Everyone uses ground beef, at least once per week in their cooking, I thought it was a great time to talk about how to purchase ground beef, what to look for, and some pointers.
- Ground beef is actually a combination of beef cuts. It usually is a combination of chuck, round and sirloin. Some labels, at the grocery store, may include the cut of meat that is ground.
- Always purchase ground meat that is bright red. You can tell older ground meat by the color, if it is brown or gray, do not purchase it, as it indicates that it is older.
- For huge savings purchase a family pack of ground beef and then freeze some of the meat for later.
- Look for a tightly wrapped package of meat, avoid a package with loose plastic wrap or a tear.
Here are some guides for purchasing ground beef due to leanness:
- Not less than 73% lean-This is normal just labeled ground beef. This meat is good for chilis, soups, sloppy joes and pizzas.
- Not less than 80% lean-This meat is used best in meat loves, meatballs and hamburgers
- Not less than 85% lean-This is best used in casseroles
The most important thing to remember when using ground meat is that it is very versatile.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget to Pin—
This is one of the easiest ways to make ground beef in the air fryer. This will become your base of air fryer ground beef recipes. And answers the long asked question if you can cook ground beef in the air fryer.
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- Break up your ground beef and place it in an air fryer safe pan.
- Place in your air fryer and set the temperature to 400 degrees F. for 5 minutes after 5 minutes check your beef to see if it was cooked, all the way through, mine was so I removed, if it is not, mix and add another few minutes.
- Use in your recipes or for the taco filling
Keywords: can you cook ground beef in an air fryer can you brown ground beef in an air fryer air fryer taco meat air fryer ground beef recipes air fryer stuffed burgers air fryer hamburger recipes frozen hamburger in air fryer air fryer meatloaf