Air Fryer Walleye — Do you love the taste of walleye but hate the hassle of cooking it? If so, you need to invest in an air fryer! Air frying is a healthy and easy way to cook your favorite fish. Your air fryer will produce a delicious and crispy walleye filet in just minutes. So why not give it a try tonight?
Have you ever tried walleye? If not, you’re missing out! This delicious fish can be cooked in so many ways, but my favorite is using an air fryer. Walleye is a lean fish that’s low in calories and high in protein, making it the perfect meal for anyone looking to eat healthily. Keep reading for my easy air fryer walleye recipe. You won’t regret it!
What Is Walleye?
When you hear the word “walleye,” what comes to mind? If you’re like most people, you probably think of a delicious fish that can be found in many parts of the country.
You may not know that walleye actually has a few names such as yellow pike or yellow pickerel. Walleye is a freshwater fish that is found in either the Northern United States or is widely sold in Canada.
So if you have been looking for some great walleye recipes, below is one of my favorites!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Walleye
There are two ways to make walleye, one with a traditional fish fry coating, with breading and the other one, is a keto and low-carb option, without breading. The recipe for the air fryer breading walleye recipe is below. I think the best way to cook walleye is an air fryer. It’s easy and you don’t have a lot of oil in the recipe. Making it a heart-friendly recipe.
- Walleye Fillet: Try to air fry up two of the same-sized fillets, so they cook evenly.
- Seasoning: Salt, Black Pepper, and Garlic Powder
- Olive Oil: You can also use any high-heat oil, such as avocado oil, grapeseed oil, or even coconut oil.
How To Make Walleye Fish Air Fryer (No Breading)
Rub the olive oil over the fillets, then season. Place your fish into the air fryer basket. Set the temperature to 350 degrees F, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes. Before you remove the walleye, check the internal temperature of the fish. When the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F, you can safely remove the fish.
How To Make Air Fryer Breaded Walleye
This is the fish fry that I usually use.
- Pour the batter into a large sealable bag.
- Place your fish inside the bag and then shake a few times (make sure you seal the bag first)
- As your coat your fish, place them either on a greased air fryer basket or air fryer tray.
- Set the temperature to 400 degrees F for 8 minutes. After 8 minutes, flip and air fry for another 8 minutes. The key to golden brown is to coat your batter with olive oil generously; it will crisp up nicely. (air fryer setting)
SHOULD WALLEYE BE COOKED WITH THE SKIN ON?
Some people love to remove the skin, while some love to keep the skin on. It’s a personal preference. I tend to remove the skin. But if you use a frozen walleye, you can toss it in with the skin on.
Then you can remove the skin before serving or keep it on.
HOW TO COOK FROZEN WALLEYE IN THE AIR FRYER
Nothing beats a simple seafood recipe in the air fryer, and cooking frozen walleye in the air fryer is so simple.
Place the frozen walleye into the air fryer basket and season with salt, black pepper, and garlic powder. Spray with cooking spray. Then set the temperature to 380 degrees F, and cook for 10 to 12 minutes until the fish’s internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F.
What To Serve With Walleye
This is such a light fish that you can serve with anything. Some of my favorite air fryer side dishes to serve along with walleye are:
- MEXICAN AIR FRYER SWEET POTATOES
- AIR FRYER ROASTED VEGETABLES
- AIR FRYER COBB SALAD
- EASY AIR FRYER FROZEN CRINKLE CUT FRIES
Other Ways To Prepare Walleye
Cooks who are lucky enough to reel in a Walleye they’re looking for new ideas on what to serve with this delicious fish. While many folks enjoy simply breading and air frying their Walleye, there are plenty of other great ways to prepare it.
Some great options are:
- Parmesan Crushed Walleye Recipe
- Grilled Waleley Recipes
- Broiled Walleye Recipes
- Blackened Walley Recipes
How To Make Keto Air Fryer Walleye
The breading can easily be changed out to crushed pork rinds if you are following a low-carb and keto-friendly diet. This is an excellent 5 ingredeint keto recipe that the entire family will love!
More Air Fryer Seafood Recipes!
I love these Walleye Recipes Air Fryer, then check out some of my other favorite air fryer seafood recipes!
AIR FRYER ROCKFISH: Are you looking for a delicious and healthy fish dish to cook in your air fryer? If so, then you should try out my recipe for air fryer rockfish. This dish is packed full of flavor, and it’s also low in calories and carbs. So if you’re trying to eat healthier, or if you’re looking for a new and exciting air fryer recipe to try out, then be sure to give this one a go!
AIR FRYER SWAI FISH: Are you looking for a way to make delicious fish that is healthy and low-fat? Then look no further than the air fryer! Swai fish is perfect for air frying and takes just minutes to cook. So why not give it a try tonight? You’ll be surprised at how good it is!
AIR FRYER AHI TUNA: I’m always looking for new, healthy recipes to cook in my air fryer. I had seen a few recipes for Ahi tuna online, but I wasn’t sure how it would turn out. I decided to give it a try and was pleasantly surprised! The Ahi tuna came out cooked perfectly and was so delicious! If you’re looking for an easy and healthy air fryer recipe, you must try this Ahi tuna. You won’t be disappointed!
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Air Fryer Walleye
- 2 6 ounce walleye fillets
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Rub the oil over the fillets, then season. Place your fish into the air fryer basket.
- Set the temperature to 350 degrees F, and cook for 8 to 10 minutes. Before you remove the walleye, check the internal temperature of the fish. When the internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F, you can safely remove the fish.
How To Make Air Fyrer Breaded Walley
- Pour the batter into a large sealable bag.Place your fish inside the bag and then shake a few times (make sure you seal the bag first)As your coat your fish, place them either on a greased air fryer basket or air fryer tray.Set the temperature to 400 degrees F for 8 minutes. After 8 minutes, flip and air fry for another 8 minutes. The key to golden brown is to coat your batter with olive oil generously; it will crisp up nicely. (air fryer setting)
- Air Fryer