Looking for a delicious and easy air fryer recipe? Look no further than our recipe for Air Fryer Parmesan Crusted Tilapia!
This dish is simple to make and can be prepared in under 15 minutes. The tilapia is coated in a crispy Parmesan crust and served with a delicious lemon butter sauce. Don’t miss out on this amazing dish – give it a try today!
If you have been looking for a great tilapia recipe that the entire family will love, this is one of the best, and it’s easy enough that it’s perfect for a weeknight-friendly meal, and it’s so delicious!
Why Make Tilapia In The Air Fryer
Tilapia is one of the healthiest and most versatile types of seafood available. It is a great source of protein, is low in fat, and has numerous vitamins and minerals. The air fryer is an excellent way to cook this type of white fish while keeping it tender, moist, and flaky. In this tutorial, we will walk you through the process of making tilapia in the best way possible.
Tilapia is a popular type of fish that has become increasingly easier to find and purchase in grocery stores all over the world. This variety of white-fleshed fish can be prepared in various ways, from pan searing to baking or roasting, but one of the most effective and healthy ways to cook it is in the air fryer.
An air fryer is a countertop appliance that uses hot air combined with oil to create a crispy outside without using large amounts of oil as you would need for deep frying. This allows you to prepare foods such as fish, steak, chicken wings, and even vegetables while still keeping them tender, moist, and flaky.
And of course, this air fryer tilapia recipe is not only a healthy recipe it’s amazing!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Parmesan Crusted Tilapia
Looking for a delicious and healthy meal to make in your air fryer tonight? Look no further than this air fryer Parmesan-crusted tilapia. It only takes minutes to prepare and is loaded with flavor. Plus, it’s a great way to get your protein fix. Here are the ingredients you’ll need:
Remember the step-by-step ingredients are below in the printable recipe card, scroll to the end of the page.
- Tilapia Fillets: You can either use fresh or frozen tilapia. For best results, thaw the tilapia before air frying.
- Panko: You can also use pork rinds, for a keto and low carb friendly option, or gluten-free panko breadcrumbs.
- Parmesan Cheese: Use freshly grated cheese, for the best results.
- Seasonings and Spices: Paprika, Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Kosher Salt, and Black Pepper Or use your own seasoning blend.
- Serving: Fresh Lemon Slices, Lemon Juice, Lemon Zest, Tartar Sauce, or Cocktail Sauce
How To Make Parmesan Crusted Tilapia in Air Fryer
Step One: Prep The Air Fryer, Tilapia Fillets, and Breading Mixture
Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F, using the air fryer setting. Dry your fillets with a paper towel, and set them aside. In a small bowl, make your parmesan mixture, and add the bread crumbs, parmesan, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper.
Step Two: Bread The Fish Fillets
Spray, with cooking spray, or brush your fish with olive oil, then dip your filets into the crust mixture, using your hands to press the crust into the fish.
Step Three: Place the Tilapia In The Air Fryer Basket
Spray your air fryer basket and set the tilapia filets into the air fryer basket, being careful not to crowd the basket, depending on the size of your air fryer, you may need to cook the fish in batches. Remember a single layer is the best way to cook this great recipe!
Step Four: Air-Fry The Fish:
Set the cooking time for 5-6 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the fish reaches 145 degrees f, using a meat thermometer. Let the fish rest for a couple of minutes, before serving.
Pro Tips And Recipe Variations
What’s more delicious than a crispy, sizzling piece of tilapia? Not much! With these helpful tips for frying your own fish dinner, you’ll have no trouble turning out restaurant-quality meals at home.
- Thaw: For best results, thaw your frozen fish fillets for a couple of minutes, before you add the breadcrumb mixture. Removing as much moisture, with a paper towel is an easy way to get the crispy panko breadcrumbs that you want! Fresh fish is always the idea for an air fryer fish recipe!
- Crowding: For best results do not crowd the air fryer basket, otherwise it will not crisp up. Leave plenty of room around the fish, so the sides of the fish fully cook.
- Timing: Depending on the tilapia fillets you are using, and the air fryer you are using, the timing will differ. If you are using thin tilapia fillets the cooking time will be less, you may want to reduce the cooking temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Seasonings: A really popular way to make these is to use a zesty parmesan mix, using Old Bay Seasoning or a dash of cayenne pepper.
What to Use Instead of Tilapia
Tilapia is a mild flavor fish, if you do not want to use it you can easily use any white types of fish, such as catfish, bream, red snapper, and Mahi Mahi.
Can You Put Frozen Tilapia in an Air Fryer?
Yes, you can easily air fry frozen Tilapia! It’s one of the best part of owning an air fryer! The air fryer makes a flaky fish, even from frozen. Although you would need to add some minutes to your cook time, the average time will be 10-12 minutes.
Tilapia is a versatile fish, making it easy to incorporate into all sorts of different recipes. Some common options include serving Tilapia with Potato Wedges or French Fries as a side dish or pairing it with a fresh Salad for a light and healthy meal. Whether you’re looking for a simple weeknight dinner, or a dish to impress at your next dinner party, Tilapia is a delicious and easy-to-prepare option.
How to Store and Reheat Your Leftovers
Leftover Tilapia makes for great leftovers! Let your fish cool to room temperature on a wire rack, or baking sheet. Then place it into an airtight container. Tilapia will last in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
To Reheat: Place the fish into 350 degrees F, air fryer basket, and cook for 3-5 minutes.
Can I Freeze Air-Fried Tilapia?
If you want to freeze air-fried tilapia after cooking, keep the fish in your freezer for no longer than three months. While freezing tilapia can result in a slight change in texture, flavor, and appearance, it’s still an easy way to meal prep and enjoys later.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- TRADER JOE’S AREPAS IN AIR FRYER
- BETTY CROCKER MUG TREATS AIR FRYER
- AIR FRYER CRACKER BARREL’S BUTTERMILK BISCUITS
- TRADER JOE’S PASTY PUPS AIR FRYER
- AIR FRYER CHICKEN FRIED RICE RECIPE
Air Fryer Parmesan Crusted Tilapia
- 4 thawed tilapia fillets
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F, using the air fryer setting. Dry your fillets with a paper towel, and set them aside. In a small bowl, make your parmesan mixture, and add the bread crumbs, parmesan, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and black pepper.
- Spray, with cooking spray, or brush your fish with olive oil, then dip your filets into the crust mixture, using your hands to press the crust into the fish.
- Spray your air fryer basket and set the tilapia filets into the air fryer basket, being careful not to crowd the basket, depending on the size of your air fryer, you may need to cook the fish in batches. Remember a single layer is the best way to cook this great recipe!
- Set the cooking time for 5-6 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the fish reaches 145 degrees f, using a meat thermometer. Let the fish rest for a couple of minutes, before serving.
- Air Fryer
- Meat Thermometer
- Cooking Spray, or Olive Oil