Air Fryer Frozen French Fries are crispy, golden brown, and have a fluffy potato center. The perfect side dish for burgers, steaks, sandwiches, or when you are craving some tasty bar food.
It’s incredibly easy to air fry frozen french fries! They only take a few minutes and are healthier than when you fry them in oil. Plus, these air fryer fries taste awesome and have a great texture too.
So, forget the fast-food drive-thru line and transform frozen fries into a delicious side just using your Air Fryer!
If you are looking for even more Air Fryer Appetizer & Side Dish Recipes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER BAKED BRIE, AIR FRYER FROZEN TAQUITOS, AIR FRYER HARD BOILED EGGS, and AIR FRYER SALAMI BOATS.
INGREDIENTS YOU’LL NEED FOR AIR FRYER FROZEN FRENCH FRIES
You can use any air fryer fries you want for this recipe, and today I used a crinkle-cut frozen french fries and my homemade French Fry Seasoning Mix.
My seasoning recipe includes:
- Onion Salt
- Garlic Powder
- Black Pepper
- Cayenne Pepper
HOW TO COOK FROZEN FRENCH FRIES IN AIR FRYER
Step 1: Add the frozen fries
Start by placing the frozen fries in the air fryer basket, and then shake them so they are in a single layer.
Step 2: Cook
Air fry the fries for 15 to 20 minutes at 400 degrees F. Shake the basket several times during the cooking process for best results. This will prevent them from sticking together.
Step 3: Season and serve
Sprinkle with fry seasoning and serve these air fryer frozen French fries with your favorite dipping sauce. Enjoy!
SOME PRO TIPS:
- Don’t forget to shake it. It’s vital that you shake the basket several times during the cooking process. Usually every 5 minutes or so. When you air fry fries or any other frozen foods, shaking will allow them to cook evenly and prevent sticking.
- You may need to work in batches. If you plan to serve a lot of people, it’s going to be best to work in batches or use a second air fryer. It’s important to lay them in single layer so they can all cook. Otherwise, you will end up with some undercooked and some overcooked.
- Any air fryer will work. You can make air fryer fries in about any air fryer you like, including the Ninja Foodi, Instant Pot Vortex, and other air fryer baskets and oven models.
- Seasoning is important. These air fryer frozen french fries taste best when you add some salt and any other of your favorite seasonings. You can also add fresh herbs like parsley or oregano to add some color. Or a sprinkle of parmesan cheese for flavor.
Should I Preheat My Air Fryer When I Air Fry Frozen French Fries?
No, it’s not necessary to preheat your air fryer. You don’t need to turn on the device until you are ready to cook them. They will be perfectly crispy on the outside without preheating.
Why Aren’t My Frozen Fries In Air Fryer Crispy?
If you cook frozen french fries in the air fryer and they aren’t cripsy, you most likely put too many in the basket. Be sure they are in a single layer so the air can properly move around the fries to cook them.
Another issue could be timing and temperature. Every air fryer model is a little bit different. So you may need to adjust the temperature up a little or add more time when making frozen french fries in an air fryer. I would start by adding 3-5 extra minutes then check them.
What Dipping Sauces Go With Air Fryer Fries?
You can use about any dipping sauces you have on hand. Here are a few of our favorite go-to sauces that I think you will like.
- Ranch dressing
- Barbecue Sauce
- Mayo mixed with Ketchup
- Honey Mustard
- Nacho Cheese Sauce
MORE AIR FRYER RECIPES
- AIR FRYER BABY POTATOES
- AIR FRYER MOZZARELLA BITES
- EASY AIR FRYER BAKED BEAN BACON CUPS
- AIR FRYER SALAMI BOATS
- AIR FRYER CHOCOLATE CHIP GRANOLA
Don’t Forget To Pin-
- 1 package of frozen French fries
- 2 teaspoons Onion Salt
- 2 teaspoons Paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried Parsley
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Basil
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
- Start by placing the frozen French fries into the air fryer basket, and then shake them so they are in a single layer.
- Air fry for 15 to 20 minutes at 400 degrees F, air fryer setting. Shake the basket several times during the cooking process for best results.
- Season with the Fry Seasoning before serving.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
To make the Fry Seasoning: Mix all of the spices in a bowl.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 88Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 1059mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 2gSugar: 0gProtein: 2g