A comforting and delicious dish is just what a busy weeknight calls for. And if you’re short on time but love the flavors of a homemade meal, then this air fryer curry roasted potatoes recipe is just for you!
This one-pan healthy dinner takes less than 10 minutes to make and tastes amazing with minimal effort needed. It’s perfect to serve over rice, couscous, or veggies as an easy side or even as a light lunch alone. Find out how simple it is to prepare this tasty dish today!
Air Fryer Curry Roasted Potatoes are so easy to make. They are crispy on the outside but really soft and tender on the inside. Today, I seasoned them with a simple curry powder.
This recipe only has three ingredients and is the perfect side dish for any meal. I love air fryer potatoes because they roast up beautifully and are fantastic.
This Will Soon Be One of Your Favorite Recipes!
Air Fryer Roasted Potatoes are so easy and delicious that everyone can make them. They are a great appetizer or a perfect side dish.
Roasting potatoes in the air fryer is a relatively quick process, much quicker than preheating your own. They are also not loaded with grease, making them a healthier side dish.
What Are Curry Roasted Potatoes
Curry roasted potatoes are a flavorful and easy-to-make side dish that involves roasting potatoes with a blend of curry powder and other spices.
The curry powder and spices infuse the potatoes with a fragrant and delicious flavor, making them a perfect accompaniment to many meals. Curry roasted potatoes are a versatile dish that can be served with various main dishes, such as grilled chicken, roasted vegetables, or curries. They are also a great vegetarian or vegan side dish option.
Why Roast Potatoes In Air Fryer
Roasting potatoes in an air fryer is a great option for those looking for a quicker and healthier cooking method. Air fryers use hot air circulation to cook food, allowing the potatoes to become crispy without needing deep frying in oil.
This cooking method can be a healthier alternative to traditional frying because it uses little to no oil, resulting in a lower fat content. Additionally, using an air fryer can be faster than cooking in a traditional oven and can be more convenient because it requires minimal preheating and cleanup. Overall, roasting potatoes in an air fryer is a great option for those looking for a quick, easy, and healthier cooking method that produces delicious and crispy results.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Curry Roasted Potatoes
Regarding delicious potato-based dishes, a few things beat air fryer curry roasted potatoes. This simple yet flavorful dish is a great way to transform plain potatoes into an irresistible side dish or snack everyone will love. With just a few everyday ingredients and the power of your air fryer, you can whip up this tasty treat in no time!
Remember the step-by-step directions are below in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page, as well as the nutritional information.
- Potatoes: Use red potatoes, Gold Yukon Potatoes, or baby potatoes
- Olive Oil: Avocado, extra virgin olive, or grapeseed oil.
- Seasonings and Spices: Curry Powder, Kosher Salt (or Sea Salt), and Black Pepper
How To Cook Curry Potatoes In Air Fryer
Do you love the smoky, robust flavor of curry? Looking for an easy way to whip up a delicious side dish without the hassle of a stovetop or oven? Look no further than your air fryer!
Below, I’ll show you how to make tasty and flavorful curry potatoes that cook in minutes with minimal effort. We’ll cover everything from selecting the perfect potatoes for maximum crunch and vibrant taste to mixing up bold herbs and spices for an unforgettable meal. Let’s get started — Curry Potatoes, here we come!
Step One: Prepare The Potatoes
Start by preheating your air fryer to 375 degrees F. If you do not have a preheat function, run your air fryer for 5 minutes at 375 degrees F, air fryer setting.
Cut your potatoes into about 1/2-inch round pieces.
Step Two: Season The Curry Potato Curry
Place the sliced potatoes into a medium-sized mixing bowl, and mix the potatoes, olive oil, curry powder, salt, and black pepper.
Make sure to coat the potatoes with the mixture so they crisp up. Pour your potatoes into the air fryer basket, set the timer for 10 minutes, and shake your basket (or use tongs if you have an air fryer oven) halfway.
Pro Tips For Cooking Curry Potatoes In Air Fryer
Here are some pro tips to help you make the perfect air fryer curry roasted potatoes:
- Use even-sized potatoes: It’s important to cut the potatoes into even-sized pieces to ensure they cook evenly in the air fryer.
- Pat the potatoes dry: Before tossing the potatoes with the spice mixture, pat them dry with a paper towel. This will help the spice mixture stick to the potatoes and also ensure that the potatoes become crispy.
- Don’t overcrowd the air fryer: Overcrowding the air fryer basket can lead to uneven cooking and less crispy potatoes. Cook the potatoes in batches if needed, or ensure enough space between each potato piece.
- Shake the basket: Shake the air fryer basket a few times during cooking to ensure the potatoes cook evenly and become crispy on all sides.
- Adjust the cooking time and temperature: Cooking times and temperatures may vary depending on the type and size of your air fryer, so adjust them as needed. Keep an eye on the potatoes as they cook and adjust the temperature or cooking time as needed to ensure they cook evenly and become crispy.
- Serve immediately: Air fryer curry roasted potatoes are best served immediately after cooking. Sitting too long may make them less crispy and lose some flavor.
By following these pro tips, you can achieve perfectly crispy and flavorful air fryer curry roasted potatoes every time.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use a different type of potato?
Yes, you can use a variety of potatoes, such as red, white, or Yukon gold potatoes. The key is to make sure the potato pieces are evenly sized.
Can I use a different type of curry powder?
Yes, you can use any curry powder you prefer. You can also adjust the amount of curry powder to your liking.
Can I add other spices to the potatoes?
Yes, you can add other spices, such as onion powder, chili powder, or turmeric, to the spice mixture to enhance the flavor of the potatoes.
Can I use frozen potatoes?
No, it’s not recommended to use frozen potatoes because they contain excess moisture that can prevent the potatoes from becoming crispy in the air fryer.
Can I reheat leftover curry roasted potatoes in the air fryer?
Yes, you can reheat leftover curry roasted potatoes in the air fryer for a few minutes until they are heated through and crispy again.
Can I make a large batch of roasted curry potatoes in the air fryer?
Yes, you can make a large batch of curry roasted potatoes in the air fryer, but make sure not to overcrowd the air fryer basket to ensure that the potatoes cook evenly and become crispy. You may need to cook the potatoes in batches if needed.
More Air Fryer Recipes
Air Fryer Curry Roasted Potatoes
- 1 pound potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Start by preheating your air fryer to 375 degrees F. If you do not have a preheat function, run your air fryer for 5 minutes at 375 degrees F, air fryer setting.
- Cut your potatoes into about 1/2 inch round pieces.
- Place the sliced potatoes into a medium-sized mixing bowl, and mix the potatoes, olive oil, curry powder, salt, and black pepper.
- Make sure to coat the potatoes with the mixture so they crisp up.
- Pour your potatoes into the air fryer basket, set the timer for 10 minutes, shake your basket (or use tongs if you have an air fryer oven) halfway.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer