Air Fryer Ground Beef Taco Bowls — Are you looking for an easy and delicious meal you can whip up quickly? Look no further than ground beef taco bowls made with a handy air fryer! These flavorful and satisfying taco bowls are simple to make and quick – perfect for when your family is hungry and on the go.
Ready to learn just how easy it is? With just a few ingredients, some cooking time in the air fryer, and assembly – dinner will be ready before you know it! Let’s get started on these deliciously welcoming ground beef taco bowls.
What Are Ground Beef Taco Bowls
Ground beef taco bowls are a delicious and customizable meal made with seasoned ground beef, served in a crispy tortilla bowl, and topped with an assortment of flavorful ingredients. Mexican flavors inspire the dish and offer a satisfying and convenient way to enjoy the flavors of tacos in a bowl format.
The Ground beef is typically seasoned with a blend of spices such as cumin, chili powder, and paprika and cook until browned and flavorful. It is then layered with toppings like lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, salsa, guacamole, sour cream, and more. The crispy tortilla bowl provides a crunchy texture and serves as the edible vessel for the taco ingredients. Ground beef taco bowls are versatile, allowing you to customize them with your favorite toppings and adjust the spice level according to your preference. They make for a hearty and enjoyable meal that can be easily prepared at home.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Ground Beef Taco Bowls
Tacos are a classic comfort food that many of us enjoy. But if you’re trying to make them healthier, there’s no better way than with an air fryer! Air frying your tacos makes them crispy and flavorful on the outside but still juicy and tender in the middle.
This recipe for ground beef taco bowls uses simple ingredients like beans, corn, and tomatoes, plus plenty of delicious spices to give it tons of flavor without overpowering it. Plus, they only take about 20 minutes to make – perfect for busy weeknights! Ready to learn how you can make these delicious air fryer ground beef taco bowls?
Remember the step-by-step direction and detailed ingredient list below in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post and the nutritional information.
- Ground Beef: Use lean ground beef, ground turkey, or ground chicken
- Taco Seasoning: Homemade or store-bought
- Mini Taco Bowls
- Toppings: Shredded Lettuce, Shredded Cheese, Salsa, Pico De Gall, Cilantro, Sour Cream
How To Make Ground Beef Taco Bowls In Air Fryer
If you love tacos but want to switch things up from traditional tacos, why not try making Ground Beef Taco Bowls in an air fryer? This easy and delicious method of cooking the ground beef taco bowl is perfect for those nights when you’re short on time but don’t want to compromise on flavor.
It takes less than 30 minutes to whip up this yummy dish, and you’ll be adding healthy ingredients that pack a punch of guacamole-y goodness while still satisfying your hunger with an incredible crunch! Keep reading, and you’ll learn how to make these Ground Beef Taco Bowls in your beloved air fryer in just four steps.
Step One: Prepare The Taco Meat
Prepare taco seasoning. Combine all seasoning in a small bowl and mix. Brown Ground Beef. Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add 1 tbsp of olive oil and swirl to coat. Place ground beef into the pan and break it up into small pieces. After 1 minute, add the taco seasoning. Continue to break up and brown the beef for 5 minutes.
Step Two: Air Fry The Mini Soft Taco Bowls
Preheat the air fryer to 390 degrees F for 3-5 minutes. Fill taco bowls. Add about 3 tbsp of taco meat to the taco bowls. Top with a pinch of cheese. Place taco bowls into the air fryer (in a single layer) and cook for 3-5 minutes.
Step Three: Serving
Remove tacos from the air fryer—top with shredded lettuce, pico de gallo, and cilantro lime sour cream. Garnish with cilantro, and enjoy!
- Choose the right ground beef: Opt for lean ground beef, such as 90% lean or higher. This will ensure you don’t have excessive grease or oil in your taco bowls.
- Season your ground beef: Season it well with taco seasoning or your preferred blend of spices before cooking it. This will add flavor to the meat and enhance the overall taste of your taco bowls.
- Cook in batches: To avoid overcrowding the air fryer and ensure proper airflow, cook the ground beef soft tacos in batches.
- Customize your toppings: While ground beef is the star ingredient, don’t forget to customize your taco bowls with your favorite toppings. Add shredded cheese, diced tomatoes, lettuce, salsa, guacamole, sour cream, or any other toppings you love.
