Instant Pot-Brown Sugar BBQ Whole Chicken
This is a GREAT go-to meal. I usually stock up on whole chickens, when they are on sale. They make a great family dinner, and we usually have leftovers, so it’s also a great budget meal.
They can be flavored with anything. My favorite is a knock-off of the customary rotisserie chicken found in the grocery stores.
You only need a few ingredients,
Start by cleaning the chicken, with salt and water, and remove all of the “extras”
Add the chicken to the Instant Pot,
Don’t Forget to Pin:Print
Instant-Brown Sugar BBQ Whole Roasted Chicken
- Category: Instant Pot, Chicken, Meals
- 1 whole chicken (any size will do)
- 1/2 cup of BBQ sauce
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 2 tablespoons of canola oil (do not use olive oil, as it has a low smoking point)
- 1 onion chopped and diced
- 1 lemon or 1/2 cup of lemon juice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- As usual, clean and prepare the chicken (remove the extra parts from inside the chicken and wash with water, salt and pepper).
- Put the chicken inside the Instant Pot (I added the lemon and onion into the cavity, for extra flavor)
- In a small bowl mix together the sauce ingredients.
- Turn on your Instant Pot to preheat on the sauté setting
- Coat the chicken with the half of the sauce
- Place the chicken breast side down, in the instant pot
- Then coat the bottom side of the chicken with the other 1/2 of the sauce.
- The chicken should saute for about 5 minutes, until the breast side is nice and browned
- Then turn the chicken over, let brown for about 2 to 3 minutes
- Return the breast side up, and remain there. Add your chicken broth
- Set the timer (manual) for 25 minutes
- Allow the pressure to release naturally
- Remove the lid and let rest for about 5 minutes.
- Plate and serve and