Copycat Olive Garden Chicken Marsala — Craving that scrumptious Olive Garden Chicken Marsala but don’t want to leave your home?
Now you can make this indulgent restaurant dish with the convenience of an air fryer or on the stove. With its savory steak, light cheese, and flavorful mushrooms, this copycat recipe will instantly transport you to Italy!
Enjoy a restaurant-quality meal at home without breaking out the deep fryer; this easy chicken marsala is cooked under thirty minutes from your kitchen – no reservations are required!
What Is Olive Garden Chicken Marsala Recipe
Indulge in the rich and comforting flavors of Olive Garden’s iconic Chicken Marsala right in the comfort of your kitchen! This beloved Italian-American dish has captured the hearts of food enthusiasts for its tender chicken smothered in a luxurious Marsala wine sauce, combined with earthy mushrooms and fragrant herbs.
While the original recipe is closely guarded, we have crafted a sensational homemade version that stays true to the essence of Olive Garden’s Chicken Marsala. Whether planning a special dinner for loved ones or simply craving a restaurant-quality meal, this recipe promises to transport your taste buds to the heart of Italy with every delectable bite. Embrace the art of Italian cooking and savor the mouthwatering delight of Olive Garden’s Chicken Marsala Recipe! 🍗🍄🍷🍝🔥🍽️
Ingredients Needed For Copycat Olive Garden Chicken Marsala
Craving that classic Olive Garden Chicken Marsala dish but don’t have the time to dine out? Have no fear! With a few simple and easy-to-find ingredients, you can make Olive Garden’s delicious Chicken Marsala right in your kitchen.
Creating this tasty Italian dish at home is not only budget-friendly but also allows for customizing according to taste preferences. Prepare for an exciting culinary experience as we walk through all the ingredients and simple steps needed to create a copycat version of Olive Garden’s delightful chicken marsala meal!
Remember the step-by-step directions and detailed ingredient list are below in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post, as well as the nutritional information.
- Chicken Breasts (boneless and skinless): Tender and succulent chicken breasts serve as the dish’s star, providing a canvas for the rich Marsala sauce.
- Cornstarch: The key to achieving a golden brown crust on the chicken is to coat it with flour before cooking.
- Olive Oil: Use high-quality olive oil for sautéing the chicken to impart a mild fruity flavor to the dish.
- Sliced Mushrooms: Earthy and aromatic mushrooms complement the dish, adding a delightful umami flavor.
- Marsala Wine: The star of the show! Marsala wine infuses the dish with distinct sweet and nutty notes, creating a sumptuous sauce.
- Chicken or Beef Broth: A savory chicken broth forms the base of the sauce, balancing the sweetness of the Marsala wine.
- Heavy Cream: A splash of creamy goodness adds richness and a velvety texture to the sauce.
- Spinach: Fresh spinach or frozen spinach that has been drained.
- Seasonings and Spices: Oregano, Garlic Powder, Kosher Salt and Black Pepper
- Fettuccine Pasta: For Serving
How To Make Copycat Olive Garden Chicken Marsala
Do you love the creamy and savory flavor of Olive Garden’s Chicken Marsala? This copycat recipe makes cooking up your favorite restaurant meal simpler than ever. In just a few easy steps, you can recreate the flavors of this classic Italian dish right in your kitchen! Not only will it bring that tantalizing Italian cuisine to your home, but it won’t break the bank, making it perfect for an intimate gathering with friends or a weeknight dinner date. So gather together all ingredients you need, and let’s get cooking!
Step One: Cook The Pasta
Boil the fettuccine according to the package directions as you prepare the rest of the dish.
Step Two: Cook The Chicken (For air fryer directions, see below)
Toss chicken tenderloins in cornstarch, oregano, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to evenly coat. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken tenderloins and brown well on both sides, cooking until a meat thermometer registers at least 165 degrees F when inserted into the thickest piece. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
Step Three: Prepare The Sauce
Reduce heat to medium. Add the sliced mushrooms to the residual oil in the skillet and sauté until browned. Stir in garlic and sauté 1 additional minute. Pour in marsala and heavy cream and bring up to a simmer. For more flavor, stir in beef bouillon. Let simmer for 3 minutes. Stir in fresh spinach and cook for 1 minute, just until wilted.
Step Four: Serving
Stir in cooked fettuccine and chicken tenderloins and cook 1 minute until the sauce is coating the pasta—season with salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.
Pro Tips For The Best Copycat Olive Garden Chicken Marsala
- Choose High-Quality Ingredients: Opt for fresh, high-quality chicken breasts and mushrooms to elevate the flavors of your Chicken Marsala. Quality ingredients make a noticeable difference in the final dish.
- Pound the Chicken: To ensure even cooking and tender results, lightly pound the chicken breasts to an even thickness before coating them in flour.