- Serve immediately: Air fryer ground beef taco bowls are best enjoyed immediately while hot and crisp. Serve them up with your favorite sides or as a standalone meal.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use frozen ground beef for taco bowls in the air fryer?
It’s best to thaw the ground beef before cooking in the air fryer for more even cooking. However, if you’re in a hurry, you can use frozen ground beef, but you may need to increase the cooking time and break up the beef as it thaws during cooking.
What kind of seasoning should I use for ground beef taco bowls?
You can use pre-packaged taco seasoning or create your own blend using a combination of spices like cumin, chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Adjust the amounts to suit your taste preferences.
How long do I cook ground beef taco bowls in the air fryer?
Cooking times can vary depending on the size and thickness of the ground beef crumbles and the specific air fryer model. As a general guideline, cook the ground beef at 400°F (200°C) for about 8-10 minutes, stirring or shaking halfway through for even cooking.
Can I cook other ingredients, like vegetables and ground beef, in the air fryer?
Yes, you can cook vegetables like bell peppers, onions, corn, and ground beef in the air fryer. Just keep in mind that different ingredients may require different cooking times, so you might need to adjust accordingly or add them at different stages of the cooking process.
Can I make taco bowls with ground chicken or turkey instead of beef?
Absolutely! You can use ground chicken or turkey instead of beef for your taco bowls in the air fryer. The cooking times and seasonings may need to be slightly adjusted, but the process remains the same.
Can I reheat leftover ground beef taco bowls in the air fryer?
You can reheat leftover taco bowls in the air fryer. Preheat the air fryer to a lower temperature, around 350°F (175°C), and reheat the taco bowls for a few minutes until heated through. Keep an eye on them to avoid overcooking or drying out the ingredients.
Can I use pre-cooked ground beef for taco bowls in the air fryer?
While using pre-cooked ground beef for taco bowls in the air fryer is uncommon, you can certainly use it. Just be mindful that the cooking time will be shorter since you’re essentially reheating the pre-cooked meat rather than cooking it raw.
How do I prevent the ground beef from sticking to the air fryer basket?
You can use a non-stick spray on the air fryer basket or line it with parchment paper or aluminum foil to prevent sticking. Alternatively, using a mesh basket or a sheet of foil with holes on top of the air fryer rack can also help prevent smaller pieces of ground beef from falling through.
Can I use a tortilla or shell in the air fryer to make a crispy taco bowl?
You can make crispy taco bowls by shaping a tortilla or shell into a bowl-like shape and placing it in the air fryer. Preheat the air fryer, lightly spray the tortilla with oil, and cook it at around 350°F (175°C) for a few minutes until it turns golden and crispy.
Are air fryer ground beef taco bowls healthier than traditional fried taco bowls?
Air fryer ground beef taco bowls can be a healthier alternative to traditional fried taco bowls since they require less oil for cooking. The excess fat from the ground beef can also be drained.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- AIR FRYER APPLE CRANBERRY CRISP
- AIR FRYER BLUEBERRY DUMP CAKE
- PREPARING A BUNDT CAKE IN THE AIR FRYER OR INSTANT POT
- AIR FRYER PEACH DUMP CAKE
- BETTY CROCKER MUG TREATS AIR FRYER
- HOW TO BAKE A CAKE IN THE NINJA FOODI
- AIR FRYER PUMPKIN CAKE POPS
- AIR FRYER COPYCAT PANERA CINNAMON CRUMB COFFEE CAKE
Air Fryer Ground Beef Taco Bowls
- 1 pound ground beef, lean
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 1 cup lettuce, shredded
- 1/2 cup Mexican cheese, shredded
- 24 soft taco bowls
- 1 cup salsa, or pico de gallo
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Prepare taco seasoning. Combine all seasoning in a small bowl and mix. Brown Ground Beef. Heat a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add 1 tbsp of olive oil and swirl to coat. Place ground beef into the pan and break it up into small pieces. After 1 minute, add the taco seasoning. Continue to break up and brown the beef for 5 minutes.
- Preheat the air fryer to 390 degrees F for 3-5 minutes. Fill taco bowls. Add about 3 tbsp of taco meat to the taco bowls. Top with a pinch of cheese. Place taco bowls into the air fryer (in a single layer) and cook for 3-5 minutes.
- Remove tacos from the air fryer—top with shredded lettuce, pico de gallo, and cilantro lime sour cream. Garnish with cilantro, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray, optional
- Parchment Paper, optional