Frozen Tater Tots in Air Fryer –My kids absolutely love Tater Tots. We always used to order them when we went to a restaurant that served tater tots. Today, I tried my hand at Air Fryer Tater Tots, and they were oh so good, like amazing.
These are the frozen tater tots, so if you want to learn how to air fry frozen tater tots, this is the recipe for you.
Whether you add cheese or sauce on top, they are amazing. Some American restaurants now carry them as an alternative to French Fries.
If you are looking for even more Air Fryer Side Dish Recipes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER LOADED POTATO SKINS, AIR FRYER EASY POUTINE FRENCH FRIES, AIR FRYER GARLIC PARMESAN FRIES, and AIR FRYER MASHED POTATO PANCAKES.
They actually are almost the same as potato croquettes, which are typically deep-fried potato balls. Tater tots are cylinders and usually deep-fried. They are really popular in the frozen food aisle and are served at some pubs as an appetizer.
They are usually described as crunchy, crispy, and a soft center.
The most popular brands are Ore-Ida, who invented them to use the scraps of potatoes. The other brands in most grocery stores in America are Trader Joe’s, Alexia Potato Puffs, 365 Tater Puffs, and even Cascadian Farms has an organic version called Spud Puppies.
The Ingredients Needed For This Recipe:
- 1 bag of frozen tater tots, any brand
- Olive oil spray
- Other Seasonings (optional)
HOW TO COOK AIR-FRIED FROZEN TATER TOTS (POTATO PUFFS)-
These are the tater tots used in this recipe.
Spread them in a single layer on the air fryer basket or air fryer tray.
Generously spray the Tater Tots with Olive Oil Spray.
How long do you cook Tater Tots in an Air fryer?
Set the temperature to 400 degrees F (air fryer setting) for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, flip (or toss if you are using an air fryer basket. Set the timer for another 5 minutes. Check the tots before removing them to make sure they are fully cooked.
Tips for Making The Perfect Air Fryer Tater Tots-
- Always make sure that the frozen tater tots are sprayed with olive oil. It really helps the air fryer crisp them up.
- Use tongs to flip the tater tots; remember they are hot. If you have a basket-style air fryer, shake the basket.
- Sprinkle the finished tater tots with salt; it really gives them a great flavor.
- Serve hot; they are so best eaten hot!
Some Common Questions Asked About This Recipe–
Can I use aluminum foil in my air fryer?
This answer is yes. But always check with your manufacturer’s instructions and user manual.
Can I use any other oil besides olive oil?
Yes, you can use avocado oil or grapeseed oil. I have used them, and they both have favorable results.
Do I need To Defrost the Tater Tots First?
No, They should go in frozen.
How Do I Store the Leftover Tater Tots?
Let them cool to room temperature, and then seal in an airtight container. Put the container into the refrigerator. They should last about 2 to 3 days.
The leftover tater tots can be reheated in the microwave or air fryer.
Are There Any seasonings that you Recommend for Tater Tots?
My personal favorite is just with salt and maybe a dash of pepper. But other popular seasonings for tater tots are:
- Garlic Powder or Garlic Salt.
- Onion Powder or Onion Salt.
- Cheese, add some shredded or grated cheese.
- Truffle Oil is fabulous on tots.
Another popular option would be to add some cheddar cheese and melt them on it. Add the cheese on top of the tarter tots and air fry for a few minutes.
Some Other Great & Easy Air Fryer Side Dishes-
- EASY AIR FRYER EASY POUTINE FRENCH FRIES
Don’t Forget to Pin,
- 1 Package of Frozen Tater Tots, any brand
- Cooking Spray
- Optional: Seasonings
- Spread them in a single layer on the air fryer basket or air fryer tray.
- Generously spray the Tater Tots with Olive Oil Spray.
- Set the temperature to 400 degrees F (air fryer setting) for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, flip (or toss if you are using an air fryer basket. Set the timer for another 5 minutes. Check the tots before removing them to make sure they are fully cooked.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 41Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 243mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 0g