Air Fryer Peach Pie Egg Rolls — I can’t resist buying bushels of the delicious fruit when the peach season hits. I’ve been looking for new ways to enjoy them, and this air fryer peach pie egg roll recipe is one of my favorites! The sweet filling is wrapped in a crispy egg roll wrapper and cooked until golden brown. They’re the perfect snack or dessert!
Air Fryer Peach Pie Egg Rolls are amazing! With such a few ingredients, you can make a mini peach pie right in your air fryer, and they are amazing!
I don’t know if this makes a fantastic breakfast or dessert since the peach pie egg roll is terrific any time of day. Tonight, I served it up to my kids with a healthy scoop of vanilla ice cream. They were thrilled, and truthfully I love making homemade desserts, especially as the weather gets nicer, and we all sit on the back porch and have family dessert.
Today, I added a bit of cream cheese filling to elevate the Air Fryer Egg Roll Experience, but if you are allergic to dairy or lactose intolerant, you can leave it out.
Some other great and easy Air Fryer Egg Roll Recipes are AIR FRYER LASAGNA EGG ROLLS, AIR FRYER PEANUT BUTTER BANANA EGG ROLLS, AIR FRYER BREAKFAST EGG ROLLS, and AIR FRYER CHERRY CHEESECAKE EGG ROLLS.
Air Fryer Peach Pie Egg Rolls
- Egg Roll Wrappers
- Peach Pie Filling
- Cream Cheese
- Olive Oil
- Pure Vanilla Extract
How To Make Air Fryer Peach Pie Egg Rolls
Start by making the Cream Cheese Filling: Mix the room temperature cream cheese with the sugar and pure vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl. Mix well until it has a smooth consistency.
Layout your egg roll wrapper, and then place 1 1/2 tablespoons of peach pie filling in the middle of the egg roll wrapper. Add about one tablespoon of cream cheese filling on top.
Use a pastry brush, and brush the water along the edges. Just enough water to moisten the sides will help the egg roll stick to itself.
Lightly brush the egg roll’s top with water, so it stays closed during air frying. Then spray your air fryer basket with cooking spray. Add your egg roll into the basket, and set the temperature to 350 degrees F, air fryer setting for 8-10 minutes.
For a crispy egg roll, spray generously with cooking spray.
Tips For Making Peach Pie Egg Rolls In Air Fryer
Making peach pie egg rolls in an air fryer is a delicious and relatively simple process. Here are some tips to help you create the perfect peach pie egg rolls:
- Gather your ingredients: You’ll need egg roll wrappers, fresh peaches (peeled and diced), sugar, cinnamon, cornstarch, lemon juice, and some butter.
- Prepare the peach filling: In a mixing bowl, combine the diced peaches, sugar, cinnamon, cornstarch, and lemon juice. Mix well to coat the peaches evenly.
- Assemble the egg rolls: Lay out an egg roll wrapper on a clean surface. Place about 2-3 tablespoons of the peach filling diagonally across the center of the wrapper. Fold in the sides of the wrapper, then roll it up tightly, sealing the edges with a little bit of water.
- Brush with butter: Lightly brush the outside of each egg roll with melted butter. This will help them turn crispy and golden brown.
- Cool and serve: Once the peach pie egg rolls are done, carefully remove them from the air fryer and allow them to cool for a few minutes. Serve them warm as is or with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side for a delicious dessert.
- Make sure to dice the peaches into small pieces to ensure they cook evenly and fit nicely inside the egg roll wrappers.
- Don’t overfill the egg rolls to prevent them from bursting during cooking.
- You can sprinkle some additional sugar and cinnamon on the egg rolls before serving for extra flavor.
- Experiment with different dipping sauces like caramel or whipped cream to accompany the egg rolls.
- If you have leftover egg rolls, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator and reheat them in the air fryer for a few minutes before enjoying them again.
FAQ Air-Fried Peach Egg Rolls
Can I use frozen peaches for the filling?
While fresh peaches are generally recommended for the best texture and flavor, you can also use frozen peaches. Thaw the frozen peaches and drain any excess liquid before using them in the filling. Remember that frozen peaches may have a softer texture, so that they might release more moisture during cooking.
