mean biscuit!
With the help of the Air Fryer, you can make KFC Copycat Biscuits in minutes! Minutes my friends! I served a batch up yesterday to my family, with my famous KFC Copycat Air Fryer Chicken, along with some mashed potatoes and corn. We had a KFC Feast, thanks to my air fryer!
If you are looking for even more Air Fryer Bread Recipes some of my favorites are FROZEN BISCUITS IN AIR FRYER, AIR FRYER DINNER ROLLS, AIR FRYER CANNED CRESCENT ROLLS, and AIR FRYER CHOCOLATE CROISSANTS.
What Are KFC Biscuits?
KFC (Kentucky Fried Chicken) Biscuits are known for being really buttery, soft, and tender. They are the perfect side dish for your next fried chicken dinner.
These biscuits are so tender and contain a lot of butter, no surprise, Because the first word that I think of when you mention KFC biscuits is buttery.
They bake up perfectly in the Air Fryer, as when the hot air circulates around the air fryer basket, they cause the bread to rise and then slowly cook, making the perfect biscuit.
Ingredients In Air Fryer Copycat KFC Biscuits
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Granulated Sugar
- Cream of Tartar
How To Make Air Fryer Copycat KFC Biscuits
Start by combining the flour, baking powder, sugar, cream of tartar, and salt, mix well. Then use a pastry blender to really work the butter into the dough. Then slowly pour in the milk. Mix until well combined.
Then spread the batter onto a floured surface. Roll out the dough.
Cut out your dough with a biscuit cutter. I used a 2 1/2 inch biscuit cutter.
Place the parchment paper into the air fryer basket, and spray with cooking spray.
Place the biscuits onto the parchment paper. Set the temperature to 320 degrees F, air fryer setting for 6 to 8 minutes.
Some Pro Tips:
- The butter needs to be really cold or even frozen; this will help you get fluffy and soft biscuits.
- Do not overwork the dough; once it’s combined, stop mixing. Otherwise, you will end up with dense bread.
- Brush your biscuits with butter during air frying, and this creates a moist biscuit.
- Check your biscuits several times during the cooking process since all air fryers cook up slightly differently.
Can Biscuits be made in the air fryer?
Yes, there is nothing easier than making homemade biscuits in the air fryer. They cook up amazingly fast and delcious.
Th key is to use a low temperature so that the inside and the outside bake up perfectly. Follow my recipe below for perfect homemade air fryer biscuits!
How long do you put biscuits in the air fryer?
Depending on which air fryer you own, they should be cooked up to absolute perfection in about 8 to 10 minutes.
The thicker biscuits will take longer to air fry than thinner biscuits.
Can frozen biscuits be cooked in an air fryer?
Absolutely, remember anything that you make in the oven can easily be prepared in the air fryer.
So, add your biscuits and cook them up. I recommend a temperature of 330 degrees F, air fryer setting, and air fry for about 10-12 minutes until cooked in the middle.
Note: Some air fryers require you to flip them halfway, so both sides get evenly cooked.
Some Other Great & Easy Air Fryer Bread Recipes-
Don’t Forget To Pin-
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter (cold or frozen) unsalted
- 2/3 cup milk
- Start by combining the flour, baking powder, sugar, cream of tartar, and salt, mix well.
- Then use a pastry blender to really work the butter into the dough. Then slowly pour in the milk. Mix until well combined.
- Then spread the batter onto a floured surface. Roll out the dough.
- Cut out your dough with a biscuit cutter. I used a 2 1/2 inch biscuit cutter.
- Place the parchment paper into the air fryer basket, and spray with cooking spray.
- Place the biscuits onto the parchment paper. Set the temperature to 320 degrees F, air fryer setting for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 86Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 174mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 3g