Air Fryer Swordfish — Are you looking for a delicious and healthy meal that can also be made easily? If so, air-fryer swordfish is the answer. With this versatile fish, you can create tasty meals in minutes while staying on track with your health goals.
Not only low in fat and cholesterol but high in protein as well, swordfish is an excellent choice for dinner no matter what dietary restrictions one may follow. This recipe uses just simple ingredients to bring out the natural flavors of this succulent deep-sea catch without any added calories or unhealthy cooking methods. Whether served as steak or kabobs, these air fryer swordfish recipes will please even the choosiest eaters!
What Is Swordfish?
If you’re a seafood enthusiast, then swordfish should be at the top of your list! Not only is swordfish packed with great nutritional value and delicious flavor, but it’s also one of the most versatile varieties of seafood. When it comes to preparing a meal for your friends or family, there are few fish that can offer as much variety and taste as swordfish. After all, it’s known as the steak of the sea.
Can You Cook Swordfish In Air Fryer?
Yes! Are you asking yourself, “Can I cook swordfish in an air fryer?” If so, you’ve come to the right place. For many people who don’t like to deep-fry their food, but aren’t a fan of steaming or grilling either, air frying can be an excellent way to prepare fish and seafood quickly and with minimal clean up
The Best Air Fryer Swordfish Recipe
This Best Air Fryer Swordfish Recipe is a great way to enjoy the deliciousness of swordfish in a healthy, convenient manner. The air fryer seals in all the flavors and ensures that you get perfectly cooked fish every time. Plus, it’s super easy to make!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Swordfish
If you’re looking for an easy and delicious way to cook swordfish, air frying is a great option with lots of advantages. Not only will it drastically reduce your cooking time, but it can help keep the fish juicy and flavorful. Plus, this method requires very few ingredients – just a few basic pantry items!
Remember the step-by-step directions are below in the printable recipe card, as well as the nutritional information.
- Swordfish: Swordfish Steaks Cut into 1-inch cubes
- Fresh Veggies: Such as Red Onions, Red Bell Peppers
- Pineapple: Fresh or Canned slice into 1-inch cubes
- Oil: High heat oil, such as olive oil, extra-virgin olive oil, or avocado oil.
- Seasoning and Spices: Lime Zest, Cilantro, Garlic Powder, Sea Salt, Black Pepper
- Skewers: Use wooden skewers (Soaked in Water for 30 minutes) or metal skewers
- Serving: Serve with Fresh Limes, Lemon Zest, Mango Salsa
How To Cook Swordfish In Air Fryer
Do you love the flavor and texture of spiced, juicy swordfish? If so, why not try cooking it in an air fryer!? This method of cooking is becoming more and more popular – with good reason. Not only is it fast and easy to use, but it creates a delicious meal that highlights the natural flavors of your ingredients. So if you’re looking for something new or just want to up your culinary game, keep reading to find out how to cook swordfish in an air fryer!
Step One: Make The Simple Marinade
Place the swordfish, pineapple chunks, red onion, and red bell pepper in a large mixing bowl. Add the olive oil, lime zest, fresh cilantro, and garlic powder, and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Gently toss to combine. Set aside to marinate for 15-20 minutes, stirring once or twice during that time.
Step Two: Air Fryer The Swordfish
Drain the marinade, and then place the swordfish, pineapple, onions, and bell peppers in the air fryer basket. Spread the ingredients out so they are in a single layer. Set the temperature to 350 degrees F, and set the cooking time for 10-12 minutes. Brush the top of each steak with lime juice or olive oil.
Continue to cook fish until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F, with a meat thermometer.
What To Serve With Air Fryer Swordfish Steak
For a classic seafood dinner, serve your air fryer swordfish with a side of white rice or brown rice. To add some extra flavor and color to the meal, sprinkle green onions over the top of the fish and rice.
For an even heartier meal, serve air fryer mashed potatoes, or air fryer sweet potatoes on the side as well. You could also add some steamed vegetables such as broccoli or asparagus to complete the meal
If you’re looking for a lighter meal, try serving your swordfish with side dishes such as a salad or a plate of roasted vegetables. You could also top it off with a light vinaigrette or citrus dressing. For something more substantial, pair your air fryer swordfish with some grilled tomatoes and slices of crusty bread.
What Does Swordfish Taste Like?
Swordfish meat has a mild, slightly sweet flavor with a firm meaty texture. Its meat is white and lean, and when cooked correctly, it should be moist and tender. The taste of swordfish is subtle yet savory, with hints of the ocean in its flavor profile. Some say it tastes similar to tuna or halibut but with a more meaty fish.
How To Store Leftover Swordfish
To store leftover swordfish, it is important to seal it in an airtight container, lined with a paper towel, and place it in the refrigerator. Or wrap the swordfish fillets in plastic wrap or aluminum foil. For the best flavor use up all of your swordfish within 2 days.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Trader Joe’s Birds Eye Nest
- AIR FRYER STAR BREAD
- AIR FRYER CHOCOLATE BRIOCHE
- AIR FRYER HOT CROSS BUNS
- AIR FRYER CREAM CHEESE-STUFFED BAGEL BITES
- AIR FRYER COPYCAT DUNKIN DONUTS BAGEL MINIS
- AIR FRYER BAKING POWDER BISCUITS
If you loved this recipe for fresh swordfish, check out the recipe for Air Fryer Chocolate Cake, which makes for an easy weeknight dinner.
Air Fryer Swordfish
- 16 ounces swordfish, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 16 ounces pineapple, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large red onion, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/4 cup cilantro, fresh, diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, or sea salt
- 1 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- Place the swordfish, pineapple chunks, red onion, and red bell pepper in a large mixing bowl. Add the olive oil, lime zest, fresh cilantro, and garlic powder, and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Gently toss to combine. Set aside to marinate for 15-20 minutes, stirring once or twice during that time.
- Drain the marinade, and then place the swordfish, pineapple, onions, and bell peppers in the air fryer basket. Spread the ingredients out so they are in a single layer. Set the temperature to 350 degrees F, and set the cooking time for 10-12 minutes. Brush the top of each steak with lime juice or olive oil.
- Continue to cook fish until the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F, with a meat thermometer.
- Serve with fresh lime wedges.
- Air Fryer, Air Fryer Basket or Air Fryer Oven
- Skewers (optional), Wooden Skewers Should be Soaked In Water for 30 minutes