Can I use puff pastry instead of egg roll wrappers?
Yes, you can use puff pastry as a substitute for egg roll wrappers. However, keep in mind that the texture and cooking time may differ. Puff pastry will create a flakier crust, and you may need to adjust the cooking time accordingly. Monitor the egg rolls closely while cooking to ensure they don’t burn or become too greasy.
How do I prevent the peach filling from leaking out?
To prevent the filling from leaking out during cooking, make sure you seal the edges of the egg rolls properly. Use a little water on your fingers to moisten the edges of the wrapper before folding and rolling. Press firmly to seal the edges, and ensure there are no gaps or openings where the filling can escape.
Can I make the peach pie egg rolls ahead of time?
While it’s best to enjoy peach pie egg rolls fresh and warm, you can make them ahead of time if needed. Prepare the egg rolls as instructed, but don’t brush them with butter. Instead, place them on a baking sheet in a single layer and freeze them for about an hour until firm. Once frozen, transfer them to a freezer-safe bag or container and keep them frozen for up to 1 month. When ready to cook, brush with melted butter and air fry as usual, adding a few extra minutes to the cooking time.
What other fruits can I use in the egg rolls?
While peach is a delicious choice, you can also experiment with other fruits in your egg rolls. Some popular options include apples, strawberries, blueberries, or a combination of fruits. Just make sure to adjust the sugar and seasoning accordingly to complement the chosen fruit.
Can I bake the peach pie egg rolls in the oven instead of using an air fryer?
Yes, if you don’t have an air fryer, you can bake the peach pie egg rolls in the oven. Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C) and place the egg rolls on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake for about 15-20 minutes or until golden brown, flipping them halfway through. Keep an eye on them to prevent over-browning.
Where Do You Find Egg Roll Wrappers?
They are hiding out in the produce aisle at most American Grocery Stores. They are usually near the Tofu, where you can find egg roll wrappers, wonton wrappers, and spring roll wrappers.
Check near the dairy if you do not find them in the produce department. Since the egg roll wrappers need to be cold.
How To Store
Truthfully, you might not even need this information. They are so yummy that my entire family devoured them in one sitting.
But, if you have any leftovers, let them cool to room temperature and then place them into an airtight container.
They will last in the refrigerator for about 3-5 days. I would not reheat them in the air fryer but microwave them for about 15 seconds.
- For best results, ensure the egg roll is fully sealed so your filling does not end up all over the basket.
- Do not crowd your basket. Otherwise, the egg rolls will never crisp up. You need hot air to move freely around the food so it perfectly crisps up.
- If you want crispy egg roll wrappers, spray them generously with cooking spray after you have finished air frying them.
How To Store Leftover Egg Roll Wrappers
You need to keep egg roll wrappers cold. So, either store in the fridge or freezer.
After opening egg roll wrappers, you must use them within seven days. Otherwise, they will start to harden.
To keep the egg roll wrappers at their best, you must keep them moist. So, wrap them with a foil sheet, then place them into a plastic sealable bag.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- AIR FRYER PANCAKE BATTER OREOS
- AIR FRYER BAKED APPLES
- EASY AIR FRYER CHERRY CHIMICHANGAS
- AIR FRYER PEANUT BUTTER BANANA EGG ROLLS
- AIR FRYER CHERRY CHEESECAKE EGG ROLLS
Don’t Forget To Pin
Air Fryer Peach Pie Egg Rolls
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- 1 cup peach pie filling
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 teapoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- Start by making the Cream Cheese Filling: In a large mixing bowl, mix the room temperature cream cheese with the sugar and pure vanilla extract. Mix well until it has a smooth consistency
- Layout your egg roll wrapper, and then place 1 1/2 tablespoons of peach pie filling in the middle of the egg roll wrapper. Add about 1 tablespoon of cream cheese filling on top.
- Use a pastry brush, and brush the water along the edges. Just enough water to moisten the sides, which will help the egg roll stick to itself.
- Lightly brush the top of the egg roll with some water so it stays closed during air frying. Then spray your air fryer basket with cooking spray. Add your egg roll into the basket, and set the temperature to 350 degrees F, air fryer setting for 8-10 minutes.
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray