Homemade Garlic Parmesan Fries made in the air fryer are amazing! There is nothing better than learning how to make garlic fries in the air fryer! This is one of the best french fry recipe, with simple air fryer instructions! So, if you love a great recipe that comes out perfectly every single time, that uses less oil, keep on reading!
There is nothing better than a hot tray of classic french fries for an easy side dish or appetizer. If you love traditional fries, you will love these!
This is one of the easiest recipes for traditional french fries – and best yet, they are absolutely delicious, crispy on the outside, and warm and tender on the inside. These are so much better than your local drive-thru. Best yet, since they are not soaked in grease, you will feel great about giving them as a tasty side dish to your family.
Since everyone asks me, for a great recipe for healthy fries, this recipe will also work on the air fryers from Instant Pot Crisping Lid, Ninja Foodi, and of course, both the Air Fryer Ovens and Air Fryer Basket models.
If you are looking for other easy Air Fryer Side Dish Recipes, some of my favorites are Air Fryer Mashed Potato Pancakes, Air Fryer Easy Potato Skin Recipe, and of course, Air Fryer Hasselback Sweet Potatoes.
The Best Air Fryer Parmesan Garlic Fries Recipe
If you have never had a plate of garlic parmesan fries air fryer, they are characterized by having a distinct taste of garlic, olive oil, salt, black pepper, shredded Parmesan cheese, and a sprinkle of diced parsley for color.
The air fryer version is no different, the air fryer will transfer your potatoes into soft pieces of potatoes, and the initial first cook transforms your potatoes into the best plates of homemade fries you ever have, and best yet, they are done in minutes, and there is no waiting for the oven to preheat.
This is a great recipe for air frying is no different, by using a little oil, you can make a healthier option. The first time you bite into them you will soon learn that a great way to make homemade french fries, is your air fryer! With less cook time than a deep fryer or traditional oven!
Ingredients For Garlic Parmesan Fries
There is nothing better than a recipe for the best fries you will ever make, and remember to leave a star rating, aft you make them!
Remember the full recipe and step-by-step directions below in the printable recipe card.
- Russet Potatoes: The best potatoes are red potatoes, sliced potatoes, or potato strips.
- Olive Oil: You can also use cooking spray, vegetable oil, or another high-heat oil, such as avocado oil, coconut oil, or grapeseed oil.
- Minced Garlic: You can also use garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and ranch dressing!
- Shredded Parmesan Cheese: You can also use garlic butter
- Parsley: Fresh or dried. I love serving these freshly cut fries with fresh herbs.
- Kosher Salt and Black Pepper
- Serving: Serve with truffle oil or extra parmesan cheese.
How To Make Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan French Fries
There is nothing better and easy than making french fries in your air fryer!
Step One: Peel and cut the potato into desired size fries. Place the potatoes into a large bowl of cold water. This will make you a batch of crispy fries! Dry your potatoes with paper towels.
Step Two: Place fries in a mixing bowl and pour the olive oil, or use oil spray, to coat the fries. Add salt and pepper and mix until fries are coated thoroughly.
Step Three: Place the French fries into the basket of an air fryer, in a single layer, and cooking time for 15-20 minutes at 370 degrees F, air fryer setting. Shake frequently during the cooking process, and remove when golden brown.
Step Four: Remove the hot fries. Top with garlic powder and parmesan topping and serve garnished with garlic powder, and parsley flakes.
What Kind of Air Fryer Can I Use For Making Homemade Air Fryer French Fries?
While everyone worries if their air fryer will work with this recipe, the truth of the matter, air fryer recipes are very adaptable. Although the timing might vary slightly (by a couple of minutes), air fryers all work the same.
So, whether you have the Ninja Foodi, the Instant Pot Crisp Lid, or an Air Fryer Oven, Air Fryer Basket model, or the best air fryer. You can all enjoy a delicious plate of Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Fries.
- Crispy Air Fryer Garlic Fries: Everyone wants crispy French Fries; the real key is to make sure that each French Fry has a layer of olive oil. Not much, but a thin layer, which will help the air fryer crisp up your French Fries.
- What Potatoes To Use For Air Fryer French Fries? The best type of potatoes to use for French Fries in the air fryer is Russet potatoes. Russet potatoes are a great choice for Air Fryer French Fries because they hold their shape. You can either leave the peel on or peel.
- Washing The Potatoes: Remember to wash the potatoes well and then dry them well since they will crisp up so much better without water.
- How To Cut Air Fryer French Fries? If you want to create the perfect French Fry shape, I recommend purchasing a mandoline, which will cut the same size. This is important because you want each French fry to cook at the same time. The mandoline makes it possible since they cut uniformly.
Why Soak Poatotes For French Fries?
Most of us never made deep-fried French fries before the air fryer. There is a large argument between soaking vs. non-soaking.
While soaking the potatoes to make French fries helps to crisp up the French fries, sometimes we do not have the time; I recommend doing it, but since you need to soak them for at least an hour to get rid of the excess starch from the potatoes. It does make the French Fries crisper, which is the taste we are all after.
If you do soak, please make sure that the French Fries are completely dried, otherwise, they will be very soggy.
How To Reheat Air Fryer Fries?
This is one of the most common questions I get asked if you want to reheat fast food or homemade French Fries (I mean who would throw them away?)
Toss them into the air fryer basket and set the temperature to 400 degrees F, air fryer setting, and air fry for 5-7 minutes.
How To Store Leftover French Fries
The best way to store leftover fries is to let them cool to room temperature, and then place them into an airtight container, or warp them in parchment paper, or aluminum foil.
How To Make Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Fries Frozen
This is a simple recipe that you can adapt by using frozen french fries. Cook the frozen fries for 15-18 minutes at 400 degrees F, then add your seasonings, or garlic butter, right before serving.
More Air Fryer Tasty Side Dishes
My son is really obsessed over these magical crispy crunchy fries. Today I give you a simple recipe garlic parmesan fries recipe! That I hope you love! If you want even more Air Fryer Side Dish recipes, with minimal effort, some great recipes are:
- AIR FRYER BAKED FETA CHEESE
- AIR FRYER CHEESEBURGER EGG ROLLS
- EASY AIR FRYER PIZZA HUT BREADSTICKS
- AIR FRYER JALAPENO POPPER STUFFED MUSHROOMS
- AIR FRYER MAC & CHEESE FLATBREAD PIZZA
Don’t Forget To Pin!
Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Fries
- 1 large potato
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon parsley, diced
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- Peel and cut the potato into desired size fries. Place the potatoes into a large bowl of cold water. This will make you a batch of crispy fries! Dry your potatoes with paper towels.
- Step Two: Place fries in a mixing bowl and pour the olive oil, or use oil spray, to coat the fries. Add salt and pepper and mix until fries are coated thoroughly.
- Place fries in an air fryer basket and cook for 15 minutes at 370 degrees F, air fryer setting
- Shake the fries frequently during the cooking process.
- Remove fries. Top with garlic and parmesan cheese and serve garnished with parsley.
- Air Fryer