Instant Pot Cilantro Lime White Rice is great rice that goes with anything from a simple chicken dinner to a great side dish for any Mexican Mexican-inspired meal.
Made with long-grain rice and a few other ingredients, this really kicks up boring rice up a few notches and will soon be one of your favorite dishes you serve at your house!
Cilantro Lime White Rice
Infused during pressure cooking with lime and cilantro flavors, this transfers simple, plain rice into something delightful.
I love a great big bowl of rice, and this one is no different. Use fresh cilantro and lime juice; you will never believe how good this rice can be!
Ingredients Needed For Instant Pot Cilantro Lime White Rice
- Long-Grain Rice
- Olive Oil
- Fresh Cilantro
- Lime Juice
- Lime Zest
How To Make Instant Pot Cilantro Lime White Rice
Start by adding the rice, water, oil, and salt to the Instant Pot bowl and mixing well. Add your lid, and make sure that the vent is in the sealing position. Set your cooking time for 4 on manual high pressure.
Meanwhile, chop your cilantro and zest your lime.
Let the pressure naturally release. When all of the pressure has been released, open up your lid and mix. Mix the cilantro, lime zest, and juice into the rice.
- For best results, use fresh cilantro and fresh lime juice. Lime zest (Fresh) gives this rice a great and flavorful flavor.
- You can use any white rice for this recipe, and the time will remain the same.
- Serve right after preparing for the best results.
Why Instant Pot Rice is The Best Way to Cook Rice!
Once you make rice or pasta in the Instant Pot, you will never cook pasta or rice any other way. It comes out perfectly, and there is no standing over the stove string it. It’s perfect!
Once you make rice and pasta in the Instant Pot, you will never make it any other way; it’s truly a perfect side dish! Made in minutes with the Instant Pot.
How To Store Instant Pot Cilantro Lime White Rice
If you have any rice leftover, let it cool to room temperature, and the en place into an airtight container. Place the container into the refrigerator, where it will last for 2 to 3 days.
How To Freeze Instant Pot Cilantro Lime White Rice
This is a great rice dish to make and freeze, and it will really help you with meal prep, especially as fall rolls around.
To freeze, let cool to room temperature, place the rice in a freezer bag, place it into the freezer flat. It will last between 1 to 2 months.
To use frozen, either place on the counter or in the refrigerator until thawed, and then reheat in the microwave or a small saucepan.
Can I Use Brown Rice?
Yes, this recipe will work the same.
The only thing that you need to do is add the cooking time, which will be about 22 minutes. You will also need to add about 1/2 cup of additional water, as brown rice absorbs more liquid during the cooking process than white rice.
How To Serve Cilantro-Lime Rice
I usually serve this with a great piece of Air Fried Chicken, but this side dish goes with anything from Traditional Mexican foods to a great quesadilla.
My kids love to make their own copycat Chipotle Bowls! This is a great base recipe for that.
Other Great Instant Pot Rice Recipes
- INSTANT POT VEGETARIAN CHINESE FRIED RICE
- INSTANT POT JASMINE RICE RECIPE
- PRESSURE COOKER (INSTANT POT) SWEET BELL PEPPER COUSCOUS (FIESTA)
Don’t Forget To Pin-
Instant Pot Cilantro Lime White Rice
- 2 cups white rice
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced fresh cilantro
- 3 teaspoons lime juice
- 4 tablespoons lime zest, about 1 lime
- Start by adding the rice, water, oil, and salt to the Instant Pot Bowl.
- Mix well.
- Add your lid, and make sure that the vent is in the sealing position. Set your time for 4 on manual high pressure.
- Meanwhile, chop your cilantro and zest your lime.
- Let the pressure naturally release.
- When all of the pressure has been released, open up your lid, and mix.
- Mix the cilantro, lime zest, and juice into the rice.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Instant Pot, Or Ninja Foodi