This is one of my favorite grilled dishes, my mom used to make when I was a child, today I threw it into the air fryer, and what returned was even better than I remembered.
Here is the step by step, so you can create it at home for you and your loved ones.
KITCHEN ITEMS USED: (NOTE: AFFILIATE LINKS ARE INCLUDED IN THIS POST)
DON’T FORGET TO PIN—
Air Fryer, Grilled Polenta Lasagna Cakes
This is a really easy dish, that can either be served as an appetizer or as an alternative to classic lasagna. My mother always served this with a side of pasta, as it was an easy mid-week meal.
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 20
- Yield: 20 slices 1x
- Category: Appetizer, Side Dish
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: Italian
- 1 tube of polenta, this is what to look for in the grocery store
- 1 cup of tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- olive oil spray
- Cut the polenta into about 1-inch slices, as you cut them, Place them in a greased air fryer basket or on a greased air fryer tray (sprayed with olive oil)
- Then spray the polenta’s top with olive oil.
- Set the polenta into the air fryer, at 400 degrees F, for 5 minutes. (air fryer setting), after 5 minutes, flip the polenta and air fry for another 5 minutes.
- Then spread the marinara sauce over the polenta top.
- Sprinkle some shredded mozzarella cheese and basil over the top of the sauce.
- Return to air fryer and air fry again 400 degrees F, (air fryer setting) just until the cheese melts.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
Keywords: polenta lasagna vegetarian polenta lasagna pioneer woman polenta lasagna serious eats polenta lasagna recipe pioneer woman polenta lasagna bolognese make ahead polenta lasagna polenta lasagna feasting at home polenta lasagna with smoky red pepper sauce