- Sear the Chicken: Achieve a beautiful golden brown crust on the chicken by searing it in a hot pan with olive oil and butter. This step not only adds flavor but also helps to lock in the chicken’s juices.
- Saute the Mushrooms: For a deeper, more concentrated flavor, sauté the sliced mushrooms separately until they release moisture and turn golden brown before adding them to the sauce.
- Deglaze the Pan: After sautéing the chicken and mushrooms, deglaze the pan with Marsala wine, scraping up the browned bits from the bottom. This step adds extra flavor to the sauce.
- Control the Heat: Adjust the heat when cooking the sauce to avoid overcooking or curdling the heavy cream. Simmer the sauce gently to achieve a smooth and creamy consistency.
- Taste and Adjust: Taste the sauce before serving and adjust the seasoning as needed. Add a pinch of salt, pepper, or lemon juice for a slight tang.
- Garnish with Fresh Herbs: Sprinkle freshly chopped parsley over the finished dish for a burst of color and freshness.
- Pair with the Perfect Side: Serve your Copycat Olive Garden Chicken Marsala with your favorite side dishes, such as buttery mashed potatoes, creamy polenta, or al dente pasta, to complete the meal.
By following these pro tips, you’ll be well on your way to creating a Chicken Marsala that rivals the flavors of Olive Garden’s iconic dish. Prepare to impress your guests with a restaurant-quality meal made with love in the comfort of your kitchen! 🍗🍄🍷🍽️
Can I use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts?
Yes, you can use chicken thighs if you prefer. Just keep in mind that chicken thighs may have a slightly different cooking time than chicken breasts, so adjust the cooking time accordingly.
Can I make this dish ahead of time?
While the Chicken Marsala is best served fresh, you can prepare the sauce ahead of time and store it separately. Cook the chicken and mushrooms just before serving, reheat the sauce, and combine everything for a delicious meal.
Can I make this recipe gluten-free?
Yes, you can make this recipe gluten-free by using gluten-free cornstarch for dredging the chicken. Ensure that all the other ingredients, such as the Marsala wine and chicken broth, are also gluten-free.
Can I freeze the leftovers?
Yes, you can freeze any leftover Chicken Marsala. Allow it to cool completely before transferring to an airtight container or freezer-safe bag. Thaw it overnight in the refrigerator before reheating gently on the stovetop.
Can I substitute the Marsala wine with something else?
Marsala wine plays a significant role in the flavor profile of this dish. However, if you prefer not to use alcohol, you can replace it with chicken broth and grape juice or apple juice to maintain the fruity sweetness.
What sides go well with Chicken Marsala?
Chicken Marsala pairs wonderfully with a variety of sides. Classic choices include garlic mashed potatoes, buttered fettuccine or linguine, or a fresh green salad. You can also serve it with steamed vegetables or roasted asparagus for a healthy option.
Can I make this dish in advance for a special occasion?
Yes, you can certainly prepare this dish in advance for a special occasion. Follow the pro tips to reheat the chicken and sauce separately before serving to maintain the best taste and texture.
Can I double the recipe for a larger gathering?
Absolutely! You can easily double or adjust the recipe to accommodate a larger group. Make sure to use a larger pan or cook the chicken in batches to avoid overcrowding the pan.
Can I use a different type of wine for the sauce?
Marsala wine is traditionally used in Chicken Marsala for its distinct flavor. However, you can experiment with other wines, such as sherry or white wine, for a different twist on the dish.
Can I use dried herbs instead of fresh?
While fresh herbs provide the best flavor, you can substitute them with dried herbs if that’s what you have. Use about 1/3 of the amount of dried herbs called for in the recipe.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- AIR FRYER RED POTATOES RECIPE
- HOW TO REHEAT SWEET POTATO FRIES IN AIR FRYER
- AIR FRYER SALT AND VINEGAR POTATO CHIPS
- AIR FRYER FROZEN SWEET POTATO TOTS
Copycat Olive Garden Chicken Marsala
- 12 ounces fettuccine
- 1 1/4 pounds chicken tenderloins
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces mushrooms, mince
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 cup marsala cooking wine
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons beef bouillon , or base optional
- 3 cups fresh spinach, packed
- Boil the fettuccine according to the package directions as you prepare the rest of the dish.
- Toss chicken tenderloins in cornstarch, oregano, garlic powder, salt, and pepper to evenly coat.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken tenderloins and brown well on both sides, cooking until a meat thermometer registers at least 165°F when inserted into the thickest piece. Remove chicken from skillet and set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add the sliced mushrooms to the residual oil in the skillet and sauté until browned. Stir in garlic and sauté 1 additional minute.
- Pour in marsala and heavy cream and bring up to a simmer. For more flavor, stir in beef bouillon. Let simmer 3 minutes.
- Stir in fresh spinach and cook 1 minute, just until wilted.
- Stir in cooked fettuccine and cooked chicken tenderloins and let cook 1 minute, just until t