Air Fryer Haddock has a crispy panko crust with tender, juicy fish in the center. Served with your favorite dip, it’s a great meal for any day of the week.
Air Fryer Haddock
Seafood is a great source of protein, and it happens to taste amazing too! We especially love this panko fried fish because it is the ultimate comfort food.
If you are in the mood for fish & chips, then I highly recommend giving this fried haddock recipe a shot. The breading is crunchy and the haddock fillet is incredibly flaky and delicious too.
Why You’ll Love Panko Fried Fish
- Only 20 minutes!
- Family Friendly
- Easy haddock recipe
- Worthy of entertaining dinner guests
- 7 ingredients + sauce
Ingredients Needed For Fried Haddock
- Haddock fish
- Black Pepper
- Panko bread crumbs
- Tartar sauce with lemon wedges (optional)
How To Make Air Fryer Haddock
Step 1: Prep breadcrumbs
Combine the panko breadcrumbs with salt and black pepper in a small bowl. Mix well.
Step 2: Prep the other ingredients
In a second bowl, add flour. Then combine mayonnaise and egg in a third bowl.
Step 3: Batter each haddock fillet
First, dip the haddock into the bowl with flour. Then dip into the egg mixture, and finally coat in the panko mixture.
Step 4: Air Fry Haddock
Place each haddock fillet on a greased air fryer tray or in the basket. Spray with olive oil spray. Cook at 350 degrees for 8-12 minutes.
Step 5: Serve
Once the fish is done, serve with tartar sauce and some lemon wedges. Enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
(Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
How do you reheat fried haddock?
Place the leftover haddock fillet into the air fryer basket. Spray with a little olive oil spray and heat at 350 for 4-5 minutes or until it’s hot.
What else can I dip panko fried fish in?
While tartar sauce is the most popular choice for dipping air fryer haddock in, there are other options out there! Here are a few suggestions:
- Cocktail Sauce
- Hot Sauce
- Marinara Sauce
- Barbecue Sauce
- Tahini Sauce
What is the best air fryer?
Top air fryer choices:
What else do I need to make this fried haddock recipe?
There are many tools and equipment that I use when air frying food. While you don’t need all of these items for this panko fried fish, these are my top kitchen tools:
- J.A. Henckels 6-Inch High Carbon Stainless Steel Chef’s Kitchen Knife
- Stainless Steel Measuring Cups, 5 Piece Set
- Hudson Essentials Stainless Steel Measuring Cups Set-6 Piece Stackable Set with Spout
- Anchor Glass Measuring Set–This is one of the handiest tools in the Kitchen
- Italian Olive Wood Spatula
- OXO Good Grips 12 Inch Stainless-Steel Locking Tongs
- EVOO Air Fryer, Best Friend
Don’t Forget to Pin–
Air Fryer Haddock Recipe
- 4 pieces haddock fish, mine were 5 ounces each
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups panko bread crumbs
- 2 eggs
- 6 tablespoons mayonnaise
- tartar sauce, optional
- lemon wedges, optional
- Start by mixing the panko breadcrumbs, salt, pepper in a small mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, pour the flour.
- In the third bowl, mix together the mayonnaise and egg.
- Dip the fish into the flour, then into the egg/mayo mixture, and then into the panko mixture.
- As you dip them in, place them in a greased air fryer basket or a greased air fryer tray.
- When you finish breading your fish, spray GENEROUSLY with olive oil spray.
- Set the tray or basket into the air fryer at 350 degrees F, for 8-12 minutes.
- Once your fish flakes easily, remove.
- Serve with tartar sauce and/or lemon wedges.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer