Air Fryer Dinner Rolls are amazing! If you have wanted to make homemade bread in the Air Fryer, this is one of my favorite recipes, and they are so, so good!
These easy buttery, and delicious pull-apart dinner rolls, are some of the best I have ever had, including at restaurants. But who can really resist a great batch of homemade bread?
For extra goodness, as if you need more, I added some milk and honey to the batter, making for a sweet dinner roll. My kids love these, and after about 4 minutes or so, the pan was empty!
If you are looking for some great Air Fryer Baking Recipes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER CHERRY HAND PIES, AIR FRYER PILLSBURY CORNBREAD SWIRLS, AIR FRYER OLIVE CHEESE BREAD, and AIR FRYER 2 INGREDIENT WEIGHT WATCHER FRIENDLY BAGELS.
Dinner rolls are so good, they use only a few ingredients, and the rolls bake up perfectly with a package of yeast.
If you have never used yeast before, it is straightforward, and the yeast causes a chemical reaction with the sugar, which activates it. Today, instead of granulated sugar, I used honey, but the chemical reaction is the same because it contains sugar crystals.
This will cause you to get a great, soft, moist, and tender batch of homemade dinner rolls. Today, I baked them in the Air Fryer, which was amazing since the hot air circulates around the bread to cook them perfectly!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Dinner Rolls
- Active Dry Yeast
- Melted Butter
- All-Purpose Flour
How To Make Air Fryer Dinner Rolls
In a large mixing bowl, mix the yeast, warm milk, and honey. Leave for about 15 minutes until it starts to foam.
Add the flour, melted butter, salt to the yeast. Mix well until everything is well combined.
Once the dough has formed, knead for a few minutes, cover with a kitchen towel, and leave until it doubles for about 1 hour.
Spray your pan with non-stick cooking spray or olive oil spray. Roll the dough into about 1 inch to 2 inch balls. Place your dough inside the coated pan. Cover with saran wrap and wait about 30 minutes.
Set in the air fryer oven or basket at 310 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 12 minutes. After 12 minutes, check and see if the underside is done. If not, add about 2-4 minutes.
Some Pro Tips For Making The Best Air Fryer Dinner Rolls
- The biggest tip I can give you is if the yeast does not activate with the milk and honey, do not proceed. The recipe will not work. This either means your yeast is expired, or the milk was not warm enough.
- It would help if you used a liquid temperature thermometer to check the milk’s temperature, where you want it to be warm but not hot or cold.
- The ideal temperature for milk or water used in bread is between 110 degrees to 120 degrees F.
Can I Bake Bread In An Air Fryer?
Absolutely, remember, an air fryer is nothing but a mini oven, and it works with the hot air circulating around the air fryer with the help of a fan.
You can bake, roast, and fry right in the air fryer, and there is nothing better than perfectly Air Fried Dinner Rolls!
Can You Use Gluten Flour in This Recipe?
Absolutely, you can easily make a homemade batch of Gluten-Fre Dinner Rolls by substituting a few ingredients.
One of the best flours I have used in Gluten-Free Baking is Krusteaz, where I find that the texture remains pretty similar.
How to Shape Dinner Rolls
I usually use my hands and roll them into a ball. But you can use a cookie scoop if you want to make them more precise.
You can also get fancy with the dough by knotting them, twisting them, and shaping them into either a hamburger or hot dog bun. The possibilities are endless.
What Yeast To Use?
Today, I used rapid rise yeast, which requires you to proof the dough less, but if you only have active yeast, you will need to let it sit longer, as it will take longer to proof.
The recipe will remain the same, except for the proofing time.
How To Store Leftover Air Fryer Dinner Rolls
These will not last long, but if you have any leftovers, wrap them tightly in saran wrap and then place them on the counter.
You can either reheat them or eat them at room temperature. If you want to reheat them in the air fryer, coat them with melted butter before reheating.
How To Freeze Leftover Air Fryer Dinner Rolls
This is one of the best bread recipes to double or triple and then freeze some. They freeze remarkably well.
To Freeze: Let cool to room temperature, wrap tightly in saran wrap, and then a couple of layers of foil. Place them into a freezer bag where they will last for about 1 to 2 months.
To Reheat: You can either cook from frozen or defrost and reheat. Either way, place them into the air fryer basket, and set the temperature to 310 degrees F, air fryer setting, brush with melted butter, and heat until warmed up.
Some Other Great And Easy Air Fryer Bread Recipes-
- AIR FRYER CHEESE STUFFED CRESCENTS
- AIR FRYER ROSEMARY FOCCACIA BREAD
- EASY AIR FRYER BUTTER SWIM BISCUITS
- AIR FRYER THE BEST HOMEMADE GARLIC BREAD
- AIR FRYER CLASSIC CORNBREAD
- 1 package of active dry yeast (or 1/4 ounces)
- 1 1/4 cup warm milk (about 110–115 degrees)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/8 cup melted butter
- 4 to 4 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the yeast, warm milk, and honey. Leave for about 15 minutes until it starts to foam.
- Add the flour, melted butter, salt to the yeast.
- Mix well until everything is well combined. Once the dough has formed, knead for a few minutes, cover with a kitchen towel, and leave until it doubles for about 1 hour.
- Spray your pan with non-stick cooking spray or olive oil spray.
- Roll the dough into about 1 inch to 2 inch balls. Place your dough inside the coated pan.
- Cover with saran wrap and wait about 30 minutes.
- Set in the air fryer oven or basket at 310 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 12 minutes. After 12 minutes, check and see if the underside is done. If not, add about 2-4 minutes.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1045Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 48mgCarbohydrates: 214gFiber: 7gSugar: 9gProtein: 29g