Air Fryer Cheeseburger Egg Rolls are truly amazing! Stuffed with ground beef, shredded cheddar cheese, pickles, and bacon and seasoned to absolute perfection, this is a wonderful recipe to try for dinner tonight! Making homemade egg rolls in air fryer has never been easier.
Cheeseburger Egg Rolls in the Air Fryer
If you love cheeseburgers, you will love these cheeseburger egg rolls! So good and so easy to make with the air fryer.
Truthfully, before my air fryer, I never made an egg roll — I’m just not fond of deep-frying anything. It seemed like too much oil and too many risks for me to get burned.
So, once I got my first air fryer, I purchased my first egg roll wrapper package and became hooked. And my teens love them. They’re truly portable food!
The filling is what really sets them apart. For the most part, you can add anything that you really like to your air fryer egg rolls.
I added my kid’s favorite diced bacon, shredded cheddar cheese, onion, and diced pickles. But if you want, you could add anything…ketchup, mustard, or ranch. The possibilities are endless for this cheeseburger egg roll recipe.
Why You’ll Love These Cheeseburger Air Fryer Egg Rolls
- Packed with flavor
- Quick and easy to make
- A healthier alternative to deep frying
- Great for entertaining or game day — the perfect party appetizer or tailgating food
- Can be made ahead of time and stored in the freezer until ready to eat
- Versatile recipe with endless variations
- Crispy on the outside, juicy on the inside!
Ingredients Needed for This Cheeseburger Egg Roll Recipe
- Ground Beef
- Diced Onions
- Dill Pickles
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Egg Roll Wrappers
- Cooking Spray
How To Make Cheeseburger Egg Rolls in the Air Fryer
Step 1: Brown the meat
In a large skillet, add the diced onions and ground beef, then sauté over medium heat until the ground beef is browned.
Mix in the shredded cheese, diced cooked bacon, and dill pickles and stir until well combined.
Step 2: Fill the wrappers
Place your egg roll wrapper on a flat surface and add about 1/4 cup of the cheeseburger filling into the middle of the wrapper.
Use a pastry brush to brush the sides with a little water (this will help the egg roll seal). Fold the egg roll to close. This is a great video if you have never done it before!
Step 3: Air fry the egg rolls
Spray the air fryer basket with nonstick spray. Place your homemade egg rolls in the air fryer basket in a single layer, and set the temperature to 350 degrees F, air fryer setting.
Air fry for about 8 to 10 minutes. Flip halfway.
Note: If you want your cheeseburger eggrolls to have that gorgeous golden brown color, it’s helpful to spray the egg roll wrappers with cooking spray, which will help them to crisp up.
Pro Tips for Making Homemade Egg Rolls in Air Fryer
- Make sure that your pickles are dried for the best results. I let them sit on a paper towel for a couple of minutes to remove any excess liquid. Otherwise, the egg roll wrapper will be saturated with pickle juice.
- You can easily substitute ground pork, chicken, or sausage for ground beef. For a lighter dish, use lean ground beef or ground turkey.
- I recommend using egg roll wrappers for this recipe since the meat is hefty and might be too heavy for spring rolls.
- I spray cooking spray in my basket so the egg rolls don’t stick.
- For extra crispy cheeseburger egg rolls, spray the egg roll wrappers with cooking spray too.
- Do not crowd the basket — otherwise, they will not cook evenly.
- Serve this cheeseburger egg roll recipe with your favorite dipping sauce like BBQ sauce, ranch, or even some spicy Sriracha mayo.
Storage and Freezing
If you have any leftover cheeseburger eggrolls, let them cool to room temperature and place them in an airtight container. They will last in the refrigerator for about 2 to 3 days.
You can reheat them in the air fryer or microwave before serving.
This is also a great recipe to make and freeze — I almost always have some on hand. The key to freezing them perfectly is to wrap them up several times.
I do this by individually freezing them on a baking sheet in the freezer. Then, I transfer them to a Ziploc bag before storing them in the freezer. They will last for about 1 to 2 months.
To cook them from frozen, place them directly from the freezer into the air fryer basket and air fry at 350 degrees F, air fryer setting, for 10 to 12 minutes.
How Long Do Egg Rolls Stay Crispy Once Cooked?
They are usually good for the first 24 hours. After that, they lose crispness and begin to become soft and soggy from the filling.
How Do I Reheat Egg Rolls So They’re Crispy?
I have great luck with reheating my egg rolls in the air fryer at 350 degrees F for 1-3 minutes. I spray them with cooking spray, which will help them crisp back up a bit!
What Do You Seal Egg Rolls With?
Lots of air fryer egg rolls recipes will call for an egg seal so that they keep their shape. After several tests, I personally think that using just water is fine. I don’t typically have to deal with them falling apart!
Helpful Tools For This Recipe
|Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. At no cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.
More Air Fryer Egg Rolls Recipes
- AIR FRYER ANTIPASTO EGG ROLLS
- FROZEN PORK EGG ROLLS IN AIR FRYER
- AIR FRYER CHICKEN CILANTRO EGG ROLLS
- PAGODA EGG ROLLS AIR FRYER
- AIR FRYER PEACH PIE EGG ROLLS
Air Fryer Cheeseburger Egg Rolls
- 1 pound ground beef, lean
- 1/4 cup onions, diced
- 1/4 cup pickles, diced
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 16 egg roll wrappers
- 1/2 cup water
- In a large skillet, add the diced onions, ground beef, and saute over medium heat until the ground beef is browned; mix in the shredded cheese, diced cooked bacon, and dill pickles. Mix well.
- Place your egg roll wrapper on a flat surface and add about 1/4 cup of the filling into the egg roll center. Use a pastry brush to brush the sides with water (this will help the egg roll seal). Fold the egg roll-up; this is a great video if you have never rolled an egg roll-up.
- Spray the air fryer basket with cooking spray. Then place your egg rolls into the basket, set the temperature to 350 degrees F for about 8 to 10 minutes. Flip halfway.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray