Blackstone Smash Burgers are super juicy with a delicious crust on the outside. Served on a bun with all your favorite toppings, this Blackstone smash burger recipe is always a hit!
Smash Burgers On The Blackstone
Blackstone Smash Burgers are amazing! Just like the original, these copycat Blackstone burgers are filled with flavor and guaranteed to be one of the best summer meals you make on your Blackstone Grill.
My kids really love going to Smashburger, and they absolutely love their burgers made with seasoned ground beef. My kids also love their chocolate shakes and a side of Smash Fries, but the burgers are truly the star of their visit.
The secret is really in the Smash. This creates a juicy and tender burger, but with crispy edges, so you get the best of both worlds. The Blackstone is the perfect tool to get the job done!
Looking for some other great and easy Blackstone Grill and Air Fryer Recipes? Some of my favorites are BLACKSTONE LOADED GRILLED NACHOS, BLACKSTONE GRIDDLE CINNAMON ROLLS, BLACKSTONE GARLIC BUTTER LAMB CHOPS, and BLACKSTONE GRILLED CORN ON THE COB.
Don’t forget to check out 25 OF THE BEST BLACKSTONE GRIDDLE RECIPES TO TRY THIS YEAR.
Why You’ll Love This Smash Burgers Blackstone Recipe
- The Blackstone burgers are so flavorful and have crispy edges.
- Fantastic for entertaining.
- The most delicious copycat recipe!
- Kids and adults love them
What Is A Blackstone Smash Burger?
Smash burgers on the Blackstone include a process or technique to roll the meat into a meatball, then press the burger down with a spatula. This allows each patty to sear, which locks the flavor into the burger and causes it to remain juicy.
After the meat sears for a couple of minutes, it is flattened out to create the best Blackstone burgers you’ll ever taste.
My homemade Blackstone Smash Burger recipe is based on the Smashburger restaurant. It is wildly popular in America, and now there are about 370 restaurants worldwide.
Blackstone Smash Burger Recipe Ingredients
- Ground Chuck
- Black Pepper
- Brioche Bun
How to make Blackstone Smash Burgers
Step 1: Prepare the meatballs
Start by mixing the ground chuck, salt, and black pepper in a large mixing bowl. Scoop into 4-ounce meatballs.
Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour.
Step 2: Prep the griddle
Oil the grill, then turn the Blackstone on high. You want the Blackstone really hot before you place the burgers on.
Step 3: Cook the burgers
Then, place the burgers on the grill. Once the patties are starting to brown, use your spatula to flatten the burgers. Cook the Blackstone burgers until both sides are done.
Step 4: Add cheese
Add a slice of cheese to the smash burgers on the blackstone and let it melt when the burgers are done.
Remove, add your toppings, and enjoy!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can You Make This Blackstone Smash Burger Recipe In The Air Fryer?
Yes, you can! You can use the air fryer in your Blackstone or one that sits on the countertop.
Prepare the meat as directed above. Due to how an air fry works, you will need to flatten the burger before adding it to the air fryer basket or tray.
Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees F, air fryer setting. Cook the patties for 5 minutes, flip and smash, then air fry for another 5 minutes.
Use your meat thermometer to make sure that the meat is fully cooked before removing it. The USDA recommends the following guidelines for burgers.
What kind of toppings go well with this Smash Burgers Blackstone recipe?
Honestly, this Smash Burger Blackstone recipe can be enjoyed with all the normal burger toppings you want! Here are our favorite Smash Burger Blackstone toppings:
(affiliate link included)
More Great Blackstone Recipes You Will Love-
- BLACKSTONE GRIDDLE CINNAMON ROLLS
- BLACKSTONE GRIDDLE SAUSAGE & MUSHROOM FLATBREAD PIZZA
- 25 OF THE BEST BLACKSTONE GRIDDLE RECIPES TO TRY THIS YEAR
- BLACKSTONE GARLIC BUTTER LAMB CHOPS
- BLACKSTONE GRILLED CORN ON THE COB
Don’t Forget To Pin-
Blackstone Smash Burger
- 1 pound ground chuck, 80/20
- 4 slices cheese, any type
- potato rolls, or brioche buns
- toppings, your choice
- Start by mixing in a large mixing bowl the ground chuck, salt, black pepper. Scoop into 4-ounce meatballs.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Oil the grill, and then turn the Blackstone on high. You want the Blackstone really hot before you place the burgers on.
- Then, place the burgers onto the grill. Once the burgers are starting to brown, use your spatula and flatten the burgers. Cook until both sides are done.
- When your burgers are almost done, add a slice of cheese. Let melt slightly before removing.
- Remove, add your toppings and enjoy!
- Blackstone Griddle